Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Beating your record lap on Nurburgring GP was an insanely hard and energy-consuming task. The chicane and the last corner in the third sector weren't exactly my finest driving on this lap and because of that the sector time in the third sector wasn't as good as I was hoping for. But this time at least I didn't mess up the first and second sectors. :)

This track is a nightmare for getting all three sectors clean on a single lap. But that's okay, I've already accepted the fact that I'm never be able to produce a lap time with all three sectors perfect or even near perfect, at least not in this track. :)

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_05-03-22.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_05-03-22_sector_times.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently unable to say other sentences than "The Nurburgring is evil and should be banned from sim racing."

However, I managed to beat you back. There is a tenth left in the second sector, but everything else is pretty much maxed out right now. S1 was pretty much perfect, S2 I messed up in the two corners after the Schumacher S, S3 was pretty much perfect.

Time to beat is 1,28,257. And I'm gonna set myself a deadline until tomorrow evening. I'm not going to compete for the #1 spot on Nurburgring GP after that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Nurburgring is called green hell for a reason. :)

4. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Why I'm not surprised you managed to beat my lap once again in Nurburgring GP... :D

1:28.257 - very impressive lap, that's all I can say about it. :cool: The only way I could ever beat that lap time is to get around all three sectors pretty much perfectly and that's a very tough requirement for a track like this.

However I will try to beat your lap time in Kyalami first tomorrow (Sunday). I was really close doing that today couple of times but I managed to mess up the last corner of the third sector. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds good, I just logged a 1:50:3 at Curvelo long/MCR S2000, let's see if some people join!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. FS7

That's a pretty good time, especially taking into account you're using default setup. I was locking up and sliding all over the place with default setup. :eek:
    Making a few adjustments to setup helped but I'm still 3 seconds off your time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Erzurum

Erzurum Salvador Street Circuit Fan

I just made the same time in the Duratec. I beat you by some small margin. I will try to hunt the top time.
    It's a fun track for sure.

8. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to bring brake bias to the rear a lot, at least 6 clicks to stop the excessive locking! I do it on the fly with keys assigned to brake bias adjustment (but it's still considered default setup).

Nice! But using a different car is...ehmm...using a different car :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Erzurum

@cpcdem Ahah my mistake. I didn't pay attention. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  10. FS7

I'll probably post a time with the MetalMoro Duratec as well, we can still compare times by using the filter by car option.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Erzurum

Well I managed a 1.51.2 in the MCR.
    It's a harder car to drive than the Duratec. I had never tried it before today and it's fun but it does slide a lot :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dicra

I'll try my best to get in on this and set up something challenging...

Currently I'm absolutely wasted, so maybe this is more of a project for the afternoon tomorrow ^^

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dicra

So I drove a few laps; it's a fun little car, but slides a LOT, you wouldn't think it's a prototype.
    I hope to get oidafox at the top of the leaderboard, but that's going to be hard because the MCR lacks straight line speed.

New time to chase is 1,49,217. Far from a perfect lap, but overall decent.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FS7

Agreed. Decreasing tyre pressure and softening rear suspension helped but it's still harder to drive than the Duratec.

15. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Dicra Oops, I did it again at Kyalami and Nurburgring GP... :p

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_06-03-22_1.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_kyalami_tumi_world_record_06-03-22_sector_times.png

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_06-03-22.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_06-03-22_sector_times.png
    In Kyalami my first and third sectors were nothing special (small mistakes there) but my second sector was pretty close to perfection. :)

In Nurburgring GP I messed up the chicane once again in the third sector and lost one tenth of a second or even more there. However I'm very happy with my first and second sectors, can't really complain about those sector times in first and second sectors. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Dicra @ControlLogix I think I'm done for today with the Nurburgring GP... :whistle:

ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_06-03-22_2.png
    ams2_mclaren_mp4-12_nurburgring_gp_tumi_world_record_06-03-22_sector_times_2.png

Ooooh what a rush! I certainly didn't know I had a lap like this in me. :) I'm still shivering and smiling after this... :D

Big thanks to @ControlLogix and his latest Kyalami setup (suits like a glove for Nurburging GP also), it made all the difference. Definitely one of the best setups I've ever driven with in the McLaren MP4/12. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Fs, yes following thread here is currently refreshing after reading some other monthly repeating update drips,
    Having tried the mcr s2000 chasing ghost's & deliberately not setting a time, I will run some sessions there, as yes its a nice track, and would be nice to learn.
    The other tracks you mentioned , agreed here!
    Ghost is handy and 1 day it would be nice to have it in test day (sooner rather than later as test day is a waste of time without it imo).
    May set some time 1 day !
    Have fun and keep it going here chaps:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dicra

Ya know ... I just HAD to spoil that joy by investing about an hour into doing a lap that was an incredible four thousandths quicker. :p

Your third sector is absolutely insane though, especially that chicane. I had to gain every ounce of time in the first two sectors in order to then lose almost two tenths against you in the final sector. My absolute best time there (not in my current lap) - which to me felt absolutely perfect - was still over a tenth slower.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

First of all, congratulations for your awesome lap time and taking back the #1 spot, well done! It seems that this is becoming one of those never ending cycles, we simply cannot stop beating each other in Nurburgring GP. :D @ControlLogix 's latest setup has certainly unleashed some extra potential as we both improved our previous personal best lap times for approximately three tenths of a second. ;)

My lap didn't include my best first and second sectors so theoretically I still have a chance to get ahead of you in the leaderboard. ;) But that also means I would need to repeat my insane third sector. No idea if that's even possible. :D

I will give it a shot tomorrow after work (or some other day in next week) if I'll have the energy and spare time needed for that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dicra

Yes, you're right, we could probably do this forever at that track :D

However, all good things have to come to an end and I'll not try to improve my lap time there anymore. With that lap today, I think we've done great things at the Nurburgring, breaking through the 1,29 barreer and then even into the 1,28's, thanks to the insane setups @ControlLogix is able to create.

Driving-wise, there still are some things that could be tweaked, but all in all, I'm very satisfied with what I've achieved and I think it's time to move on to other places. Of course, I understand if you want to take back the #1 spot, and I don't really have doubts that you can.

However, thanks for the great battle from my side, let's hope we can have an equally good one at Kyalami!

I made a video showing our two ghost times as they currently are; the finish is a true beauty:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1