Force Feedback (FFB) thread (Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, OSW, etc.)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Tomy, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How can i set in MMos 1180° and use for every Car automaticly the real steering angle?
    This time, i have to set the MMos to the angle, what the car use, but that not the best way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

as far as steering angle goes, and as I understood with OSW you have to set in MMoS yourself, does not and will not happen automatically with OSW.

3. Manuel Staedel

I just found the Problem,
    i have reduce the "MaxForceAtSteeringRack=" from -3000 to -4500 and lift the FFB-Power from 40 to 60. Now i don't have andy clipping.
    Here are a german Video, what i have made:

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've found that reducing my Low Force Boost from 80% to 70% (with FFB at 100%) has helped me to catch slides. It's worth experimenting with the FFB values - this little tweak has made AMS even more enjoyable. :cool:

EDIT: After further experimentation, I have returned LFB to the recommended 80% and lowered FFB to 95%. AMS now feels excellent - I've never caught so many slides. :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  5. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You reduced Realfeel ini from -3000 to -4500 so the signal sent to the wheel wasnt clipping anymore. You could set your Wheel software to %100 and it still shouldn't clip as its just amplifying that Signal. There is however another issue to consider and that is Wheel or Hardware clipping which I don't know enough about yet.

6. spyderwash

spyderwash New Member AMS2 Club Member

hello to all of you a good settagggio for the new TS-PC Racer

7. Manuel Staedel

When you set the Realfeel to -1000, you should have big software clipping, if you set it to -10.000, the wheel are at 100% very weak. So you have to find a good way in the middle.

8. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Manuel you are right. I think -3200 was the default and I also have a DD wheel so our settings should be similar. I think I had to reduce my setting to -5000 to reduce clipping.

9. racerdad76

racerdad76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone please post ini settings or instructions on how to setup Automobilista FFB with an Accuforce? Seems like no matter what I try I get some very strange behavior from my wheel. I just reset all of my game settings to default.

Thanks!

10. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

T500 RS and

Thrustmaster Control Panel FFB at 60%, Damper and Spring at 0%
    Ingame +80%
    Low forces 40%

This is good? In some cars like MetalMoro I think it might be clipping heavily but not sure. In some other cars this feels quite light.

What value in RealFeel I need to edit, to scale it down in case of clipping?

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

These are my settings; they may or may not work for others but, I have done extensive tuning over the last couple of years and these are what I prefer. I use similar approaches where possible for tuning FFB with both the AccuForce and the OSW systems:
    • Set steering system driver FFB-Force (Intensity) at or very near maximum output
    • Use set AMS-FFB Strength setting to tune for preferred torque levels
    • Set AMS FFB mode to LOW to eliminate dampening and other undesirable effects
    • AMS requires little dampening with either system for me - compared to other titles
    • Game FFB - Minimum Force can be useful to boost detail if desired (5-10%) - especially if you have looseness around center or use lower torque settings
    My base (SC4 Global) settings for SimCommander have almost all affect settings disabled and I use only 100% Game FFB - no Foundation FFB at all. Most of these settings can be added within the custom game profiles - if needed. My Global SC4 effects are set as follows:
    • SC4 Wheel Mode = Default
    • Overall Smoothing = 0
    • Degrees of Rotation = 900 (or to your preference)
    • Stop Spring = 6%
    • Stop Dampener = 0
    • Spring = 0
    • Friction = 0
    • Dampener = 0
    • Inertia = 0
    SC4 Automobilista (AMS) game profile settings are as follows:
    • AF Smoothing = 0 / AF Intensity = 95%
    • Game FFB = 95%
    • Game FFB Smoothing = 10%
    • AccuForce Friction = 1.57%
    • All other effects disabled although, I do use some Engine Vibe effect
    • Use Dynamic Oscillation Control only if / as needed
    If nothing else, these settings should improve detail and provide a good base to tune from.

If these don't suit you, try using the SC4 Tuning Wizard to create a custom profile based on lap telemetry and try that or other popular user profiles from the SimXperience Owner's Club.

I hope you find this helpful. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

So I got myself a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Base with the P1 Rim, and honestly I'm a little bit lost dialling in my FFB without a FFB Clipping meter. WHen experimenting, a few cars felt like they clipped, but after I reduced the FFB setting a bit I felt like I lost quite a lot of detail.

I don't really have current settings, as I'm still experimenting, but at this moment, the settings which I'm not very happy with are as follows:

Wheel:
    Sen Aut
    FFB 80
    Sho 100
    ABS Off
    For 100
    Dri Off
    Spr Off
    Dpr Off

Game:
    FFB -100%
    LFB 20%
    Pure 360Hz

I would be grateful for suggestions regarding settings you may run, and I'd also be interested in knowing if you think FFB should be reduced in the game or on the wheel.

Thanks!

13. Ray Huang

Ray Huang New Member AMS2 Club Member

Im trying to resolve an issue on ovals with my new TM TS-PC. The settings I have make the wheel incredibly hard to hold on the racing line. I'm holding on for dear life to keep car straight, but if I try and adjust my line up the track on the straights car jumps hard up or down the track and wheel pulls really hard each way.

Profiler:
    Strength Tried 75-100
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring tried 0-100
    Damper tried 0-100

Game

Strength -81-100
    Pure 360
    Steering range 360
    LFB 0-20

Any help on alleviating this or dialing out that "feel."

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What car/track, specifically? I don't have the same wheel (I have a T300), but your Strength settings seem too high? Try around 70 perhaps?

15. Ray Huang

Ray Huang New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you! Kentucky laser scanned with the SCART Mod (CART indy cars) with super speedway wings.

I have turned down strength in app and in game and when the "odd sensation" goes away, so does all ffb.

16. MTakala

MTakala New Member

Hello, and greetings from Finland.

Just today I got the first set of debug data from Automobilista to get more effect support done for the new SimuCUBE firmware.

I wonder why Automobilista uses canned effects - there is a sine effect with magnitude not 0, and a Trianglewave effect in use.

As DirectInput does not give exact information on how all the effects should be mixed, I was wondering how Automobilista developers see the correct mixing of effects as they have intended.

Automobilista is the first serious simulator title that I've seen that uses these effects.

I must add, that I did the session with the default FFB settings, which I expect most people will be using.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  17. MTakala

MTakala New Member

I've also run into some issue where some cars need -100% FFB strength to work correctly, and some other +100%. Also the Camaro pacecar had wildly spinning wheel effect when stationary (as if the forces were reversed) but when moving, the forces felt right.

Is this issue known/expected?

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Hi Mika, I believe your questions have already been mostly addressed by users in the GD SimuCube forums but, I just wanted to say thank you directly for addressing AMS-FFB in a specific way to improve the SimuCube FW even more! :)

19. Vitor Costa

Vitor Costa New Member

Hi guys, brand new OSW Augury. Does anyone has nice settings for MMos and in game?
    Thks

20. Katch922

Katch922 New Member

Here are my settings for AccuForce v2 Pro

SC4 Settings
    Device Settings:
    Auto Profile Sync ON
    3 - Default
    Overall Intensity 100%
    Overall Smoothing 0.78%
    Stop Spring 6%
    Stop Dampener 0%
    Degrees of Rot 900

Effects:
    GFF 90%
    GFF Smoothing 8.24%
    Road Bumps 5%
    Engine RPM 15.14%
    Stat Oscillation Control 90%

Game Settings
    All deadzone/Damping 0 with LC pedals (Configured via pedal software).
    Min shift time 0 for Man Seq.

Gain 45 (adjust gain per car in setup)
    LFB 0
    FX 0
    MSS

I find for some cars if you add a little bit of LFB, it actually feels nicer. For example, I use 10% for Ginetta G40 Cup.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021