Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

UPDATE: Frame Rate Limiter turned itself off, causing the game to work twice as hard, causing stutters. PICNICS (Problem In Chair, Not In Car Simulator)

Track & Layout Used
    : Goiania (probably others)
    Car Used: FV10 Gen 2 (probably others)
    Applicable Settings: 24 AI drivers, Rain or Storm conditions - anything to get the graphics going
    Report: The frame rate is stable most of the time, but after 5 or so minutes of racing in the rain it starts to have 30 second spurts where the frame rate drops to what feels like 15 fps or worse. Not sure if this is due to the AI count or the rain. I don't think it's related to my computer because I've got graphics on the minimums, with a beefy laptop that has no problems running similar intensity games.
    Steps to reproduce: Race a race with 24 AI and some rain.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: McLaren MC-12 (or was it 13?)
    Applicable Settings: Test session, probably all
    Report: The tire selector has the dry tires label blank.
    Steps to reproduce: Fire up a session with the car and go to the setup screen, flick through the tire choices, and observe the labels.

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What time and what track were you using? For me, this issue only happens very late at sunset where the sun is about to disappear and crepuscular rays are turned on... forcing very long shadows and huge amount of rays, thus massive FPS impact.

4. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: All settings maximum
    Report: I was making an opening corner crash clip, every time I chose to Restart Session after a wreck, any cars that had lost wheels (including my own) then raced with missing wheels, and looked the same in replays. Saved replays play back correctly. The only way to get wheels back is to exit the event and start a new one.
    Steps to reproduce: As above.

5. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: All settings maximum
    Report: Saving replays now seems to be automatic, if you watch them after the event has been finished. I noticed though, that when I watched replays in the Replay section, occasionally watching them through would save a duplicate of the replay just watched, so the Replay saving code must be triggering again somehow.
    Steps to reproduce: Not so sure, but it happened twice, just from watching short replays.

6. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track at night or in the rain
    Car Used: Any car with headlights
    Applicable Settings: Rain or night racing (graphics and performance settings make no difference)
    Report: Terrible fps when racing at night or in the rain when racing with cars with headlights.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car with headlights with a grid of 20 AI at night or in the rain so that the headlights are on. Start at the front of the grid and you get terrible fps. Start at the back of the grid and fps is good. Change to cars with no headlights and start at the front of the grid and fps is good. Headlights from the back or from the front are causing a massive drop in fps so the game is unplayable at night or in the rain in VR as it is impossible to get 90 fps due to this performance bug.
    Suggestion: Since this issue has been reported for a while now and still no fix has come out, can you please give an option to either disable headlights or change the headlights to a simple glow effect (so doesn't actually cast light and shadows) so that we can at least race in the rain or on tracks that have lights at night, until you are able to resolve this performance bug.

• Agree Agree x 30
    • Like Like x 2
  7. NR The-Boss

I had it set to the current date (well, yesterday) and set to race at 2pm as default. I wouldn't think the sun would be low enough in the sky to get those sun rays working, especially because their days are a lot longer than the northern hemisphere.
    That said, that's a setting I'll definitely look at. I would think a Ryzen 9-4900HS, 16gb ram and an RTX2060 would be enough to run the game in those conditions on minimum settings without much issues, but this is a laptop, so I could be wildly wrong.

EDIT: I've just noticed my Nvidia frame rate limiter was off. I wonder if that has something to do with it, I'll turn it back on and test it tonight.

EDIT EDIT: Frame rate limiter has fixed the issue - game runs perfect under the same conditions and the recording is beautiful.

8. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand it's all in the works and the paint jobs are being sorted as well.

9. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used: Championship Mode
    Car Used: Formula Reiza (Seems to be irrelevant)
    Applicable Settings: 23 race championship season
    Report: Crash to desktop when clicking the start button immediately after making a custom championship
    Steps to reproduce: Make a custom championship with at least 23 races, get to the screen with the circular "start" button, and observe le crash

Request: Is it possible to make the custom championships saveable? It's frustrating to have to make the same championship over and over because it doesn't save.

10. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used: Goiania Full
    Car Used: Formula Reiza
    Applicable Settings: 42 lap race, 19 car AI field, championship mode, mandatory pit stop
    Report: All of the AI get DQed in the last quarter of the race. No clue why - maybe they don't know they need to stop because mandatory pit stop?
    Steps to reproduce: Make a championship, set up a race as described, race and observe the AI count.

Update: tried this with a quick 9 lap race at the same track with the same car to see if Mandatory Pit Stop was the issue, first race w/ the rule had two cars DQed.
    Update 2: Second race had no DQs, run without the Mandatory Pit Stop. That's definitely the problem. Which means I need to start my championship over. Again.

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

It is an old issue that AI often do not obey mandatory stop rule. Obviously not solved for all classes/tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Custom Ai Roster Not Possible if not enough Liveries

Track & Layout Used: Not Relevant
    Car Used: P2
    Applicable Settings: Not Relevant
    Report: Since there is only 3 liveries for the P2 - Sigma P1 Car, its not possible to do an Custom AI Roster, since only the first 3 drivers will be taken. Please allow us to use same liveries for different drivers, or add at least enough liveries for all cars so that Custom AI Roster championship is possible.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a P2.xml custom ai roster with Sigma P1 liveries.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Cart 2000:
    On some tracks, the opponent's tyres look like as if they were sunk into the ground.

20220310153647_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielbergh Historic no chicane
    Car Used: Group C
    Applicable Settings: Ranked online. 9 players & 7 AI @100/100 real weather. Day to night.
    10 laps.
    Report:
    1: Black fog time stamp's: 1.23 mins,1.58, 2.17,.2.20
    2: C9 Merc is way to fast for Porsche 1st lap, gap to slowest C9 less than 1/2 lap in is 2.31 sec timestamp 1.18 .: End of race Gap 1st Porsche to Slowest Merc C9 is 20.373 seconds. (vid 2.53mins)
    Porsche was at 100% boost
    3 Cold tyres all race.!
    4 Start of race Car 4 in standings time/pos disappears/reappears/ time stamp from 10 secs
    Steps to reproduce
    Night race for fog
    2 Race group C
    3 Winter race

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  15. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife 2020
    Car Used: Group A
    Applicable Settings: 10 minute timed Online race w/AI
    Report: I was driving in an online race with AI in the Mercedes, and on the first lap I was in about 11th of 20 cars and about half way down the long back stretch (near the tourist parking lot) all the AI cars went a lap down, their HUD map bubbles turned blue and I was in first place yet still behind 10 or so cars. It did not fix itself at the start/finish.

Also, sadly I didn't set up the lobby so I don't know the AI strengths, but the AI was perfect in the straights but going into certain turns they were extremely slow, nothing what you'd expect. On turns that you just slightly lift off the gas, they'd slowed dramatically. They just seemed a little off in some turns, yet other turns perfect. Probably doesn't help because I don't know the settings but it was evident.

16. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Think engine deterioration may be due to over rev’ing the engine

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim 1988 (guess this does not matter)
    Car Used: BMW M1 Pro Car
    Applicable Settings: Race, 15 laps (more than 30 minutes), 25 AI, mandatory pitstops.
    Report:
    The stops of the AI lasted about 5 seconds. I had set my strategy to "only change tyres" in the setup menu before race, saved the strategy and activated it. A few laps before I came in, I also opened the ICM in order to check that repair was set to "off" and refuelling was deactivated.
    My stop then took more than 20 seconds just for changing tyres. Lost the race this way.

So, the AI either changed nothing in pits or they have standing times like open wheel cars. The latter would be extremely unfair compared to the time human player loses in pits.

18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Please Check if you have random pit stop failures enabled. Because that's exacly what is does..

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

This option is only there in Multiplayer, not for races against AI.

20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The setting is also in general game options.