Some notes and feedback on improving cockpit interiors of tintops

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rmagid1010, May 2, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi forum members! I found this video of Kevin Estre describing and explaining the interior of the 911 RSR very interesting. This is one of my favourite cars to drive in AMS2 (and well worth the price of the dlc for the sound alone!), and its great to see one of its real world drivers describe its interior in great detail:

I was thinking about how Reiza could improve the 911 RSR and other tintops further (now that the physics are excellent as per 1.3.6), and the cockpit interiors are an obvious place to look at. This is apparent when you race these GTE cars at night, as their is no interior lighting at all (apart from the dashes). I made this graph to show the missing feature sets which would complete the interior: [​IMG]

I hope that one day Reiza can take the time to try to bring some of these in. No hurry though, I will always take physics improvements over any aesthetic changes!

What do you guys think though, would you prefer improvements to older content if it took away time from creating new content?

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rmagid1010

Porsche Cup seems very authentic though (idk if its a microphone thing that the sound is different to in-game, or whether the transmission whine is lower than it ought to be in ams2). Note the pit limiter lights at 0:43, it is one light when activated, and 2 lights when at the speed limit.

Edit: I think the rev lights are different colours in ams2 compared to irl, and the lights in ams2 look physically smaller.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. rmagid1010

I guess in the 720s GT3, the font of the dash could be changed and more data be added to it. The lights aren't backlit on the centre console, and there are no safety nets either side of the driver in ams2 (very important irl, might block view in sim racing though)

Also do would you guys like to have RaceLogics on every GT car like in ACC? I know Reiza added a RaceLogic dash to the BMW M6 GT3 model from PC2, so I guess they could do it for all the cars (even if all the cars display lap time on the dash, so the racelogic wouldn't be useful)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rmagid1010

In the first video, the centre console is backlit whilst it isn't in AMS2 or the second video. I guess the lights turn on when the headlights are on, like what we already have with the 911 GT3R in-game. I don't know what the red and blue lights are (maybe someone here knows?) but a yellow light above the red one flashes when the pit limiter is on:

Note also that to go into neutral, the driver moves the gear lever instead of pressing an 'N' button like many over race cars have. They also move the gear lever neutral into either reverse or into sequential mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I've been hoping for that, as well as a Lumirank unit to display flags to driver and number/driver initials outside. Of course, customizable livery numbers and full flag rules would make it even better but that's another topic :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't know if most of players realized it, but the Porsche Cup and GT3 cars in AMS2 are not the same models as in these videos or other simulators. Reiza modeled cars from specific years. Brazilian GT3 (and GT4) races with Império Brasil Endurance (alongside with the P1-4 classes) and the teams in this league uses older cars (usually two to five YO). Even the Porsche Cup don't run the last year 911 and the seasons that Reiza used as base for any of these categories are not the most recently ( I believe that the Império Brasil cars are the 2018 or 2017 season).

And, also, have the issue that these cars in Brazil are modified in different levels to keep with local logistics. So don't go to biblical about details that look like different from videos and other sims... even the drivability can differ. But I agree about non-working details (as lights and instruments that are modeled in AMS2).

PS: It's Reiza's fault to don't give ingame info about the cars simulated. A simple text, Polyphony like, wouldn't be a difficult thing to implement.

• Like Like x 2