1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazilian V8 stock car coming to iRacing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kurupt CDN, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Urgh. They feel the heat of AMS 2 :O With a little unluck AMS 1 and 2 might lose some Brasil racers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

I was quite surprised by the announcement tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Well Reiza just need to grab the V8SC licence then :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 2021 Stock cars are not only some of the best content in AMS2, but in sim racing in general IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dollar exchange rate compared to local currency is still quite prohibitive, so it is unlikely people simply disband to iRacing just because of that content.

However, AMS2 is currently failing when it comes to league racing, the overall MP experience isn't great and the game isn't particularly cheap for brazillian standards, which probably isn't attracting users either.

With that said, I think iRacing is (paradoxically) actually growing inside the brazillian market because TK often streams, do community races and iRacing giveaways.

Barrichello (father and son) did some iRacing too, but haven't been online for a while.

Then Felipe Drugovich (F2 driver), Bortoletto (F3 driver) and the Fittipaldi brothers (Pietro is an F1 reserve driver and races IndyCar; Enzo is currently in F2) also stream iRacing - the Fittipaldi do it quite often.

So the brazillian public is really getting exposed to iRacing and this is the main reason (I think) for the growth in that sim popularity in the country. Having the official Stock Car series on the sim will reinforce the desire to subscribe - but as I said, it is still a prohibitive exchange rate for weak currencies like ours.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kurupt CDN

Iracing released there upcoming build notes that will be available this coming week and the Brazilian stock cars will be released.
    Super pumped for these!
    Several pieces of new content will be released in the build.
    Aston Martin Vantage GT4
    Hyundai Veloster
    Buick lasaber retro nascar
    Winton Race track

Key highlights, more performance passes for flat screen and VR.
    GT3 tire /aero updates
    2022 nascar gander updates and much more.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. slider916

slider916 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope we'll get to see the 2022 cars in AMS2 at some point, and it's just not exclusive to iRacing.

9. Guiga

Guiga New Member

Finally a properly detailed version of the cars instead of remastering assets from 2012

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

I bought the Corolla today, the interior detail IMO looks better than the 21 Reiza version, illuminated light switches, reinforcement on the A-pillar, sound is great.
    Driving wise, after the latest update, I kinda like the Reiza version and found it had a alot more grip and easier to drive than the iRacing version.
    Lap times at interlogos were very different too.
    AMS2 1:39.5
    Iracing 1:45

If recall the pro driver feedback floating around the forms, he said the AMS2 version was quicker than RL times?
    Anyways, it was only a quick few lap test before I went to work, I'll give it some more testing and get things dialed in.

Overall, it was fun and another great addition to the service.
    I was able to get on right after the down time finished and there was already 300+ people testing the cars in the first hr in the week 13 server they set up.

Looking forward to driving this car more :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Kurupt CDN

I spent some more time today comparing between the two and dialed in some settings in iracing which instantly lowered my lap times by 2 secs from my previous post.

AMS2 1:40
    Iracing 1:43

Main differences I found..

AMS2 is much faster, easier to handle and far more forgiving, I found I could mash the brakes like it has abs and mash the gas mid corner like TC and if the rear did start to kick out, it was much easier to control and power out of.

Where as the iRacing version there was a max braking point before locking up which I found easier to do, several parts of the track going through the corners I could feel the rear starting to get light where I'd have to modulate the throttle to not have the rear step out.
    Overall I found you had to be more precise with inputs to get a good lap.
    Personally I'd expect a bit more grip in certain situations, I am sure we will get a few more updates on the car in the coming weeks.
    Still a really fun car to drive and will take some practice getting a hang of.

Not sure which is more accurate, tho the AMS version definitely checks the fun box as you can get away like driving like a nut and not get punished as much....but it can still bite ya :)

What are the current specs on the current cars in regards to assists?

Also, what was the fastest RL time in 2021 at interlogos?
    Finding it difficult to find times that aren't a total race time.

12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

No TC / No ABS

Interlagos 2021 Qualy : Gabriel Casagrande (Cruze) : 1:39.496