A wired way to deploy vrperkit on AMS2 for Steamvr

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mlsxld, Apr 10, 2022.

1. mlsxld

mlsxld New Member

The Foveated Rendering by Vrperfkit (GitHub - fholger/vrperfkit: VR Performance Toolkit) provides huge performance boost in other Sim like AC and ACC, but the ancient openvr version used by AMS2 makes it invalid.

Occasionally, I found a way to deploy vrperfkit on AMS2, which provides around 20% performance boost on my pimax 8KX and 3080ti combination, Gpu load drop from 95% to 73% in similar situation. The key of the magic is LibOVRRT64_1.dll, LibOVRRT32_1.dll and the openvr fsr mod modified by NuScorpii, the first two files actually are used for 8KX Oculus simulation mode, I'm not a professional coder cant find out how it work, but it dose work.
    You can get files here(
    ), just copy all the things into root folder of AMS2, then edit vrperfkit.yml to adjust your configuration.

Please notice ,the Foveated Rendering is still not perfect for AMS2, as unknow reasons 2D mesh (2D trees) in the low resoulution area occasionally disappear, the same issue happens on Foveated Rendering mode provided by Pimax, it seems some kind of incompatible textures casues the issue. Someone raised the same issue on Github, but no reply for now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure you are loading vrperfkit? Please see if your vrperfkit.log output this line:
    Game is submitting D3D11 textures, creating necessary output resources... And is not deleting the hooks before this happens. I can't see any rendering info output, only the dll loading.

If you seen any performance boost is because maybe vrperfkit forces a lower res or because what is loading is the old fsr mod by NuScorpii.

3. mlsxld

mlsxld New Member

It really works, I can definitely notice the low resolution area around and the cas sharpening, through I have already turn off any option in the old fsr mod in SteamVR circumstance.
    The only thing I am not sure is whether it a exception for Pimax Headset, I cant verify it on other Headset like index or WMR devices.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Arigato!!! Yep, I didn't see the disabled config for the fsr. It works perfectly with VirtualDesktop (quest 2).

Wired mode (oculus link) Vrperfkit runs perfect with Oculus mode.

5. mlsxld

mlsxld New Member

The author of Vrperfkit said it supports oculus originally (except simulation oculus mode by pimax), so Quest 2 with VD is not supported either for AMS2? No matter what, glad to hear your good news.

6. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I'm about test vrperfkit with virtual desktop later today.
    The normal approach doesn't work, so I'm gonna try the one you tested hehe.