1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wi-Fi disconnects

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ron Watmore, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The unfortunate thing is this is an issue i never heard of, in regard to updating a simple leaderboard.

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m sure it’s only happened since the last couple of big updates, it’s not been every time I play, but it’s still the only game that’s causing problem, I run pc2 all the time using Same protocols except with udp active and never an issue. would enabled shared memory help ?

3. dougdude

dougdude New Member

@Kuku Maddog ... did you ever get this figured out? I have the same problem. Admittedly, I do have UDP on and haven't had a chance to try it with it off yet so I'm hopeful in my case that would be the cause. My symptoms are the exact same as yours. AMS2 is the only game where this happens and it only happens once in a session/track. My wireless devices will drop completely... Nest doorbell, some chromecasts, google homes, etc. ... anything wireless.

Anyway, curious if you ever figure it out.

On a side note, I might be reaching out to you about the custom force feedback as I'm finally getting back into this sim. I use a T300 and I know at one time you were a big contributor with the silver raw custom files. Looking forward to getting back into it... hopefully without other devices in my house dropping off wifi lol!

Thanks,
    Doug

4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

wow that was along time ago dude :eek:

since then I’ve got new fibre broadband, new modem, and new computer.
    So no issues at all now, but from memory I was able to solve it by changing modem to an alternative I had which had better settings that I could control the priority’s etc, as well as making sure the internet adapter in the system was optimised for qos etc, and also running Udp settings higher.

All my old custom files are a bit out of date, but I’m working on one now that will be up to date, though it’s being derived with a DD, not a t300 these days.