1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The SIM Dashboard Community Designs Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XTRMNTR2K, Apr 9, 2022.

1. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

>> All of my SIM Dashboard designs <<
    (Alternatively just type in my username XTRMNTR2K into the search and you'll get the same results.)

Cars / classes that are WIP or not yet published:

• none!
    List of AMS2 classes I have fully completed at this time:
    • Formula Ultimate Generation 2 (+alternate design based on the Ferrari F1-75)
    • Formula Ultimate 2019
    • Formula Reiza
    • Formula V10 Generation 1 & 2 (+1999 Benetton B199)
    • Formula V12
    • Formula Classic Generation 1
    • Formula Classic Generation 2
    • Formula Classic Generation 3 (new) (McLaren MP4/5b is the same as MP4/6)
    • Formula Classic Generation 4
    • Formula HiTech Generation 1
    • Formula HiTech Generation 2
    • Formula Retro Generation 1
    • Formula Retro Generation 2
    • Formula Retro Generation 3
    • Formula Vintage Generation 1 & 2
    • Formula Junior
    • Formula USA Generation 1-3
    • Formula USA 2023
    • Formula 3 Brasil (F301 & F309)
    • Fórmula Inter
    • Formula Trainer Basic
    • Formula Trainer Advanced (same as MetalMoro MRX P3)
    • Formula Vee Brazil
    • Karts (Rental, GX390, 125cc, Shifter)
    • Superkart 250cc
    • Carrera Cup
    • Ginetta G55 Supercup
    • Catherham Academy, Supersport / Superlight & 620R
    • MINI Cooper JCW
    • BMW M1 Procar
    • Sprint Race
    • Stock Car Brasil 2019-2022
    • Stock Car Brasil 2023 (separate design, updated to the new specs found in AMS2)
    • Stock Car Brasil 1999 (Chevrolet Omega Stock Car)
    • Chevrolet Opala Stock Cars (1979, 1986, Old Stock)
    • Copa Truck
    • Copa Montana
    • Copa Classic (Generic) + Mini Cooper S 1965 B
    • Copa Fusca (Side LCD, dashboard is the same as Opala Stock Car)
    • Copa Uno (recommended: Copa Classic Generic)
    • Hot Cars (recommended: Copa Classic Generic / Chevrolet Opala Stock Cars)
    • ARC Camaro
    • Super V8
    • Ultima GTR (Road)
    • German Group A (DTM)
    • Vintage Touring Cars Tier 1 (BMW 2002 Turbo / Corvette C3)
    • Vintage Touring Cars Tier 2 (Lotus 23 / Mini Cooper S 1965)
    • Group C / GTP
    • LMDh
    • DPI Prototypes (Cadillac DPi-VR)
    • P1-P4 Prototypes
    • P1 Gen 2 Prototypes
    • GT Classics
    • GT1
    • GT3 Gen 1
    • GT3 Gen 2
    • GT Open
    • GTE
    • GT4
    • GT5
    • Mitsubishi Lancer R & RS
    • Street Cars
    • Supercars
    • Hypercars
    • TSI Cup (VW Polo / Virtus & separate GTS versions)
    • Formula Dirt
    • Kart Cross
    • Rallycross
    Dashboards for mod cars:
    • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992) by PCars Modding Team
    • Dallara IR18 2023 Indycar by KAOS Modding Team
    • Panoz Esperante GTR-1 by ThunderFlash / Didouc
    Missing Cars / Classes in AMS2 (let me know if I forgot any!):
    • none!

Hey everyone,

when it comes to external devices and applications that can display the telemetry of your favorite racing sim, there are quite a few different options to choose from. SimHub, for instance, seems to be extremely popular these days (and from what I've seen, with good reason!).

My personal go-to app over the last few years has been Stryder-IT's SIM Dashboard. The full license is very affordable and the app covers dozens of sims - not just racing simulations, but truck, farming and flight simulations as well! As an added bonus, the app can also be configured as a substitute for a button box (although having a real, tangible button box is preferable, of course!).

A while ago SIM Dashboard also got a Studio mode where you can conveniently and more precisely create and edit your phone or tablet designs remotely from your PC browser, which makes the software far easier and more intuitive to use.

So I am wondering, are there any other SIM Dashboard users here in the forum? As far as I know, @Leynad is also a fellow user of the app, maybe there are more of us. :)

So I propose that we use this thread to feature and discuss our favorite SIM Dashboard designs - no matter if they are our own creations or our favorite community designs!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. XTRMNTR2K

Over the course of the years I have created a few dashboard designs of my own. Most of these were created with either AMS1 or AMS2 in mind, although some are attempts to replicate vehicles that aren't present in either sim, such as DTM 2013 & 2016 models, or the Corvette C7R GTE.

Either way, I thought that I would share my designs with you - maybe some of you find these useful or inspire you to create your designs? :)

Alright, I'll start with my latest one. I'm sure some people will find this one useful!

Ferrari F1-75 Leclerc Display for AMS2 (F-Ultimate Gen 2)
    Ferrari_F1-75_Leclerc_Dash.jpeg

This is my attempt at recreating a current F1 era display that is mostly authentic but also features a few changes and improvements where I found them necessary. The design was based on another one the user Niccolò created, which you can find here:

leclerc dash

There is a popup when the pit limiter is active, and a 2-second popup whenever brake bias is changed (but you can easily delete it if you don't like that feature).

The ERS display is fully functional, although the app does not yet feature a number output for State of Charge (SOC); I also had to employ a bit of trickery to get close to the multicolored look of the real ERS bar in the F1-75. The ERS bar also changes brightness based on status - it is slightly dimmer when charging, and gets brighter whenever ERS power is being applied. Overall I really love how this one turned out, and it nicely complements the recently released Formulate Ultimate Gen 2 in AMS2.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. XTRMNTR2K

On the topic of (relatively) recently released AMS2 cars, the absolutely wonderful Formula USA Gen 2 also got the SIM Dashboard treatment:

Formula USA Gen 2 for AMS2
    F-USA_Gen2.jpeg

Not much to say, except that it works well for the F-USA Gen 2 (and Gen 3, although some vehicles have a slightly different display if memory serves right).

Staying within the theme of recreating AMS1/2 formula car displays, I also attempted to replicate the Formula Ultimate (Gen 1) dash, both in their AMS1 and AMS2 variants:

Formula Ultimate for AMS
    F-Ultimate_AMS1.jpeg

Formula Ultimate AMS2
    F-Ultimate_AMS2.jpeg

The differences are mostly minor and cosmetic. And please excuse the lame preview image for the AMS2 version - these are generated whenever the layout is modified, and apparently I accidentally edited it while the sim wasn't running. Oops.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

Does anyone enjoy the DTM cars of the 2010s? Of course you do! :D

While we don't have these in AMS1 or 2, RaceRoom does have its fair share of DTM cars from that era, which is why I decided to replicate those back in the day.

Apparently those cars all used the Bosch DDU8 in those years, so here are two layouts based on the 2013 and 2016 layouts used in the DTM back then:

DTM 2013 Bosch DDU8
    DTM_2013_Bosch_DDU8.jpeg

DTM 2016 Bosch DDU8
    DTM_2016_Bosch_DDU8.jpeg

Not much to say, really - they're simple enough, but they work well. Telemetry available to DTM drivers was still kinda rudimentary in those years.

But the real question is: Do you like Karts? If the answer is a resounding 'YES!' you probably spent a fair bit of time with the Karts in AMS1 or 2. Maybe you'll find this Kart-style display useful I designed for AMS1:

Kart Dash for AMS1
    Kart_Dash_AMS.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. XTRMNTR2K

Formula cars, and silhouette race cars of the DTM have been covered so far... But what about GTs and Prototypes? I don't know about you, but I just *love* those. Some have particularly cool designs (or are otherwise close to my heart), which is why I decided to recreate some of them.

Corvette C7R GTE
    Corvette_C7R_GTE.jpeg

I know this car isn't represented in AMS1 or AMS2, but this was still designed with AMS1 functionality in mind. All features are fully functional, with the exception of the battery power level - that's just a cosmetic thing.

As a little special feature, the LED bars to the sides have the same functionality as they do in the real C7R GTE: Whenever a wheel locks up, the corresponding LEDs will light up red; if you are experiencing wheel spin, they will light up blue. I think this is a really cool function that I would actually expect to find in more race cars, as it can be tremendously useful to quickly determine issues with the brake balance, for instance.

Porsche 911 GT1 98 for AMS2
    Porsche_911_GT1_98.jpeg

Ah, the 911 GT1! A car that's dear to my heart. This is a pretty authentic replica of the real thing, with one or two minor differences (I think those were related to features not exposed by AMS2 telemetry data). Either way, this also works well for the McLaren F1 GTR, since the display is for the most part identical.

MetalMoro AJR for AMS1
    Metalmoro_AJR.jpeg
    To be completely honest, I immediately fell in love with the AJR the first time I saw and drove it in AMS. The dashboard display is rather minimal, and even stranger, the analog speed gauge doesn't go past 260 kilometers per hour - even though the car is able to reach speeds in excess of 280 kph!

That being said, I tried to keep this as authentic as possible. It's a good replication of the AMS1 version of this car. As of AMS2, however, the in-car display is very different (I guess the cars used in the Endurance Brasil series have evolved a lot since then).

• Like Like x 4
  6. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for these displays :)
    I’ve used Sim Dashboard for a couple of years, running on an old mobile phone mounted behind my wheel. Great to see others using it as well!

• Like Like x 1
  7. XTRMNTR2K

Alright, these were my attempts at replicating real dashboards... So let's move on to the fictional displays intended to provide as much information as possible!

My most recent attempts were meant to provide a lot of useful information in a compact and (somewhat) easily readable package. Color does, however, have a huge impact on how information is perceived, so I decided to provide both a colorful and a mostly gray scale version of the same dash:

Universal GT Display
    Universal_GT_Display.jpeg

There's a lot of information here... but I like to think it's easy enough to gather at a glance.

Universal GT Display (color)
    Universal_GT_Display_Color.jpeg

Fancy a dash of color? I got you covered. Otherwise still the same display as above.

All-in-one-style display for AMS
    All-in-One-Style_Dash.jpeg

Okay, this one is crappy, I get it. It looks amateurish and the colors are distracting if nothing else. This was one of my first designs and both my skills as well as the app have evolved since then. So consider this the granddaddy of the two Universal GT Displays I posted above.

Quick Info screen (vertical)
    Quick_Info_vertical.jpeg
    Sometimes I just want some crucial data while racing with the in-game HUD turned off. This vertical dash designed for a phone does just that - nothing more, nothing less. It won't win any beauty contest, but it gets the job done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. XTRMNTR2K

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy to hear you are a fellow SIM Dashboard user. Just like you said it's great when you have a spare smartphone or tablet. Most recently I tried an old Samsung Galaxy A6 phone, and while the device itself has great performance and works well, I still find it a little too small to use for most dashboards even when it's closely behind the wheel. So ultimately I find myself going back to my ancient Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1... :D

Okay, these were most of my designs so far. What's still missing? Right, session data! Maybe you want to keep an eye on your lap times during practice? Or need the times of your competition as well during race and qualifying? I got you covered.

Personal Timing Screen
    Persona_Timing_Screen.jpeg

Perfect when you are just hotlapping by yourself, or developing setups.

Race Timing Screen
    Race_Timing_Screen.jpeg

Similar to the layout above, this design provides a track map with all drivers as well as their last lap and sector times as well as delta times between them.

Session Timing, Track Map & Info
    Session_Timing_Track_Map_Info.jpeg

One of my oldest but also most popular designs. It's rather simplistic, but provides basic information about your current session and lap times. Similar to the Personal Timing Screen, it may prove useful when hotlapping or developing setups.

Alright, those were all of my published designs so far! There are a few more I have on my devices, but I'm not sure they are really worth sharing.

Either way, I can't wait to see what else the community has come up with! Post your favorite SIM Dashboard designs, I'd love to see them!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you got DRS working with Sim Dashboard?

10. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just discovered this thread, I'm a Sim Dashboard user too, these designs are great thanks for sharing them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. XTRMNTR2K

Haven't actually paid attention to it yet, sorry. I'm not sure it's implemented yet, as the last update to the app was in February, I think. Do you know when DRS state was added to AMS2 shared telemetry data?

ERS deployment state, for instance, has only been added very recently, so I hope it'll be included in the next SIM Dashboard update as well.

Thanks a lot! I greatly appreciate the feedback. I had planned to share a few of my personal favorites from the community (as well as those made by strider-it himself), but for some reason things keep happening and I haven't been able to get around to it yet. Last night my computer screen (an old 42" LCD TV, actually) died and I've been scrambling to find a temporary replacement for most of the day. (Funny thing is, said 42" TV only started out as a "temporary replacement" itself... :oops:)

12. sgsfabiano

Sorry, I don't know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. XTRMNTR2K

Mercedes-Benz CLK LM GT1 for AMS2
    clk_lm_dash.jpg

Couldn't do much sim racing for most of the week because my computer screen died, so I ended up pondering which dash I could replicate next.

Once my new monitor arrived (even slightly larger than my old one at 43" :eek:) I sat down and started working on a faithful replica of the CLK LM display, as seen in the GT1 machine we have in AMS2.

It's not perfect yet and I may add or change a few more things to give it more polish, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with my work (despite the really minimalist list of features inherent to the design).

There are a few minor difference to the display you see in the in-game cockpit, such as the missing RPM numbers above the display. This is due to multiple reasons, one of them being that I could not freely edit their position when linked to the RPM display and values, the other being that placing the numbers manually wouldn't make sense as the original RPM scale is 1) non-linear and 2) calibrated for a maximum value of around 9,000, so when used in conjunction with other cars the values would be incorrect.

Another very minor difference is the timing of the RPM lights, which activate at slightly lower RPMs than they do in game (around 1-2% less for each). Last but not least I decided to differentiate the shift lights by making them blink, and the RPM LEDs also double as indicator for the pit limiter.

If you want you can also add a gear indicator somewhere, but keep in mind that the real thing doesn't have this feature, either. (Plus I usually use a Symprojects GI Max Display on my desk for this purpose, which is much easier to see out of the corner of the eye anyway.)

I hope you enjoy using this dash!

• Like Like x 2
  14. XTRMNTR2K

Do you like the BMW M1 Procar? No? I don't like it either - because I love it! :D

So imagine my frustration at not having a corresponding dashboard design for SIM Dashboard. (Well, there is a community-made one available but that doesn't cover the race model we have in game - instead it's the road version, I think?)

Without further ado I present to you my latest creation, the
    BMW M1 Procar for AMS2
    BMW_M1_Procar_Dash_2_0.jpg
    As a special feature, the gauges light up when the headlights are turned on - how cool is that?!

This is how it looks with the lights turned off (minus a few differences to the latest version above, because I added a few minor fixes and improvements since the first release):

BMW_M1_Procar_Dash_1_0.jpg
    The list of features includes (obviously) working dials* for RPM, Fuel Load (as water pressure doesn't seem to be supported as analog dial in SIM Dashboard, at least for AMS2), Water and Oil Temperatures and Oil Pressure. The light labelled as "blinker" (turn indicator) in the original cockpit was changed for a shift light, as I found that more useful. The beam indicator also works, although the other warning lights, at this point, sadly do not.

*For some strange reason, there is a noticeable difference between app and in-game concerning the readouts of Oil and Water values. Not sure why that is or how to fix it.

Either way, I in some ways this one is my most elaborate creation yet and I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out! Let me know if you like the design as well - and don't be shy if you have any ideas on how to improve my designs!

As a sidenote, I opted to use English labels in this design despite the original having those in German - I figured not everyone speaks German and would appreciate these being in English instead. Hopefully this doesn't detract too much from the authenticity of the design!

P.S.: One thing I learned the hard way is that it's not a good idea to set anything but a simple color as background for your SIM Dashboard designs. You are better off inserting even the lowermost layer of your cockpit graphics as image and then scale it according to your needs. Otherwise the design may look good on your device, but will not scale properly on devices that have a different aspect ratio (even when adjusting screen setup for each design to account for this). For instance, my tablet has an aspect ratio of 16:10 (1270x800), whereas the phone I occasionally use as additional display has a ratio of 18.5:9 (1480x720). To make matters worse, my old tablet completely messes up the scaling unless it is put into fullscreen mode by double-tapping the display. Just something to keep in mind if you are creating your own designs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. XTRMNTR2K

Sorry for the delayed reply - I went looking for a DRS widget earlier and could not find one. Apparently it is not yet supported by the app. However, I am very tempted to register for beta releases of SIM Dashboard to see what kind of new stuff is in development...
    Hopefully the next release will see the addition of ERS mode as well!

16. sgsfabiano

There is no widget for DRS indeed.

Many months ago I imported one of the layouts I had for AC. In this AC layout I had RPM lights for F1 with the first two lights as indicator for DRS enabled and DRS activated. This setting apparently is not available for AMS2.

However, since I imported the whole layout with that widget, somehow the DRS lights settings were actually kept for AMS2. This means I actually can see when I have DRS enabled (first light on) and DRS activated (second light on). Unfortunately these lights overlap with the normal RPM, therefore the only moment I can actually visualize them is when I hit the limit of the RPM, so all the lights blink. If the first light doesnt blink, that means I have DRS available. If the second one doesn't blink, it means I've DRS activated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. XTRMNTR2K

Wait - so the telemetry data is actually available from the sim, but the app is merely lacking the option to add the corresponding widget? Sounds like a (somewhat) easy fix if we let the stryder-it know about it... He's been very responsive to user input in the past, although I don't know if he's preoccupied with other projects these days.

18. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I made a dashboard for AMS2 that includes all the features but above all usable with all AMS2 cars.
    The Dash board is called "AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Dash" works for the DashPanel app available for all STEAM, iOS, Android. Here homepage. I have inserted all the functions of the shared memory V.12, ERS Mode, DRS LED etc.

19. XTRMNTR2K

Today, my friends, some underrated GT cars and one particularly underrated Prototype get some serious love. Let's start with the GTs, shall we?

Some call them beamers, some say bimmers, I say they are in need for some dashboard love!

While I haven't driven them too often yet, I noticed that none of the GT BMWs in AMS2 had a proper SIM Dashboard representation yet - or at least none that satisfied my needs.

First of these is the M4 GT4, and we'll work our way up through the other GT classes from here.

BMW M4 GT4 for AMS2
    BMG_M4_GT4.jpg
    Because there was already a decent community design available, I decided to adapt and optimize this one made by LukaS^v^ even further.

Next up is the M6 GT3. Dmitry had already come up with a good layout that I decided to tweak further.

BMW M6 GT3 for AMS2
    BMW_M6_GT3.jpg
    There is one thing in the description that isn't quite true anymore; while fixing a few minor issues and adjusting the LED behavior to be closer to the car in the sim (RPM LEDs now activate as whole low/mid/high groups instead of individually) I also decided to remove the blink effect when close to maximum RPM. The car in game doesn't have this, but instead the entire LED bar color changes to the orange-yellow color used for high RPMs. At the time I am writing this, SIM Dashboard only allows for switching to custom color with blinking LEDs (though a delay of up to 1.5 seconds is possible) or no custom color at all. I thought it would be closer to the real thing to use the default colors and forego the blinking effect instead.

The next one was done completely from scratch. My goal here was to use only the built-in graphics and elements of the app, and not use any custom graphics at all. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I am fairly happy with the result:

BMW M8 GTE for AMS2
    BMW_M8_GTE.jpg
    As with the other designs, I adjusted the RPM LED bar to be as close to the car in the sim as possible, so the minimum and maximum RPMs should be within the range of less than one percent of the sim!

While I am not sure what the LEDs on the left actually do in the real car, I decided to make use of them as Pit Limiter indicator lights, that keep flashing in a yellow-orange color while the limiter is active (on top of having a limiter popup on the screen, if memory serves right).

Overall I am quite happy with how this one turned out!

Last but not least we have a prototype that is criminally underrated. Despite the name it is still "only" a P2 class entry in the sim, but I hope we get the proper P1 entry as well in the future!

Sigma P1 for AMS2
    Sigma_P1.jpg
    First off - please disregard the weird bright spots on the background pattern. This appears to be a compression artifact of the preview image, and I assure you they are not visible in the app.

The Sigma P1 was a real challenge for me. On one hand I wanted to stick to the in-game design as closely as possible. On the other hand, this would have been next to impossible thanks to its instrumentation being spread out through the cockpit, consisting of three different displays: The main unit, a FuelTech FT600 unit, a smaller FuelTech screen attached to it that's only used to display the remaining fuel load, and a small display to the right side of the driver that shows the current lap time (as well as one numerical value I have not been able to figure out, I think it's inactive in the sim right now).

It was obvious from the start that the FT600 should take up most of the space for this design, but I also really wanted to include the smaller fuel display because of its iconic and striking red letters.
    Due to limited space I decided to have it overlap a little bit, which happened to fit nicely with the layout of the main screen. Ultimately the FT600 only needed to be offset slightly to the left, without compromising on its functionality or readability.

The overall look is as close to the in-sim display as I could manage, and functionally has been expanded slightly. Some of the functions we see in the cockpit aren't actually active in AMS2 (yet?), so I decided to add some useful information such as Delta to PB, Brake Bias and Water/Oil Pressure, while also including the current lap time from the omitted right-hand screen.

All in all I am pleased with the result and I hope my fellow SIM Dashboard users will give it a try the next time they take the Sigma P1 for a spin!

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. XTRMNTR2K

Another day, another dashboard design! :D

While taking the various Genetta GTs for a spin - I couldn't even remember the last time I drove them in AMS2 - I noticed that some of the G55 variants didn't have an authentic representation of their dashboards in SIM Dashboard yet.

Naturally, I decided to take matters in my own hands. For this, I used the wonderful G58 dashboard that Michael Labajos made as base, as it was already pretty close to the design of the Ginetta G55 Supercup.

Ginetta G55 Supercup for AMS2
    ginetta_G55_supercup.jpg

Now this may not look like it, but figuring out how to do certain things actually took a fair amount of trial and error. For instance, the in-game display of the G55 Supercup doesn't use a traditional RPM needle but a blue bar that fills the radial display. As far as I am aware, SIM Dashboard doesn't officially support this type of RPM gauge yet, so I improvised by creating a needle that (somewhat) resembles the bar of the original. Maybe there is a way to sort of fake this functionality through the use of some clever tricks, but I haven't pursued that avenue yet.

Either way, the Display is otherwise functionally pretty much identical to the display of the G55 Supercup as it is in AMS2 - including the display lighting up when the headlights are turned on!
    (You may not have noticed this before, since the in-game effect of this is very subtle.)

By the way, the G55 Supercup is one of the AMS2 cars to feature a multi-page LCD display, so I may revisit this design at a later time and add additional pages as their own designs so they can be flipped between (ideally using keyboard shortcuts, which SIM Dashboard also supports in case you didn't know).

I'm not sure when I get around to this, but the next cars I am going to tackle are most likely going to be the G55 GT3 and Formula USA Gen.1. Let me know if there are any others you think need some attention! :)

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1