1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have ONE livery_name spelled incorrectly the whole class will be made up of random and custom drivers. There's most likely a spelling error in one of the CLKs in your XML file.

I've attached one that works.

Attached Files:

• GT1.xml
      File size:
      1.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Is it possible to add AI mandatory pit stop lap ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Thanks for your effort, I should have also mentioned I am using custom liveries.
    Will have to double check everything again to see if there is an error hidden somewhere.

4. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes its applied to all cars by default (except karts), even if you dont override the mistake parameters. The value for default drivers of the mistake params is currently in between 0.4 and 0.7.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've done them for every class/series. Are you having difficulty getting one to work?

7. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a WIP file - collaborating with gringohairpiece to add it to the skinpack in due course :)
    m1.JPG

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@jusk Just an FYI, but #1 'Frank Styner' is spelt incorrectly. Surname should be 'Sytner'. A lot of websites have his surname wrong.:)

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you! - will amend :)

(someone needs to go update the 1979 BMW M1 Procar Championship page on wikipedia o_O)

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. David Roehrich

David Roehrich New Member

So Nice! Do I have to input driver names or is there a way to use the default names that the game assigns?

11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok sorry if this has already been asked, but my first time in here, thankyou to anyone that can help.

So, the reason im in here is because some of the car class'es are super slow in the wet compared to their dry driving (especially in the release candidate as the tire physics have changed again, but I guess the A.I. have not been calibrated for that yet.

The best dry and wet behaviour is now with the F3's, I'm about as fast in the wet with them as I am with them in the dry. This was similar for the GT3's until the release candidate as now im fine with them in the dry but when it gets wet now their skill level drops and I can just zoom past them, so what I want is for them to be more like the F3's (only in tersm of wet skill level, nothing else).

So what I thought I could do is find andopen the original talent file for the F3's so I can see what they are set to, and just copy over the wet skill level to the other class'es, but I cannot find any XML talent files within the game files. Does anyone know where to find the games stock A.I. talent files. Again, thanks for any help!

12. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. im not using any custom liveries or anything like that, just wanna edit wet skill. Ta!

13. Tarmac Terrorist

P.P.S. I should probably mention that I have no experience with XML files, but i know they can be editied with a text editor like notepad, however i've no idea how to create one from scratch

14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

AFAIK the values for the standard drivers are not saved anywhere locally.

What you could do is just use the AI generator @Harry H posted here, add in the drivers and adjust the wet skill to your liking, as any value you don't specify will be picked from the original AI drivers value (as explained in the first post of this thread). You won't even need to edit any xml files.

15. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

you have to input names and then generate the .xml file

16. Harry H

The default in-game AI values are hard coded. You could create a small custom GT3 grid with custom names and experiment with the wet skill level values to see if you can get a match to your pace. For all the other parameters you'd need to enter 'out of range' numbers e.g. 1.1, before you generate the custom .xml file. That would ensure the AI uses the default parameters for everything else but the wet skill.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Harry H

I put together a set of 10 AI for you to test: download and copy this .xml file into your AMS2 user data/custom AI folder. In game, set up your race for 10 identical opponents and choose McLaren #94 for yourself. The AI have wet weather skills ranging from 1.0 to .01. All other parameters should be default. See which AI you end up racing closest with in the wet.

Attached Files:

• GT3.xml
      File size:
      7.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Mate thankyou so much! I will endeavour to try this out asap! Got a busy couple of days ahead but, sure I'll be able to find and hour here and there to have a go, and will get back to you with results, this is amazing! I can edit the wet values for all drivers based on the driver who is closest to my ability in the wet aswell, but I don't think I'll be quite up to Freds standard:D.

This is truely great stuff I can't tell you how excited I am, thankyou & Bravo mate!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Mate, gotta say, at least one of the jobs I had planned for today has'nt got done and im blaming you you brilliant fella you! Been mucking about with the file for quite a while now, edited it to work with other class'es and have made a few discoveries, you've given me alot to adjust!

Although im finding there are obviously some hard coded issues & values with certain A.I. that you just can't get round with editing, for instance the GT3's are just too damn slow now in general, obviously slower on 0.0 Race skill, but even at 1.0 its not enough. At 120 A.I. skill with no practice and default setup, you can stay infront of them at most tracks. With a decent setup and plenty of practice they'd just be useless as competition. F3's on the other hand, absoloutely great! Can get a decent race with them at 95 A.I. skill, which means theres loads of room for me to improve with practice and setups, so i've got plenty of headroom to knock that skill slider up and probably never run out of decent competition!

Thanks so much! Will get back to you after i've had more time for proper in depth testing!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Would you consider making a video on how to set-up the custom AI ? It's beyond me atm lol .

• Friendly Friendly x 1