1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

ferrari

• Like Like x 2
  2. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

This may sound funny, but actually I'm interested in having more than 4 weather slots. The scenario I'm thinking of is running an hour long race and then a downpour happens in the last 5 minutes of the race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Silverstone stowe circuit for racing Caterhams?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Considering that Silverstone is a paid DLC, it would be really nice to have it in full

• Like Like x 2
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the Tipo 500 would be a nice car to start the historic F1 line-up

best-ferrari-f1-cars-2-ferrari-tipo-500-alberto-ascari-f1-1952-belgium-lat-mi-goodwood-09112021.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

Silverstone national pits layout (GP circuit using national pits) would be nice, it's regularly used by e.g. GT races.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking quali of Nords 24, shortcut gp would be very nice.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. herakles

herakles Member

Hi there!

As this is the "feature request thread", I've got two requests:

* Le Mans Circuit
    * editable driver-specific helmets

Thanks for this awesome simulation! I love driving it! Reiza, you're doing a great job!

All the best,
    Herakles

• Like Like x 3
  9. logi003

logi003 New Member

Ability to create skin mods for tracks.
    Being able to change sponsors to match real life would improve immersion immensely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, due to how the track “checkpoint” system works it’s not possible to make use of a shortcut as there are realistically only 2 options available.

-Invalidate the lap and start a new one, which would then make races easily exploitable by simply going around the GP track, which even with penalties, would still be faster with time penalties and drive throughs;

-Or invalidate the lap and not trigger a new lap, which would make a shortcut useless.

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, possible it is. Raceroom is doing this fine.
    Maybe
    works differently there.
    But hey, I'm a noob in this field.;)

12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It’s not as simple as that just because another game does it. You still need to write a whole new track checkpoint logic and restrict it to non-race sessions in a way that the Madness Engine will allow, understand and flawlessly apply.

13. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of the Nürburgring 24 Hours layout, I am reminded by the real thing streaming on a TV in the background that AMS2's version doesn't have the tyre barrier and kerb for the left hander at the Yokohama-S chicane that opens the lap.

It'd be nice to have that, both for realism, and because it's hard to judge the track cut limit at that corner without it (at least for me!).

14. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dedicated tactile transducer "tire/seat FX" audio signal derived directly from the Madness Engine, instead of what we have to do now which is rely on SimHub's best-guess implementation based on general telemetry data.

Specification:
    • Just like we feel vibrational FX through the FFB, similar FX such as engine vibrations, road noise, and tire scrub would be sent to a dedicated sound output device. Currently, some of the FFB FX feel out-of-place on a rotational axis and would be better suited for tactile transducers if available. Typically, one would then turn down the FX slider in the FFB or add damping, and instead use tactile transducers for tire/seat FX.
    • Since this feature is for hardcore simmers who like to tinker with equipment, we don't require this to be in the UI. An XML file with config similar to how we define custom AI should satisfy the target user group.
    • Parameters:
      • Sound output device (I'm not sure how Windows does this, but maybe some device ID?). Or if Reiza adds an option somewhere in the UI to select "tactile audio output device", maybe that will make this point more robust against unexpected device ID changes.
      • Channels:
        • Mono, a.k.a "seat FX"
        • Stereo Left-Right
        • Stereo Front-Rear
        • Quad/Surround (FL/FR/RL/RR) – could alternatively be that you always specify the config for each of the 4 channels and that they are mixed down to whatever output format suits your setup
      • Each channel has a vector using X,Y,Z floating point values from -1 to 1 so that we can specify directionality, polarity, and amplitude. The vector determines the weighting of various vibrational forces as felt on the tire/seat, but also allows us to adapt to the transducer orientation on our rig.
      • Possibly allow for a list of cars each specifying their own custom amplitude factor
      • For users who only want to feel vibrations when the car goes over the limit and not be bothered by overall noise: Some sort of way to balance tire slip vs. other effects.
      • Maybe also an overall high-pass and low-pass filter, if it doesn't put too much strain on the CPU. Might be better for the user to simply do this processing with outboard gear, though.
    Does this seem like a sensible specification, or have I overlooked something?

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With sequential shifters, when hitting the cluth, possibility to change into neutral without a stopped car.
    Or having a button for neutral.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not essential, but it would be interesting to have a predefined and static angle of view in the photomode of the showroom to have a standardized preview image like for the cars in the game. This would avoid having a messy UI with lots of different previews for all the overrided liveries.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jugulador

A button to reset car damage in freeride sessions. Because is frustrating to go into a larger track, have an accident and have to restart the lap. I was driving the Nordschleife at Beam.NG and this reset button helps a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like in real life?;)
    Maybe start a bit slower before taking too much risk.....
    What I loved in former SIMS/games, pressing F6 fast enough, just a second before hitting the wall, to be undestroyable.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Jugulador

I have some TT good records at Nords (had some WRs before the leaderboard reset) on AMS2, soooooo no need to "start a bit slower", but sometimes I want to force a little bit more to improve my times.

BTW, simulation is not about "like in real life". At professional simulators you can set an specific situation, like approach a chosen corner at a set speed, with an specific car status, and repeat only this corner at will to better learn it. Would be awesome if AMS2 had such a similar function, but I would be happy if at least have the option to reset my car damage at will when not on a racing event or doing TT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

My answer may sound dumb, but why not disable damage in this case?

• Funny Funny x 1