1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Very exciting Stakanov. I've had the velocity_coef higher for a long time, so I'll definitely try to go even higher with my dd1. Thanks for the hint :) Yes, the pendulum effect was always the big problem with my file, although I got it under control pretty well. I don't like it either, it bothers me when it's too high, especially when I'm still driving with manual transmission and I need one hand to shift gears. I hope the "bouncing" of the cars will also get better with the update and the suspension . I'm very excited, but it's sure to be exciting;)

2. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

guys good morning, which setting is best suited to the Simucube 2 pro?

3. Danielkart

Hello Spyke 70! You can try Stakanov's 4W Grip+Stretch Mod 2.1 Without Yaw. Or my Danielkart version 30. Or the last custom file from Karsten Greetings:)

4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wouldn't it be much more handy to have all files in one place, ideally page 1 and then just edit and update the post?
    Someone who doesn't follow the conversation would just be wondering where to find Danielkart's v30 e.g. and you can easily overlook postings with the lastest files.
    Now as it looks like the first page was last updated in February, so if he hasn't got the time to regularly update the post, why not create a new thread, maybe by someone who's got the time?

I can imagine this has been suggested before, so sorry for suggesting it again :p but it'd make sense.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  5. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

this has been asked for many times but you get used to following the thread and catching up on all the progress that's being made is a good read.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Danielkart

Holy ****, I just drove the gt1 and formula 1 gen1. Damn it turned out well, many thanks to Reiza. It only needs a few changes with my custom. I will test a few more cars and then post version 31. PS: Stakanov I will post you my changes also for my custom;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

wow this thread is long. Is the link in the second post of this thread still the latest version?
    Is shows to have been updated feb9th?

8. Danielkart

Okay, the last one I tested was the Formula Ultimate 2019 on the Nordschleife. I almost got into my pants with joy ;) Stakanov the changes from me are: (center_full (blend(min 1.00 (*lfb_slider 12)) 0.35 0.25)) and (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.1) and (scrub_scale 2.8) and (slip_crossover_width 0.41) and (vel_rot_limit_coef 1.35) With me this coef value is better if it is lower. That's it, I hope it brings for your custom insights greetings
    Version 31

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  9. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok and what was the answer? :cool:

It'd make everything so much easier. How many times have people asked where to find file x or y? You could add 'latest versions in the opening post' to the title and literally get rid of most questions.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

New to DD wheel, but lots of console racing with a G29.
    The custom file from the front page really has a lot LESS real feel to me than default + (which actually give my arms a work out).
    Is that correct or am I missing an adjustment? feels more like my G29 used to rather than a DD wheel.

That being said, my lap time was faster by .5 second. :)

BTW: I notice a much slower throttle response with the default/Default+. I noticed this in AC as well when I go to a custom feedback setting that has a lot of drive around the middle. Not sure how this is possible

11. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

This file feels absolutely awesome on my T150. Finally found something which gives me everything. My settings are Gain 86, LFB 17, FX 34, Damping 8

• Like Like x 2
  12. Danielkart

Hey Divit! Now that surprises me . The file is actually fully matched to dd bases. I'm amazed it works with your t150 regards

• Like Like x 1
  13. DirtyStonerNL

DirtyStonerNL New Member

Hi. I’m suffering from heavy oscillation on my Simagic m10 DD with custom FFB settings. Anyone who has the same problem and know what to do about this?

14. Danielkart

they would have to be more specific. With which custom file? Or with everyone? My custom actually has very little oscillation. Of course I don't know your base, maybe it's a problem with the base settings? And reset all car setups to default because there was an update

15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry guys I had guests at home and I could not devote myself to the game ... it was pleasant but I wanted to exterminate everyone :D
    Yes @Danielkart I agree in the final version of the update the velocity and the exaggerate does not help as before and must be lowered ... I want to delete the whole folder Automobilista2 and recalibrate everything just to be sure there are no surprises ... sometimes it happened to me. ;)

16. Danielkart

Yes, that might be a good thing if they delete everything. That's why I always wait until the final version is really there. What irritates me a little that it now also fits quite well for belt bases. The final update version is certainly responsible for a little. But I think most of it is due to the changes in my slide_factor and RL_slide and RR_slide values. I was able to lower the value (vel_rot_limit_coef) in version 30 to 1.4. It could also be that this value can be lowered even further for belt bases. Anyway, I'm very happy with my custom file, the update was very good for certain cars :)Regards

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the delay, but I'm sure you will understand why ... :D:D:D

5.0.1.4.jpg

###########################################################
    Name: rFuktor 5.0.1.4 - "ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL)" MOD V. 1.0
    Mod and Tuned by Stakanov for All wheels

# ADVISES FOR LOGITECH G923/G920/G29

1) In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 95* - LFB 25 - FX 65 (+/- 10 to taste) - DP (Damping) 15.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!
    2) Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version with default value
    (900° and all sensitivity to 50)
    3) AMS2 Game Menù Setting
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 20-30
    If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 20-30

# ADVISES FOR OTHER LOW/MED GEAR/BELT WHEELS (All brands)
    1) In game try to start with your usual value or with this starting range-value:

GAIN 50-95* - LFB 00-25 - FX 30-70 - DP (Damping) 15-25.

2) Only if you dont like the standard values.... you can change the values of item with those proposed to near ("Alt./DD"), where not indicated set as desired (to taste).

# ADVISES FOR DD & HIGHEND WHEELS
    1) In game try to start with your usual value or with this starting range-value:

GAIN 30-80* - LFB 00-20 - FX 30-70 - DP (Damping) 00-15.

2) Only if you dont like the standard values and especially for "DDs" & "High Range" Wheels.... you can change the values of item with those proposed to near ("Alt./DD"), where not indicated set as desired (to taste).

The main differences from previous file version "4W Grip & Stretch" Mod V 2.1 are:
    - New Sunspension Code.
    - Improved Kerbs.

- All the "road features" are now for single wheel: textures, microbumps, largebumps & sunspensions.
    - The "effects" Scrub & Tear were already for single wheel in the previous file but now also the Flatspot is on all 4 reels;
    - "RR/RLSlide" revisited a little;
    - Other small values changed to made more compatible with a unique setup.
    - First re-tuning after last update of AMS 2 V1.3.6.1.

Always two files, one with the yaw and the other without, I always add the original of @Karsten Hvidberg for your convenience and/or to be able to compare them easily, usually the one without the yaw is more suitable for DD but it is not a mandatory choice , try them both and set them to your tastes. ;)

I hope you like :D, probably the values of the previous version can also be used in this one and the way to retune the file (with your tastes) is the same as before, but change the values of the item/objects one at a time and test on more machines, the result could be different both for the recent update and both for the new working of the MOD ... here is all ok but have pity if some small detail obviously needs improvement. ;)

Unfortunately, from tomorrow I will be missing for about a month, maybe I will return home every end or every 2 weeks, so I will not be able to easily send you other files for now ... if I can (and I really hope so), I will answer by mobile phone ... if you will use this file, very calmly and without haste, it would be nice and useful to have sent (even the private one) a copy of your files tuned to your tastes, so as soon as I come back I will quickly know what to update ... thanks to all I love you guys!!! :)

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

(Son)
    First impression @Stakanov, YAW version with T300 … i like i lot … need a little retune but the start of this v1.0 is incredible … the road is live and the moviment of suspensions and kurbs are great… thanks for this!!! :)

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Manolo

Manolo Member

+1 Yaw version, here (with the same wheel) is fantastic :), thanks for your work @Stakanov and good luck!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 Yaw version here.
    Impressive version ATMOS 1.0, perfect in all aspect, car & road.
    Thank you all at this Custom FFB project.
    Special thanks to Stakanov!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1