1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart so, this is what I managed to file for the DDs without worsening the performance on the low and I think also med end bases ... as you can see the values are practically similar to yours with only little differences (on the right there are your values when not applied) or because they create noise or flatness, or because practically ridiculous for differents and therefore like it regardless ... ;)

If you try it you should have pleasant sensations and if you so this we are very close to a shell or a single base for everyone, to be optimized only on some voice or effect as desired ...

File "4W. Grip & Stretch" V2 WIP ... I hope in some judgment (seasoned with sensations or analysis) from DD users to confirm whether or not the file is pleasant

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I will test it tomorrow with pleasure.:) It's a challenge to create a custom file for everyone. Of course, I've tuned mine extremely to the dd1, but now I still have your custom file, which is also fantastic. And of course all different bases can now be operated with your custom. Great Stakanov:D

3. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Hey @Danielkart which specific settings are you using on the DD1 (Fanatec settings), and in-game? Would love to try to match what you have 1-1 as I test it :)
    Thank you!

4. Danielkart

Good evening Tiago
    On page 241 I posted my file. The in-game and fanatec settings are described in the custom file at the beginning. I hope it helps you
    Best regards:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Thank you! Last question - do you have the torque key on?

6. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Surely it’s illegal to buy a DD1 and not have the torque key on - lol. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Danielkart

yes sure thiago

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danielkart

I tested the new custom file and got a lot of new impressions and insights. I'll write something about it later, it will be longer ;)

9. Stakanov

I can only thank you in advance whatever your impressions are ;) ... to simplify obviously we deal with structural things, the slightest differences and/or small changes in the effects that are personal are irrelevant ... I'm curious :) I'll be back from work in the late afternoon ... see you later.
    Good day everyone.

10. Danielkart

Tested with the new 2019 Formula Ultimate at Road America. The hardness and heaviness of the steering has improved a lot, it could be reduced a bit. But the big problem is the extreme swinging of the wheel. This is almost impassable for me. I drove the original and then with the values for dd on the right as you wrote to Stakanov. I would have to change a lot in the file to make it work for my dd1. But that's not the goal of making it good for all users. I think it's great up to about 8Nm, but after that it gets more and more difficult. The power of the base plays a very important role. If I reduce my power to 6Nm (your base) everything is perfect. But as I increase this power, it becomes more and more uncomfortable. So my thinking is the other way around. If it's good for big forces, it should be good for smaller ones too. Your file is awesome to the point of big powers. My file I have the same fantastic feeling with large and small powers. The only thing I have to do is reduce power_steering_angle from 0.4 to 0.1 or 0.15 for bases up to about 8Nm. I don't really care whether the file is from Stakanov, Karsten, kuku or me. Or if my name is mentioned in this file, I don't care. I want many people to enjoy this excellent ffb, there are always many people involved. Stakanov, maybe you can find a way to make it fit for all bases. Or anyone out there with DD bases, bring us your ideas and suggestions
    many greetings to all:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Stakanov

I have no problem to reduce the power_steering angle from 0.4 to 0.1-0.15 and rebalance the file ... if remaning only your necessary of disable yaw, relax os and other little value... is a good step foward ... you want that i try??

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Danielkart

yeah sure stakanov that would be great.:) I'm just passing on my feeling that I don't have this extreme swinging with my custom. It's really extreme and almost impossible to drive. Unfortunately there is no feedback from other dd users:(

13. Stakanov

Only one question ... how the damping influence this situation?? How set the damping slider in game?? Karsten use if i don't mistake 0.25 ... but even if your value is 0 ... what happens on your base if you had to raise it a little bit up to a maximum of 25 ??

14. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Hi!
    I´m on currently on vacation, will test with my DD1 when I get back :)
    Did some testing a few days ago with Karsten´s latest file, as well as Stakanov´s and your files before you started the latest round of tweaking. At that point I preferred Karsten´s file, but I´m looking forward to test your improvements later on.
    By the way, what do you mean by ´swinging´? I speak a little German, so feel free to describe the swinging feeling in German if you want :)

15. Stakanov

Thanks @torsteinvh for this info, but if you prefer karsten's file on Fanatec DD1 (which I also share on the low end) using the basic settings (or just slight personal changes) it means that, these oscillations that Daniel lives to the point of upsetting the files, you don't have??

@Danielkart sure there is no other way to stabilize your DD1 steering wheel??

Because if there is a way for the basic settings to work everything would be easier .... and the solution was already in front of our eyes ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

If "Swinging" equals Oscillation, then some Damping should solve that. DD-wheels should have plenty of Dynamic range to provide both, superb detail with total oscillation control through Damping and/or Friction, imo.

Zero damping / zero friction with dd-wheels will likely produce oscillation, no matter the title. "Overshoot" is an inherent characteristic of the ffb servo system, not necessarily a flaw in the game ffb. Exceptions may exist due to generous amounts of Gyro / Damping applied to the game ffb signal but, those can usually be controlled one way or another (ffb preset / ffb mode / manual profile editing / use of direct to servo effects).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  17. Stakanov

Not only do I share this information from you DD users but it is very useful ... because I also like karsten's original base and my file (even if it seems modified on many things) is not very different from the original and I share it (except a couple of voices) settings and code ... would seem to really like the mid-low range ... in the DD-High range some like it to others it feels heavy along the fast corners ... I think I managed to reach the goal of this aspect and thanks to Daniel for help me ... but if I can recover even the strange sensations of Daniel without further upsetting the file I would be happier ... I don't have the presumption of making a universal file for everyone but I like to play with the FFB trying to reach the goal ... we wait for Daniel to clarify better this "swinging effect" as soon as he can answer....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

I mean the oscillating or extreme back and forth movement of the wheel;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danielkart

Unfortunately, when I take Stakanov's Custom, I have this extreme oscillation from about 8Nm. If I take karstens custom I have to be a bodybuilder as well. It gets so brutally heavy and hard with a dd1. Other people with a dd1 also confirm this to me. I don't like the damping in the game because it also takes away ffb from me. And in addition, the damping also increases the oscillation, just like the lfb in the game. That's why I always stayed with the 5.01 original, everything after that made it even stronger or worse. Maybe it's a problem with dd1 and dd2 bases, I don't know. But I know that with the 5.01 original and certain adjustments I have a ffb feeling like god in heaven:D

20. Danielkart

I would be very grateful if a dd1 or dd2 user could bring me a solution:)