TUTORIAL: FOV, Triple Screens & Immersion

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by GTSpeedster, Jul 17, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Really easy to, I will cut more strips and spend more time getting them neat and even and figure out a mounting system better than just paddle pop sticks.
    The biggest tip is to remove and bezel correction otherwise there is big steps in the screens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nice indeed, But removed my triple setup. I'm now racing on a 34inch Ultra wide. Perfect for me and my current PC power. Perhaps one day I will upgrade my system although the chance is little..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Went from triples to 34" ultrawide also, but not by choice. I was adjusting the center monitor and it fell forward and right smack on the wheelbase. Don't miss the heat from the triples, but I do miss the FOV.

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yes the FOV is much better of course. But as I’m not a hard core some racer it is fine as it is. I do play other games as well and the 34 ultrawide is just awesome for that. With sim racing I loose some, with other games I gain some. :D

5. 2ndLastJedi

Just in case other come here for help, this is the best guide I've seen to get AMS2 perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

That worked great for me as I didn’t have things lined, windscreen on the 98 Reynard. I still have no clue how to set the actually FOV #’s And where is these number’s deriving from? FOV usually is 140 to 180. I have 178 in iracing.
    How is 178 fov converter to 35( minimum) to 50,60 70? I’ve been running 45 and that feels but I have really am not sure. I’ve looked everywhere to figure it out. I sit about 21.5” away and 27’s and I have my angles at 61 degrees

7. 2ndLastJedi

If your FOV is 178, divide that by 3 for 59.3 in AMS2, well, round down to 59. Your angle seems close enough.

8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Ok thanks

9. LiveLeeForSpeed

LiveLeeForSpeed New Member

Ive had this thread bookmarked for 2 years now since lockdown started and I decided I wanted to do some sim racing. Well i'm finally going to use it this week :)

Does anybody know what's happened to the OP GTSpeedster, he appears to have removed his whole sim racing life from the internet, that's a shame as his videos and insight was great.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1