1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I've been using Default+ since it came out on my DD wheel, but with the latest tire carcass upgrades all the cars feel like driving over gravel all the time, very grainy. The only thing that works to smooth that is so set the recon filter in TrueDrive to 7 or higher, which then doesn't feel nice at all.

My question is, is there a custom FFB file that is like Default+ in feel and slider behaviour, but with an option to filter the FFB signal on the game's side?

Edit. i should mention that the TrueDrive filter settings in my signature are not current, those are from before the update.

2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hey taylor! Of course, what you are using is great cinema, a tensioner. I also have vr, motion rig, and buttkicker. But that's a completely different story, it changes a lot in immersion and also in ffb. Basically, I always test without this immersion hardware, only then it is adjusted for me personally according to the hardware. You will definitely use software for your belt, and unfortunately I can't say anything about that. Greetings from Daniel:)

3. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The values that you will find pleasant will be interchangeable with the other version ... you have a High wheel (belt) at the limit of choosing between a file with Yaw or without, so start with what you want (ok no yaw) and once tuned to your tastes, you just need to report the same values you found on the other file (with yaw) and compare them quickly, you decide which one to use, your tastes command ;).... then if I manage to return next weekend I will update the file with version 1.3 and all you have to do is put your values back on that!!!

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. Will put it to the test. I hope I have time this week.
    Yesterday I did some laps in Pcars2. Wow now I understand how important a good FFB setting is. Pcars felt lifeless and it felt if I drunk a few beers to much. Really enjoy the FFB in AMS2 atm. Again thanks for all the time you guys put in this. Drink a beer on my account. Bottoms up. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks , will give that a go next time I get a chance .

6. Danielkart

Hey Taylor! I still owe you an answer. Yes, I use variant 1 in fanalab with my custom file. Because there is less cushioning there, but variant 2 with more cushioning also works very well and is more pleasant for other people. regards

7. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to Danielkart and Stakanov with the updates I've added the Dynamic adjustment items to my custom which is based off of the default 5.0.1.4. I've also worked a bit on the center feeling along with more adjustments to the slip_crossover section.

The slip_crossover for me now feels even better on the edge of grip and going light when front grip is lost. Give it a try if you like as again it's just another flavor of FFB.

--Update--
    Re uploaded an updated file ver 10 to fix what Stakanov pointed out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stakanov

@mdecker79 and @Danielkart , you who can, also explore the opposite effect on suspensions using the division / ... with multiplication * you raise the "suspension" effect, with division / you decrease it when accelerating and braking ... remember that in the meantime the underlying load increases under braking and decreases under acceleration ... so the final result is to be explored in the total result ... for me that i have a lot of load is very interesting ...

(suspension_scale (/ suspension_scale accel_weight_scale))

(suspension_scale (/ suspension_scale brake_weight_scale))

• Like Like x 3
  9. Danielkart

Stakanov at the moment I unfortunately do not have time to test have other priorities. But you have many lander people who could test it. I will get back to you. Have a nice evening and greetings from Daniel:)

10. mdecker79

You are 100% correct. I did not notice it before because the cars I was testing the issue did not show up. But then I took the Lotus 79 to historic Interlagos and the issue showed up. The suspension effect was multiplied and was shaking my rig a good amount just from my DD1.

I need to do some further testing to use the code and lower the suspension values a bit or use division.

And thank you very much for pointing that out.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Stakanov

I suspected it, and I think that on the contrary, using the divider you suffer the lack of sensitivity and stiffening of the suspension every time you brake and accelerate ... if confirmed, probably better to remove the suspension lines both in brake and in accel weight and use them without ... we will see!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. mdecker79

I will test further as the divide / seems to bring things back to a normal level.

I will now test to see the difference with the two lines of code in or out.

Question though. I feel it wouldn't cancel out the suspension effect and only add to it if I use divide. I say that because it's already in Road features so it should just add to it, right?

I'm going to test further and see as I'm just thinking out loud right now.

13. Stakanov

@mdecker79
    Example you set suspension = 0.6
    The dinamic (Accel or Brake) is Always = > 1.0 then, if you divide, the suspension go down for example to 0.3 ... and then go to "Road" and after to Output ;)

Edit: With moltiplication is the contrary :) start to 0.6 and go for exmple to 0.9 .....

Then if use divide, is ok for the Lotus (car not ok with moltiplication) but this is not ok for the other cars .... you can only mitigate but or start overpowered if divide, or start donwpowered if moltiplicate o_O

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. mdecker79

Gotcha.

So the suspension_scale keeps changing as things move down the file and then divides before it even gets into the Road section.

I wasn't thinking of it in that way but now I am.

Thank you again for your very helpful knowledge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mdecker79

After further testing and with the help of Stakanov I removed the two lines of code in the Dynamic section for brake and accel for suspension.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Danielkart

I'm curious maybe I'll find a little time to do a quick test before work. Thank you for your custom:)

17. Danielkart

I was able to quickly test their custom. I took the GT1 Mc laren and the lotus79 because they said there was a big problem with their dd1 and the vibrations. I have no problems with my custom, everything works wonderfully together with the lotus79. Unfortunately, your custom doesn't fit together very much anymore, I could hardly keep the Lotus79 on the track. Not because of the vibrations, but a lot of things don't add up. I also have a slightly different suspension, so maybe I don't need to change anything on my custom. But I didn't have time to test it anymore. Anyway thank you very much for your file and your testing. Greetings from Daniel:)

18. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was wondering whether there is a general consensus as to what are the most important forces that give you the information needed to feel what the rear end is doing? What is good FFB?

I know I might open a can of worms here :D To me personally the feel of understeer isn't as important as the information of oversteer e.g. Sure, it makes it more complete, just like the rumble you feel when driving over kerbs, but I can see when I understeer. Oversteer is different, I need to catch it before I face the wrong direction on the circuit.

It's been interesting to try a few of your files and I have some favourites already. I also wanted to thank you all for your efforts and time. Really appreciate it. I can imagine, it must be time consuming.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danielkart

Hello riccx! The understeer can be simulated well with the values (RL_slide and (RR_slide. Just go down with these 2 values, for example to 15. But that is not my goal because then it slides too much and I have very little control. I have something there other things in mind with the slide_values. But I need to have time and test for that. Regards:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danielkart

Stakanov what do you think if we implement slide_threshold ?