McLaren license?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by VirtuaIceMan, Jan 30, 2017.

1. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan New Member AMS2 Club Member

SimRaceWay used to have an exclusive McLaren license, e.g. Simraceway - McLaren Racing MP4-25

I see that Asphalt 8 Airborne recently added some McLaren F1 cars, such as the same one above: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...-25_PRO.png/revision/latest?cb=20161224000638

So, the question is, if McLaren F1 cars can now appear in multiple games (with, of course, iRacing also licensing them, e.g. McLaren Honda MP4-30 | iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations), could Reiza now finally license the MP4/4 and get the wheels in motion for the Ayrton Senna game/content in Reiza 2017 game?

Lotus should be relatively straightforward to license (they appear everywhere) and Toleman should be possible somehow (as Gran Turismo managed it), which would mean you could have cars from all of Senna's F1 career. The Williams FW16 should also be achievable, as Williams seem to not be exclusively licensed either. Whether it should be added (as it's a bit tainted, Senna-wise) is another question.

Of course, the legendary tracks being added, with multiple years covered, dovetails nicely with Senna's career too... speculation on my part, but could be good! Wrapper it up with some Senna documentary video and you'd have a very special product (or section of a larger product) indeed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Ah, I remember my excitement back when I first heard Reiza is going to release Senna Game, I also hoped they would release it on the famous "Senna 20" marking 20 years since Ayrton's death. Now, some 6 years later I still have some hope left :rolleyes:

As for the subject itself, don't forget about pre-F1 cars as well.
    I recommend Senna vs Brundle documentary (sadly on demand, but well worth the money) about Ayrton's rivalry with Martin Brundle in F3.

3. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Having a car in a game doesn't mean it's licensed ;)
    And simraceway is pretty much dead since a year with nobody able to sign up ;)

4. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking about that.
    I'd like to see Reiza rapping up/migrate all the cars and tracks licenses to add on AMS, include the well done 3d models.

:rolleyes:

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I prefer the idea to have LFS join forces with simraceway, the first one will bring physics and fictional cars and tracks, the second one will bring fictional content and licensed cars and tracks and will take care of game portal (leaderboards, etc) and from S1 to S3 classes...

• Like Like x 1
  6. skiptor

skiptor New Member AMS2 Club Member

Take a good look at the tracks that are being released by Reiza and those that are already in the game. Now take a look at the 1986 GP tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

8. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

you guys do realize reiza dropped info here about a major british license being signed? could've been caterham, but i think it came after. my guess then & now is lotus or mclaren...

and yeah, there's a relatively HUGE chunk of senna-career-spanning tracks already ingame + coming soon (and not just F1; remember as mentioned above he raced in the british F3 league, at oulton park & cadwell). not sure why people think this is so crazy. it would also give AMS an identity; any F1 fan knows the name Senna. youll have people asking if they should buy F1 2017(/year) or Game Aryton Senna (working title, please...) -- thats a HUGE bump in visibility from Game Stock Car 2013.

but sure, makes no sense and hopeless and no chance and what are u smoking etc.