The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've now got a bit of SC 4 sorted out for my AC install which I run off Content Manager. @Wayne Whitmore could you tell me the game id for the AMS2 beta? or do I have to find that on my own machine, in which case do you know where to look. It looks like I need a number of some sort to identify the game.
    I've managed to sort this out now so thanks for your suggestion it helped put me in the right direction.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  2. Justin Man

Justin Man New Member

Hey Katch, thanks for responding. Unfortunately I tried my best to fix it and even cranked up the “Engine Rpm” to the max settings and still feel nothing. You have any idea what should I do at this point? Force feedback is working correctly, I even messed with the game force feedback and smoothing including the device settings as well to make sure if the settings work properly and it seems it does. I just want the engine rpm for more immersion like you but I couldnt figure it out.

3. neal

I don't know, I don't seem to get much luck with this sim sometimes. The whole thing now feels like a confused mess, I have no idea what the car is doing or what is happening with the front wheels. Neither of the new Defaults feel good nor any of the custom tunes that I've used before or the new Karsten 5 version. There was a point recently just after Reiza released 1.3 (using Ku Ku's latest custom tune at the time) when I could feel the return of the delicious rubbery feel of the tyres on the road surface, not any more, nothing like any of that, just a bounciness on the surface undulations and a rather harsh saw tooth sound and feel on the kerbs.

4. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

@neal I think FFB is dependent on personal taste & if I am honest I have been seeking something akin to rF2, what I have ended up with is something much more informative and dare I say, better?

However, my settings are drastically different to what I have seen posted here but worth a try if you are finding the recommendations not to your taste.

Ingame:
    Default+
    FFB: 55
    LFB: 8 (increase this if you want more rubbery feel)
    FFX: 75 (reduce this if you want less chatter)
    DAMP: 25

Accuforce Settings:

Mode: High
    Intensity: 100
    Smoothing: 0.8
    DOR: 900
    Stop Spring 6.3
    Stop Damp 0
    Spring 0

AMS2 Accuforce settings:
    Smoothing: 8 (I need to raise the smoothing in AMS2 AF settings as I would experience what you detailed, a lot of chatter)
    Intensity: 100

Game FFB: 100%
    Game FFB Effects 100%
    Engine RPM: 12.99%
    Road Bumps: 80%

I like quite a strong FFB fee so you may want to tone down FFB & FX if its all too much but I like the detail.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Magus thank you for posting your settings will go try them ASAP. Always looking for the best FFB that the accuforce wheel can give us. (Never happy to just leave it alone LOL)

Edit:
    Yep gave the settings a try. Another good setup for those looking for the stronger FFB feel.
    My weak arms are just not up to it LOL. But when trying the settings a couple of reminders came up for me.
    1. The Dynamic Force Boost setting inside the game force feedback of SC4 that I use which allows for lower settings of other parameters while retaining a stronger feel. This is akin to fidelity settings for sound amps.
    High volume levels are need necessarily needed to get all the effects that are to be heard, or in our case felt.
    upload_2021-12-18_10-47-14.png

2. How Oscillation control (if used) makes all settings feel very muddy.
    When setting up the new profile to try the settings from @Magus I accidently had this included before I remembered to turn it off.
    upload_2021-12-18_10-55-26.png

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. neal

@Magus , just want to thank you for such an effort to try to help me sort out my problems. i did try your suggestions but ended up with a wheel far too strong for my taste although there were some really nice channels of certain info that I really liked. After that I reset everything and started again with the default launchers in SC4. I've now just tried a new Custom FFB version and it is truly wonderful (Kuku's 5.0.4). I find it so rich and informative with this delightful wheel we are using that I can immediately push to the max with instant understanding of what the car is doing and be able to keep it doing what I want. (All within reason of course).
    In game settings I'm using 35,8,55,0,0. I might try upping the FX from 8 a little as I really like the sense of rubbery feeling of the tyres.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am really grateful regardless of result for trying to help and it did help cos it got me looking and I eventually found something really nice now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

Running Karstens 5.0.4 feels very good with the 1998 Indycars. I still need to experiment with settings for other cars because it didn't feel quite as connected with the Cadillac dpi or Ginetta P1.

Just default wheel settings. No Sim Commander.

In-game settings:
    Gain: 30
    LFB: 1
    FX 30
    Damping (Power Steering): 10

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. mklimek

mklimek New Member

Hey guys quick question: when launching through the Sim Commander software, it's apparently not logging any telemetry data such that I can go back later and use the auto-tuning wizard if I want. Similarly, if I attempt to launch via the cloud profile option, I'm not getting any messages that the cloud profile is being used once I'm on track. All other sims work as expected in this regard. Is there something about Automobilista 2 that these things aren't working?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

Go into the system setting in the menu. Set UDP frequency to 1. Turn shared memory on. Set UDP protocol to Project Cars 2 and see if that fixes the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mklimek

mklimek New Member

Racer25, you rock, thank you very much. That fixed it. Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  11. neal

@Wayne Whitmore does that Dynamic Force Boost setting actually do anything as I see it is attached to the Game FFB parameter but that parameter is not activated (not lit up red).edit: I think I got this the wrong way round.

As a side note I'm in the process of trying to get a nice RAW FFB from the game without any processing or interference for the purest source for my wheel and the base of this is feeling very very good so far but does need some refinement. The main problem seems to be that some cars feel utterly divine and others confusing rubbish. It is however by far the best feeling for a good feel around the center position and return to center. This is using the Default+ settings provided in-game.
    One weirdness I've come across tho is that even tho I use no settings in the launcher for a game, the FFB still feels different like some tuning effect has been applied. It is not the same as using the base settings and SC4 turned off. I even deleted the two tabs for Effects and Device Settings but still something changed the FFB feel from just the base.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  12. Wayne Whitmore

@neal , yeh the dynamic adds additional FFB at times when is is likely to be very low so transition into higher FFB arears are more subtle but pronounced. Interestingly ACC does it with injecting DFB into the game with a specific game parameter.
    You draw a very good point about using as little interference as possible for example this is how I run AC with then only needing a very small refinement on top for other games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. neal

Just a quick update on what I'm using presently, still that is from the last post. I'm using the launcher provided by SC4 with it's/my base settings. Within the game I'm using the Default+ mix of the developers and for the Options sliders, nothing except 35 gain. And I've been using it a while now and love it, really really love it. I'm not using many different cars/classes atm so maybe I'm just lucky with what I do use, but I'll come back with more info whether it works well for other stuff or if it is not so good. So far I'm using mostly GTs and prototypes and totally happy with the FFB in all of them. I've also recently been racing the Caterham Superlight and that is also delightful too so it seems like so far I've found a nice balance for my taste. The bottom line is "can I push really hard with confidence" and the answer is most definitely yes. :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. neal

OT
    any of you Accuforce users have FH4 and use your wheel with it?

15. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

I didn't think so before trying it but I'm ending up really liking these settings. I was used to drive with nothing special in SC4 and Default+, FX 50 and Damping 50 in game. Now I realize that all these effects in the wheel were getting in the way of the real information needed to have better control over the car. Since I get the vibrations from butkickers, I don't need them generated by the wheel. So... this was a nice discovery.

I have a question though:
    Why so much Game Force Feedback Smoothing (20%)?

17. Wayne Whitmore

@JF Gagne the Game FFB smoothing was to remove the grainy feeling I was getting through the wheel.

18. neal

unfortunately my FFB is a complete mess now with the new build. The lack of info now leaves the FFB completely vague and wishy washy, can't really tell what anything about the car is doing and have to rely totally on visually clues. It is not car specific, well so far. Lack of detail, heavy grainy grinding, no feel of wheel centering, very light forces, using Default+ as always.

19. Wayne Whitmore

@neal default + has way too much canned type info sent through to the wheel. Just default is all that is needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. neal

oh ok, thanks for the heads up Wayne, I'll give it a try. I don't use any additional input in game, just 32 gain. just as a matter of interest how do you know that about the canned type info? I'm curious but also an 'purist' for my FFB.
    edit: well I gave that a try, had to push the Gain up to 45 but kept the rest at 0, chose the McLaren F1GTR on Nords, and oh man is it incredible. I can immediately push hard and feel everything. happy happy joy joy. ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1