1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. WonderTomee

WonderTomee New Member

Hey Everyone.

Me and my friends wanted to play a Co-Op season with custom liveries and Custom AI. Everything went well, until the AI kept picking the cars we used in the session, no matter if the AI class thing was on "Identical", "Same Class" or "Multi-Class".. Here is a clean screenshot of it from a single player session (Ignore that De La Rosa and Sutil doesn't have a skin yet, they are added to the XML File already): upload_2022-4-27_14-37-42.png

I tried an idea from here which says delete myself/my car from the XML but it keeps doing the same thing :/ any guesses how can we solve this issue?

UPDATE: I found out that the game drops out a random driver from the grid to give me the space.
    So out of the 20 Driver, 1 always leaves (or 2 or 3 or 4 as many player joins) and it's not from the same car but completely random.
    So is there any option to fix that or force them to leave with the picked livery?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

You’re at an airport—what did you expect?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Couldnt find where you raised the report. Could you please give some example file of the issue so I can check?

• Like Like x 1
  4. gian

There is a bug where in champ mode it wont exclude the AI with the livery the player picked. In single race it would work.

As a workaround for now if you want a champ with 20 drivers (including you), delete the AI from the xml with the livery you will pick, so that there will be only 19 AI drivers in the xml, that should work.

Edit: or, what you mean with "or 2 or 3 or 4 as many player joins"?

5. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi gian, the report and my extra note on it is here. My F-USA_Gen1 custom AI file, which demonstrates the issue can be found here - but let me know if you need anything else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. WonderTomee

WonderTomee New Member

Me and my mates want to play online with it, but it seems like it works just like in Single Race mode(?) due the AIs got generated the same way.. We wanted it as some kind of co-op.. Any ideas if i can fix the way the AI fill the grid?

PS: The screenshot is from Single Race

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  7. WonderTomee

WonderTomee New Member

So i just realized that, something is missing from the system of the whole custom AI thing. There isn't any fixture for the game "not to pick the car that Player chose", so it keeps picking that exact car aswell as the player. That's why it can duplicate names/cars and it becomes unusable. Any ideas how it can be solved? (Doesn't work in Single Race, Online or Championship mode either)

8. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

You have to create a file (or files, if multiclass) with the exact number of AIs you want to race against. Make sure that the livery you will select is not in the file. Then select ther class or classes of your files and the exact number of opponents present in the files. The race will be populated only with the cars/ liveries/ drivers in the files (which excludes the car/ livery of your choice). I don't use the championship or MP modes, but this always works in single race

9. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Lol, ok you got me.

Actually your comment made me realize I posted it in the wrong place, sorry. fixed now, thanks.

10. WonderTomee

WonderTomee New Member

Yeah i tried that due someone said the same about the XML.. the thing is it only works in Single Race (not all the time though) and in Online or Championship mode there is another driver with MY or with MY FRIENDS car even though they aren't in the XML

This is how it looks like IF we remove ourselves from the Custom AI XML and load the lobby in.. Nothing changed + 0 flags out there [​IMG] [​IMG]

So online Custom AI can't even work no matter what we do or is there any other way (same question for AI picking the same car as us)?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  11. gian

This has been fixed for a upcoming 1.3.6.0 build. thanks for reporting

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gian

For now this feature is disabled in multiplayer mode, i forgot to add a note in the first post.

13. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent - thank you! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

@gian Is AI overtaking logic specifically something being improved upon in the next update?
    I have to say I didn't have time to try the new mistake values though, so not sure how much that alone has helped already.

15. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

@Harry H I just tried creating a GT1 AI file with your creation tool and since I use custom liveries I inserted new rows, copied the GT1.xml into all of them and put in the livery names, driver values and names and it doesn't pull the data to create the xml anymore. Just overwriting the existing livery names with the new ones works fine however, so there seems to be an issue when inserting new rows.

16. Maurinapoli

Maurinapoli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the latest ai mistake logic applied to the default cars?

Example the 2022 stock car drivers

17. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

@gian In 1.3.6.0 the game doesn't seem to prefer using custom AI drivers over normal AI ones in some cases. I have a total of 21 custom AI drivers for GT1, 7 per car. When I start a race and set the opponents to "identical" and 7 AI cars in the Porsche GT1, I always get all 7 of my custom AI drivers.
    However for the CLK LM I seem to be getting a random mix of custom drivers and standard drivers. I also don't always get the same custom drivers.
    The same applies when I start a race with 21 opponents and select same class, I then get a random mix of custom and standard drivers including some random Porsche drivers. I also don't get 7 opponents per car, it seems to be random as well.

Don't know if this was the case in the 1.3.5.X versions as well as I didn't have time to try these.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  18. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Brix92, if there are random AI drivers appearing it suggests that there's something wrong with the custom AI file. If the Porsches are working correctly but the CLKs are not there may be a spelling error in one of the CLK livery_names. Mine are working fine so check your own and if you can't see a problem upload your xml file and I'll take a look.

19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

No, the Porsches are only working fine when I have 7 AI cars and same car, when I have 21 AI cars and same class they don't work correctly either.
    Also the custom AI cars that appear are not the same every time, seems completely random which ones appear and which don't.

20. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The spreadsheet's column A is hidden. It contains the formula needed to generate the .xml. Open it up and copy any existing A cell, then "paste special - formula only" into the A cells of all the new rows you created. That should work.

• Like Like x 1