1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Quick 1 - do you still have to restart the game between edits to the cusom files to have them reloaded?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

(Son)
    Mr. @Danielkart is all ok i test again with the advice of @newtonpg (low LFB 05 and DP 25), the file is wonderfull … i think for the temperature that you can try to press the accelerator less because if it does 6 laps at the most it is normal to warm up or damage the tires, and Mr. @Kuku Maddog is right they have been update recently maybe they are still to be adjusted but are ok, this game is beatifull!!! :)

Today my father will finish the test on his DD1 and it will be a pleasure to give 2 second for lap with my T300!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, it may be that Reiza has changed, I don't know. I just have the feeling that something is wrong in the 4x4. Maybe it's also due to the extreme oscillation of the custom file for dd. I hope Stakanov can fix it, otherwise I will clearly stick with my front and rear wheel Custom. Sure, there are people who don't care if the wheel oscillates. In the end, it is a matter of taste and everyone should set it as he thinks it is good. In this sense, beautiful Easter for all:)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Danielkart

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Manolo

Manolo Member

@Danielkart who are you to talk or joke with me? Who mentioned you in my lines? Who has ever argued with you to be quoted by a stupid joke of mine?
    Disturbing things, you that coming back with a hammer, perhaps infinite, probable, non-existent errors, wrong codes, never heard so much bull**** at once in my life, but why all this? o_O
    Because has someone proposed to you to make a correction in the code that you have not yet done?? And you continuing to propose wrong files to people?? Even if it works and you don't feel the breakage is right??

Correct these lines instead of scrambling ... and don't mention people who have never talked to you!!!
    (grip_feel_rear (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_rl rel_weight_RL) (* grip_rr rel_weight_RR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_RL rel_weight_RR)))))
    (grip_feel_front (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_fl rel_weight_FL) (* grip_fr rel_weight_FR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_FL rel_weight_FR)))))

In your file you dont have calculated this rel_weight_RL and rel_weight_RR ..:(

And anyway, there is no fool here to make fun of ... and then in the end in this your last file he deleted all the Yaw from the Momentum Rack, so whoever told or advice you something was also right ... :D

#(yaw_l (* (/ wanted_sa_l (* ratio_scale 3.14)) kmh -1 (+ yaw_scale (* FL_stretch yaw_stretch_front) (* RL_stretch yaw_stretch_rear)) 0.05 grip_fl grip_feel_rear))
    #(yaw_r (* (/ wanted_sa_r (* ratio_scale 3.14)) kmh -1 (+ yaw_scale (* FR_stretch yaw_stretch_front) (* RR_stretch yaw_stretch_rear)) 0.05 grip_fr grip_feel_rear))
    #
    (yaw_l (* yaw_l rel_weight_relaxed_FL))
    #(yaw_r (* yaw_r rel_weight_relaxed_FR))
    #(yaw_l (blend (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- (abs yaw_l) relax_yaw_pos) relax_yaw_width) 0.5))))) (* (if (min 0 yaw_l) -1 1) (+ relax_yaw_line2_start_y (* (abs yaw_l) (- 1 relax_yaw_line2_start_y)))) (power yaw_l (power (abs yaw_l) relax_yaw_coef))))
    #(yaw_r (blend (/ 1 (+ 1 (power e (* 7 (- (/ (- (abs yaw_r) relax_yaw_pos) relax_yaw_width) 0.5))))) (* (if (min 0 yaw_r) -1 1) (+ relax_yaw_line2_start_y (* (abs yaw_r) (- 1 relax_yaw_line2_start_y)))) (power yaw_r (power (abs yaw_r) relax_yaw_coef))))

#(rack_effect (+ yaw_l yaw_r))
    (rack_effect (blend 0.5 rack_effect (lfb rack_effect 0.175)))

And here without yaw l_r how you calculate the rack_effect in the second line above???:(

Mr. @Danielkart stop it and follow the advice they gave you that is to lower the GAIN a little and that life is beautiful!!! I remember the times gone by when you yourself thought much more ... :D

immagine_2022-04-15_141545076.png

He should just say thank you for advise, for correction and for all in this forum.
    Remember to take the pills or the meds!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  6. Danielkart

Haha what kind of a ....... are you? I would estimate your age between 8-13 years old. Go play with people your age again:p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys calm down! This is a thread about Custom FFB Profiles and not debating your mental age (or getting emotionally involved into unhealthy levels). Thanks! :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Manolo

Manolo Member

I am kind of a .......and as you can see, we agree even if I was 1 year old, so the speech is closed and you don't intoxicate the forum and you don't quote me ... sorry guys on forum for me is closed!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick 1 = yes re-start to enable custom FFB edits.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Rob Davies

*** EDIT - added my current preffered DD file tune for ref: close to @Kuku Maddog 's one ***

Blimey - just had a couple of hours playing with all the latest custom FFB variants and it's a minefield :)

As a DD1 user (50/10/30/0)... there are good parts to each of them... but too much to describe in detail here and I'm conscious there's a lot going on in each of them. Quick notes (please, no offence meant in any of my crass comments) - hoping they can all come together into one that suits many, apprecaiting everyone will adapt to taste.

- 5.0.1.4 - Grip & Stretch Mod - feels overall best balance of effects and rack - although I'd lower kerbs and slip rumble (wheel spin at start rattles my DD1 to bits). I life the tyre grip feel here.... although it feels a little 'rubber' like compared to Daniel's (more on this later).
    - Karsten's latest - not far off, just like the grip and stretch better.
    - Daniel (from P217) - this for me has the best 'rack feel' of tyres on the edge - and the only file I've tried where it feels natural when the wheel/tyres fight you back when being pushed beyond their limits. Others either feel like artificially rubbery or don't have this pushback, meaning it's easy to add more wheel input without more tyre-force... which personally feels wrong to me...

There's 2 things I noticed vs. 4.6DX2 tunes:

1) The crossover point - in 4.6 I felt it was 'tight' - no lag/delay and the instant the yaw/under/oversteer balance changed I felt it - later files have changed this and in 'some' - it feels like a 'lag' before you correct, causing an overcorrection (almost like you feel the body-roll rather than the yaw) - Daniel's file had this until last edits - I posted the 4.6 crossover values in and it's better for me.

2) With all the above, I still feel the 'relax' when oversteering is too much.... I feel like I've got 80% of the forces on the tyre load going into the corner then if I overcook it, or power-on too hard on exit, oversteer occurs and the wheel forces drop to like 20%.... which feels much to much of a reduction..... so 30% less maybe would feel more like it.

Hope this is somehwat helpful.... appreciate all the continued efforts guys and THANK YOU.

Kukumaddog - you usually land in the right place with DD tunes - so eagerly awaiting your next variant ;)

Happy easter folks and stay safe!

FYI - here's my Game/Wheel settings

In-game:
    - Gain 50
    - LFB 10
    - FX - 30
    - Dampening 0

on DD1:
    - FFB 100 (Gain)
    - Linearity: OFF
    - Natural Damper (NDP) : OFF
    - Natural Friction (NFR): OFF
    - Natural Inertia (NIN): OFF
    - Interpolation: OFF
    - Intensity: 100
    - Force effect: 100
    - Spring effect: 100
    - Damper effect: 100
    - Brake Level Indicator: OFF
    - Shock: 100

Rob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  11. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

As a fellow DD1 user, may I ask what your Fanatec driver/Fanalab setting are?
    And do you have any oscillations when letting go of the wheel?

12. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey @Rob Davies thanks a lot for the info very usful ... I changed something in the code as a result of what had emerged and I fixed some others ... I will publish a file soon, and i also hoping that it does not slip into useless discussions .. I would be happy if you (and the others) tried it even quickly ... thanks still regardless.
    Happy Easter to all

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Rob Davies

Hey Torstein - sure, I've added them to my post above for others in addition to my current preferred file... and below for you

In-game:
    - Gain 50
    - LFB 10
    - FX - 30
    - Dampening 0

on DD1:
    - FFB 100 (Gain)
    - Linearity: OFF
    - Natural Damper (NDP) : OFF
    - Natural Friction (NFR): OFF
    - Natural Inertia (NIN): OFF
    - Interpolation: OFF
    - Intensity: 100
    - Force effect: 100
    - Spring effect: 100
    - Damper effect: 100
    - Brake Level Indicator: OFF
    - Shock: 100

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Rob Davies

More than happy to help - I feel we're getting closer and closer but clearly there's a real gap beteen tunes for Belt/DD wheels. Just wish you didn't have to restart the game inbetween changes :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Stakanov

The file has become a definitive V2 so its name is: "4W. Grip & Stretch V2.0" (WITH YAW)
    These are the different characteristics than before in the version 1.0 WIP 2 (which I am attaching also here for a quick comparison):
    - New bump & brake feel based on car weight (without the function max);
    - Disabled the power_steering_df calculated with power_stering now the max df value of df is fixed as in 5.0.1/5.0.1.4 Karsten's original file;
    - Entered two dt values, one for the road and effects and one only for the delta_sa (delta_sa_max, sa_delta_rack and sa_delta_l&r).
    - Cancellation of the two functions grip_feel_front and grip_feel_rear. Files FFB that have the grip variable on all 4 wheels stretch (grip_fl/fr and grip_rl/rr) do not need it.
    - Remodeling of the lines of code that contained the cancelled functions of grip_feel_front and rear (yaw and steer_poll). The Yaw is now free from weight functions as in Karsten's original file but with grip_rl/rr and without the grip_feel_rear.

Hope you like it, Good evening
    --------------------------------
    As you can guess from the name there is also a completely non-yaw version ... just delete the 6 variables of the yaw completely in the upper part of the file and also completely delete all the relative code of Yaw in the momentum rack ... I attach it but personally I think that a minimum of Yaw must remain ... maybe are interested also for testing with DD then I am attaching it!!
    Note for @Rob Davies I lowered the kerbs a little bit but on the LowEnd they don't feel much set as you like them, regarding the slip at the start I think it's not the effect but the value of the resistances on the wheels, you can easily set it by entering the values indicated in the file as Alternatives or for DDs (that are Daniels value), the same thing you can try on all other items where there is an alternative.
    EDIT: To better feel the curb effect it is recommended to set the smooth lower to 0
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.000) ----> now set to 0.04

• Like Like x 10
  16. Rob Davies

Thank you - will give them a shot.

The more I think about it (especially after just driving my car just now), the more I think that the force/resistance needs to increase past the slip point rather than be constant - more steering input must cause more tyre scrub/tear etc… that’s the main improvement I see in Daniel’s file the feels more realistic and easier to feel the edge and beyond.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

I like a lot this last version V2.0 NO YAW for my DD1, i are undecided if is the best Your Daniel or Karsten version, all are different for some things and similar for others but all very beautifull!!!
    I still have to get used to it and understand better the file. Congratulation to all of you and thanks a lot for this!!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Stakanov

Thanks for the feedback AntoAntoDD, my aim is not to overcome the tunes of DD owners or to make better files (each of you will then specialize the file as you think), my aim is to get as close as possible to their logic without losing the detail on the medium and low range (which I am).
    Doing this means finding the code forms that work on all steering wheels regardless of the one used and deleting those code forms instead that work well on a type of steering wheel but not on other.
    The tunes, on the other hand, are normal to be different and above all personal and subjective. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rob Davies

Ok just started...> THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS IN THE FILE :) Helps a Noob like me play....

I think what I'm trying to remove 1st on the DD is the feeling that as I turn the wheel more, there's a rubber-band that gets tigher..... which overpowers the extra forces that are added from tyre grip.... a it feels the tyres are there, but masked by this 'artificial' band feeling.

I've just turned tighten_range and falloff to 0 as you recommended for DD and it helps for sure... I'll keep going, but any further advice welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Stakanov

Yes @Rob Davies all is in the file ... you can modify all at your pleasure or you can set it witch Daniel, Kuku, Karsten or My original values ... or you can copy the values from your favorite file who was always the best for you ... the file version without the yaw is the one that should be more suitable for your DD but the rest is identical between the two files. ;)