What do you think is the most significant reason AMS2 userbase is so small?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Mar 2, 2022.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a global sim racing survey would be useful for the devs. For example, what attracts people in each region to various sim racing titles?

Why is Raceroom so popular in Germany? (DTM is my guess)
    Why is Japan underrepresented in PC sim racing?
    What do Americans want?
    What would attract people in Oceania?
    How do we get more sim racers from South America?

Europe is clearly the main PC sim racing hub at the moment but that means there is plenty of room for growth.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TronLi

Maybe this Humble Bundle will help!
    • $13 - Automobilista, Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition, rFactor 2, NASCAR Heat 5, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Drift 21, Automobilista 2, 3-month iRacing subscription (new members only), 20% off Thrustmaster T248 coupon, 20% off Thrustmaster T150 coupon

3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That's a good deal indeed, but it's odd that for me here in Brazil the bundle has 9 items and no ACC. Maybe some sort of region restriction?

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Turning left for 2 hours with gas pedal constantly floored. Brake pedal optional.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

I'm sure you are joking but this statement makes you look wholly ignorant to the intricacies of oval racing. You should try it, it's great fun and a very challenging skill

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

2door2 at 300+ kmh is fricking nervewrecking, imho. Cars 360 degrees around you. Maybe less than 1 meter or 30 cm between.. Wojooo

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So I've been thinking about that this evening. Obviously if player base is low people are paying something else so I made a short list to see how things compare. Of course I realise this is subjective, but anyway.

1. Lobby creation - by far the best out there. Hassle free MP race creation
    2. VR - Amongst the best ones there
    3. Graphics (pancake) - If not best then pretty close
    4. Car choice - under par
    5. Track choice - under par
    6. Sound - there are better sims out there. Much better.
    7. Physics - not the best but not bad either

To be honest I feel a bit weird to be such a great fan of this sim LOL
    But hey, I am and I'm OK with it ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. TronLi

Serious question, which popular tracks are lacking other than Le Mans and Indy (of which one or both may appear later this year)?

I think we already have the most popular tracks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. VFX Pro

FYI - I have driven 740HP NASCAR cars for the Richard Petty school... I was also the liaison person for Fox Sports covering Hendricks Motorsports for NASCAR. Yeah... not sure I agree with your "ignorant of all the intricate details of oval racing". :rolleyes: One can say "I've tried it" and my joke remains true about American wanting ovals.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TronLi

Luckily we'll get them sometime this year!

11. BartZ

Although Le Mans in just "one track" it's a pretty big one. Then there's Zandvoort, Hungaroring, Fuji and... yea on second thought you're right. We don't have them all (no one does) but we have most. Good point.

PS. Geeez I hope you're right about Le Mans coming here. That would be the greatest addition since Spa :)

12. TronLi

I hope so too, Le Mans would really shine in AMS2, even more than in PC2 because you know they would have at least 4 layouts.

13. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Other than those 2, I would really only say Sebring and Barcelona. A lot of must have tracks are in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Very cool! And no disrespect intended, just always looking to get people to try ovals. Most dismiss it outright sadly.

15. TronLi

I did for sure before the CART DLC came out and got me interested in the real life racing series. However my game experience is limited to PC2 ovals which were fairly boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. VFX Pro

I agree with you... there subtle nuances in oval racing that most people don't understand but it's so easy to make fun of, hard to resist :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 1 was Reiza's first real introduction to simracing. F-Truck etc were great as well
    AMS 2 will be Reiza's love child and a big step in the right direction of Simracing. I am wondering how the sim will be in 2024 <3

Now I can only think of:
    Reiza Rallye, so we finally will see a true RBR successor. Can Reiza tackle rallye to it's true extent?
    Maybe in the future AMS 3? Or Ovals? Or will they develop AMS 2 into a huge sim-hub with the best cars, constant updates and all that? So people play it till 2040 and beyond? Just like World of Warcraft, etc?

• Like Like x 2
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hungaroring popular? It is tight, twisty, not many spots for overtaking, did not think it was popular and I have always hated driving it in sims and it my least favourite to watch for F1. I am only one person though, maybe it is more popular than I thought.

19. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, I was more shocked at him mentioning Zandvoort. I don't know anyone that likes that track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BartZ

Haha? Not sure what's so funny about that. I think Zandvoortis a great track. Not to everyone's liking maybe but it's challenging. Hungaroring is historic and very technical. I don't rate a good rack merely on how easy it's to overtake there. It's not the number one track for spectators but for driving it's tricky and rewards good driving. But we're departinufrom the topic...

+1 for Sebring btw

Edit: Alfonso described Hungaroring as "a great track". Ricardo "I like Hungaroring". Max "Very difficult track to master" - which is exactly what I'm talking about. Ericsson "very technical" and "intense". Leclerc "very technical". Perez "lot of corners that can catch you out and it’s a big challenge to get a clean lap". Ocon "narrow, but it’s still very fast. There are a lot of quick changes of direction and the corners come one after the other with no chance to catch a breath. That’s what I really like about it"
    Maybe I'm not the only one who thinks this is not a sh!t track but hey, it must be if you don't know anyone who likes it

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1