1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Is this a known issue? I started running a championship mode with custom drivers, but only a few of them show up. I got the custom driver file off of Race Dept for the Formula classic cars, and lucky the main ones show up as intended - Senna, Prost, Mansel, Piquet. But several of the lower teams drivers are not the ones in the file but generic ones - and they're annoyingly fast which kinda breaks immersion. Brundle is notably missing from my championship.

Anyone seen this before?

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Likely the AI file is made for a different version of the car set. Check the livery selection screen (or the livery xml file) for the actual car name and that the driver performance xml file has the exact same text for the AI driver car name.

3. Marg

Marg Active Member

Yes, it is when in drivers XML file are a bit wrong livery names. At first it seems OK, but carefully looking it is possible that those with generic names have wrong liveries even apostrophe can play a role, or there is a "space" somewhere.

4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm using this xml file from Race Department
    F1 1991 Season Custom AI

Are there issues with this one?

5. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

That particular file's not working for me either.

If it's helpful, I've attached one I created when I did a championship a few months back (and before Timo created his). It's not as well thought-out as he went through (i.e. I used random numbers for a number of the variables outside of overall skill), but it produced enjoyable racing with logical-enough results. It's still working for me if I start up a race with 26 AI cars.

FWIW.

Attached Files:

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a few drivers there with mistakes in the car names, simple stuff like "Brabham-Yamaha #8" when it should be "Brabham-Yamaha #08". Also the Footwork-Fords should be Footwork-Porsches. I suppose the liveries got changed at some point.

7. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

New in update V1.3.5.0:

Starting on AMS2 V1.3.5.0, we implemented forced and unforced mistakes logic for AI, with support for user overriding the likelihood of forced and unforced mistakes personality values for AI drivers (check the first post of this thread to learn how to override the new avoidance_of_mistakes and avoidance_of_forced_mistakes personality values).

The AI may make understeer or oversteer programmed mistakes in the following situations: on race reaction to green flag (depending on his start_reactions personality value), on puddles (depending his wet_skill personality value), on brakezones, on mid corners and on throttle appliance in corner exit, depending on his avoidance_of_mistakes personality values. The types of mistakes also depend on if the car is FWD or RWD.

Some mistakes are programmed to be recoverable (i.e. minor mistakes, wont cause AI to spin or go off track, are more likely to occur) and some mistakes are programmed to be non-recoverable (i.e. major mistakes like spin or go off track, are less likely to occur).

The likelihood of a mistake on a given moment depends on several factors, like if he has poor related personality traits like the avoidance_of_mistakes personality value and the consistency value, or is suffering pressure (even more if the pressure occurs near the end of race or if he has poor defending or poor avoidance_of_forced_mistakes personality value), or track is wet and he has poor wet_skill, or he has slicks in wet, or he is in qualifying hotlap and has poor qualifying_skill value, or he is tired (due to poor stamina for example), or his tyres are worn. Mistakes will be less likely if that part of road has walls near (to simulate him being more careful to mistakes on tracks with walls near road).

PS: I copyed this info into the first post of this thread.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brilliant! Today I saw a SCB miss their braking point touch the AI in front on rear while it was turning into a corner and it ended up spanning. Pretty awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This sounds fantastic. I have already seen some dramatic moments stemming from AI mistakes and I'm looking forward to much less certainty in race action moving forward. Excellent work by Reiza.

I suspect that AI 'slipstreaming' is an area that still needs more work, but overall, AMS2 AI is now very close to surpassing the AI in other titles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marg

Marg Active Member

I assume avoidance_of_mistekaes must be small like 0.10 to see those mistakes? And 0.99 is a driver with no mistakes?

• Like Like x 1
  11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gave this a good run-out tonight and very pleased with the effect the new parameters have. I tried setting a number of AI drivers to having very low values for avoidance of both mistake types and there was plenty of rear-end twitching going on through-out the races, as well as a smattering of spins and offs. It really elevates the experience of racing against the AI.

And the little mistakes where the AI lose 1/2 a second facilitates more AI overtaking AI, which is a nice bonus.

There's still the issue where the AI are generally reluctant finish off overtakes that they have 80% completed on other AI cars, so hopefully Reiza can crack that and it will make the races so much more dynamic and eventful than they've been until now.

Great job and thank you for adding this much needed feature.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

This is my 0.1 F1 Ultimate Gen2 Base File. This file contains similar performances of F1 2022 Australian Qualifying. Free to modify it. I test it with 100 ai skill and 50 aggression Attention! There are 4 custom ai drivers to modify. Tomorrow I will modify with race results! Forza Ferrari and Leclerc! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Harry H

I've added F USA Gen1 and F Ultimate Gen2 liveries and enabled the 2 new AI mistake parameters in the latest version of the XML generator here ....AMS2 AI Creation Tool V2.23

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Bloody awesome. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. MarkBLN

MarkBLN New Member

Is the ability to pick which liveries each ai drives going to be added to the ingame interface at any stage? So you can replicate a real life grid and not have duplicates.

Is there also going to be an option to add additional liveries to what is in the game? So I a certain car only has 5 you can still just have 5 custom ones, or be able to add as many as you like?

16. MEDIUMDONGER

MEDIUMDONGER New Member

I'm confused, after populating the F-Ultimate Gen2 class with names and values, I go to create an XML file under "Create XML here", but I can only choose between ARC_CAM to CopaFusca in the drop-down menu, F-Ultimate Gen2 doesn't even show up.
    What am I doing wrong?

17. Harry H

I may have forgotten something :) Let me check....

EDIT: Nope, it's working for me, although there may be typos (I haven't checked them all in game). The drop down list should have all car classes, so there's something wrong. Maybe delete the sheet, download it afresh and try again...

18. Marg

Marg Active Member

I just took a glimpse in a file there were not only Lola-T95, but also Lola-T85 entries.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Harry H

Yes, thanks for that. Fixed now.

20. David Roehrich

David Roehrich New Member

Holy Crap this is amazing! And I love the addition of the skill levels and your idea of moving up the ranks in that! Well done thanks so much for the hard work! This really takes AI racing to another level

• Informative Informative x 1