911 GTE dash indicators for tyre lock and TC active?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mikemav3, Jun 25, 2022.

1. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

Does anyone know if the horizontal few LEDs left and right of the main dash screen in-car view are planned to become active based on feedback/telemetry in game in a future release? It's been about a month since I've driven so forgive me if it's already sorted but before I'd noticed these LEDs do not light up when you lock your brakes or TC is active like they do in the same GTE car in other sims? Anyone know if the devs have commented on if this is on the road map? Very useful feature to improve driving IMO.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Slip indicators don’t work in any car. I’ve mentioned this on forums before, and I think the devs know about it. Lets see what they do about it though...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It's about time to Reiza do a huge revamp on AMS2 panels. It's 1.01 on simulating vehicles

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

20220627063947_1.jpg
    Yes, particulary DPi and GTE cockpits are much to dark in the night. There is no ambient ilumination inside the cockpits, only the LCD panel.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

yes certainly the dark cockpits is an issue that would be nice to improve, and I also find the live dash telemetry and especially indicators for slip/lock etc.. to be very useful for driving improvement in other sims. Love AMS2 overall but this is a necessary improvement.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

IMHO, what turns off me the most is the "non working" (or not fully functional) instruments. I don't ask for a fully clickable interface, as in FALCON 4.0 and DCS World (but surely wouldn't cry if it is), but at least that things work. For example, some of the cars had ABS/TC indicators on panel, but I need to use the ingame hud to know how things are set.

But it's a issue with the overall car simulation development mentality. The rule is flawed instrument panels and the exceptions outstand. Car simulation developers barely thing about the simulation bubble and the car interior as an environment, just as a standard shooter's gun in first person camera (that is something just visual). AMS2 don't even get the car (and car interior) reflected on mirrors.