1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

All the best Stakanov and get well soon. I look forward to sharing my experiences and impressions with you. Rest well and take your time. Best regards from Daniel:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

My issue of the inside kerbs just being absent in the ffb has finally been fixed. This file feels excellent on all fronts now. Thanks for you work everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this comprehensive answer. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry :):):)I forgot to tell you briefly what is the yaw or the yaw effect .... it is widely used in aeronautics, but it is very similar in cars .... to avoid file tuning difficulties it is easier to delete the effect to manage the car more easily and avoid oscillations especially in DD steering wheels, but in reality the effect is more present than ever .... the question if you are a DD then is, do you want a file that eliminates the problem and makes you believe that the yaw is other swings, or do you want to use the yaw and complicate your life to balance a file ???

ProjectMX-5-000-RollYaw.jpg yaw.gif

Without yaw it is obviously easier to balance a file for a DD wheel which is very sensitive and one less oscillation is not a trivial thing to balance it .... but on the medium-low range the management is easier because the oscillation is more manageable ... What to do???
    Personal choice of course, but remember that those who compile the files and those who tune them (on original) for us use the yaw on DD ... :)

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  5. Danielkart

Yes the yaw is important for the handling of a car in reality. But in simulation it's almost impossible to implement especially with dd bases. The force between the tires and the road, i.e. the force with which the tires press on the road (weight) is given. If the yaw moment doesn't exactly match the tire forces, things get difficult. Then stability is lost and the result is understeer and oversteer. That's why I generally avoid the yaw. I see the solution more in the braking effect. But I still have to test it myself, I think Stakanov will have a guess as to what I mean by that ;)But I will give you info if my idea feels good or if it will be better. Have a beautiful Sunday

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Danielkart

I know it is tedious when a new custom file comes again and again. But I only post when I have a good feeling. I don't care about the fine adjustment, everyone can do it to their liking. Anyway, I integrated "Dynamic adjustment to accel feel based on car weight" into the Custom. I have also adapted the "Dynamic brake feel". Try it myself, now I will enjoy the sun. Greetings from Daniel:)
    Version 34

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Steve D

Steve D New Member

@mikemav3 I'm an OSW DD (SC1) user and have been using @Danielkart's custom file found in #5164. (Haven't tried his latest version) I've only been playing around with the F1 Ultimate Gen2 at Spa but based on that and my set up, it's an excellent file, with plenty of communicative detail, nice rubbery feedback and a lovely, weighty and precise centre. I've not experienced any ocscillations either. I've had an absolute blast with it (in VR + Motion) and, after the latest AMS2 update, it's provided me with my best experience of FFB for that sim yet. The biggest compliment I can pay is that it feels really close to rFactor2's FFB and that's a very good thing. My SC1 and in-game settings are below and I adjust in-car gain to 80% for the F1 Gen 2, but that'll be down to personal preference, what you're driving, and whether you need to avoid clipping or not. It's all subjective of course but I really like it.

upload_2022-5-15_14-17-16.png

upload_2022-5-15_14-10-48.png

• Like Like x 4
  8. Neurotic

Neurotic New Member

@Stakanov I just come back from testing your latest ATMOS with Yaw file and I have to say it feels great on my CSL DD 8nm with some Dampening from the wheel base. It feels very communicative and I understand what the car is doing. I tested three different car classes (Ultima Race, GTE and F-Ultimate Gen 2) and it feels like it translates well between them.

I still need to figure out what each setting does for me, so I am still playing around with them to find a good balance, and your custom file seems to be a very good base. Once I figured them out I will post them here.

Thanks a lot for all your work and I hope you get better soon!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stakanov

Excellent intuition to create "Dynamic adjustment to accel feel based on car weight" ... these are the beautiful ideas that are worth much more than any tuning ... if I will find it useful and pleasant (but I'm sure because it seem funtional) I will implement it in ATMOS V1.3 ... nice found @Danielkart ;)

I am really glad that you are comfortable ;), I think that with this v. 1.2 we have reached a certain stabilization, the aim is precisely to make everything that surrounds the Momentum Rack more alive, that is the effects and above all the road surface, to be able to clearly distinguish the personalization of all the cars .... small things we will adjust in the future version 1.3, I think by now we could only optimize details step by step .... thanks for your feedback and for your future file, I can't wait for next weekend to come back to home!!! :mad::D:mad::D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danielkart

Yes Stakanov it improves the custom enormously. For me one more reason to finally eliminate the yaw. These sensations are now taken over by the dynamic brake and gas feel based on the vehicle weight. It also sharpens the steering again and the vibrations are reduced again. It is highly recommended to integrate it into your custom as well. Continued good health to you, take care:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Great work on these files , in awe of your talents . Just wondering though , in your latest file can you feel a drop in wheel weight / resistance as the front wheels start to lose grip ? Try as I might I couldn't get the previous files to replicate this .
    Thanks again for your hard work .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danielkart

Hello azza! Do I understand you right? Do you think that when I lose grip on the front wheel, I notice that the steering becomes easier? greetings from Daniel:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi Daniel . Yes that's right . Have just grabbed half an hour to test your latest file and absolutely love it . . . but I still don't feel any grip loss on the fronts when losing grip by understeering . This also includes wet track conditions .
    Now this could be specific to my setup ( simplicity direct drive 20 nm ) but have experienced it with other files , personally if I could get this feeling with your file it would be absolutely perfect !
    Love everything else about it , the weight and road feel are sublime , just that lack of communication of the grip levels of the front wheels is missing for me .
    Any clues as to how this could be tweaked would be most welcome .
    Thanks Daniel .

14. Danielkart

Hmmm.... I don't know your base, of course, or do you also have a dd1. Try increasing the value (relax_us_line2_start_y from 0.0004 to 0.0008. Maybe it will help you, good night:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. delayeed

delayeed New Member

Is there anyway to edit the "Default" FFB setting of AMS 2? I mean is there a way to get it as a .txt file?

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  16. Danielkart

Also, the recent change to the dynamic adjustment of accel and brakes changed a lot. It has become a completely different feeling, I have to sort it all out myself in my brain. Anyway, this new feeling is fantastic (Stakanov you'll enjoy it) and there will certainly be minor adjustments, but that's just a little "tuning". Just try playing with the values a bit yourself until it suits your taste:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stakanov

Very curious @Danielkart and obviously I can't test it but just imagine it ... and you on DD definitely have more sensitivity than me ... 0.5 on both accel_feel and brake_feel is not so much?? They should both add up and complete the bump_feel_follow_weight but don't overpower it ... try both at 0.25.....

(acc_feel_scale 0.25) ------> (accel_feel_follow_weight 0.50)
    (brake_feel_scale 1.40) ---> (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.50)
    (bump_feel_scale 0.375) --> (bump_feel_follow_weight 0.25)

Or i got an idea, try the lower values between 0.05 and 0.25 but involve in this dynamic game also and only the suspension both on the accel_feel_follow_weight and on the brake_feel_follow_weight with this change of code.... ;)

(accel_weight_scale (/ 500 (/ (+ corner_FL corner_FR) 9.8)))
    (accel_weight_scale (+ 1 (* accel_feel_follow_weight (- accel_weight_scale 1))))
    (accel_feel (/ accel_feel accel_weight_scale))

(suspension_scale (* suspension_scale accel_weight_scale))

(brake_weight_scale (/ 500 (/ (+ corner_FL corner_FR) 9.8)))
    (brake_weight_scale (+ 1 (* brake_feel_follow_weight (- brake_weight_scale 1))))
    (brake_feel (/ brake_feel brake_weight_scale))

(suspension_scale (* suspension_scale brake_weight_scale))

and therefore .....

(acc_feel_scale 0.25) ------> (accel_feel_follow_weight 0.25) ---> or less
    (brake_feel_scale 1.40) ---> (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.25) ---> or less
    (bump_feel_scale 0.375) --> (bump_feel_follow_weight 0.25)

In this way, perhaps a small value is sufficient to feel on steering wheel, more dynamic and less covering for the principal bump_feel_follow_weight ... it's just a thought, try. :whistle::)

Good day everyone.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

I will definitely test very good idea Stakanov.. These are then the fine adjustments so that is fun and so we get on with the custom. Should only have more time:)

• Like Like x 2
  19. mark Taylor

mark Taylor New Member

@Danielkart, very nice work, just installed your FFB file and it feels great on the DDI along with your suggested Fanalab settings. Currently using the Variant 1 setup, please keep up the good work.
    One question I do have is that I'm using a seat belt tensioner which uses the in game forces for breaking, acceleration and yaw (sway) along with road ripples to activate the belts. This forces are not as strong in AMS2 as they are in say Asseto Corsa so the belts don't pull as much. Is there a way of increasing these affect?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I have a CSW v2,5 so no DD and thus I will use the without Yaw I guess. At least what I understand from your reply. :D

• Funny Funny x 1