1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reiza rFactor 2 Bundle is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Imola looks okay even compared to some tracks in the s397 download, could it be better, sure but certainly not awful if you compare to other not updated tracks that come in the s397 download. The cars drive great. Sure the whole pack can do with updates. Wth all the people crying it seems like it's the only content lagging behind, it clearly isn't.

2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well....I know reiza is highly busy with AMS2 but an update on the tracks to get lightings up to date would be gradually nice...

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are long overdue for an update on the update for the Reiza rF2 Bundle - firstly I´d like to apologise for this delay and let everyone know we´re still pushing hard to fit this in the schedule as soon as possible - we´ve been somewhat unfortunate with timing as it wouldn´t have been time-effective to tackle the rF2 content while the new rF2 features were still in development, and now that they are stable we really have our hands full with AMS2.

We are eager to get back to it however and make use of the great progress rF2 has seen since our last update, but realistically it may still take a couple of months before we have window for it, and another month to get the work done - but we will get to it.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Balamacab

Balamacab Member AMS2 Club Member

And while you're at it trow additional dlc's .
    I enjoy a lot ams2, but I end up wishing to have many of it contend in rf2...
    It would be great to have more Latin American tracks... And please don't forget autodromo de Tocancipá , from Colombia

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marcus Krüger

Marcus Krüger New Member

Thanks Renato for this message :hurrayreiza:

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Um, excited!!!! Reiza just don't stop!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Balamacab

Hi,

Any update related to this update?
    I'm eager to have it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Work on the rF2 Bundle revamp is ongoing. Some previews of tracks updated with PBR shaders:
    006.jpg

009 (1).jpg

007.jpg
    002 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Great news!

Are y guys working only on tracks? Or in the included car pack as well?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  10. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks better than native rf2 content

• Like Like x 2
  12. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it always did until about 12-18 months ago when rf2 started seriously ramping up their graphics efforts.. was a time when Ibarra in RF2 was the best looking track it had.. i suspect when this release comes out it will push the envelope again.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Balamacab

I'm extremly happy seeing the advance in the updated tracks; il'll fireup AMS2 while the tracks are released.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Balamacab

Updates?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hany Youssef

Hany Youssef New Member

The news that rFactor 2’s Reiza Pack DLC is in the process of being revamped came a very long time ago and till now nothing delivered yet.
    I still don't understand how some of the free mods for rfactor 2 are regularly updated while a paid dlc like Reiza's pack never has been. It's the only paid dlc on where you find all included cars still show ingame as "covered" or hidden without a proper preview picture because its not compatible with the new rFactor 2 GUI, which is completely unacceptable. In fact this dlc should actually be delisted from steam/rFactor 2 store being very old and incompatible with the new GUI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Renato Simioni

The straight answer is because we are not modders, we have our own project development and timelines and they´re not necessarily in sync with that of rF2 (which is not under the management of the same team with whom we originally agreed to and developed the pack). I don´t disagree that if the development of the content falls out of sync with the development of the main product the items should be delisted from new purchases but that´s not our decision to make.

Having said that, users who bought the pack shouldn´t need to account for any of that and having bought it they are entitled to expect some maintenance, and we did commit to making regular updates to the pack which is now long overdue. The tracks are now all updated to the latest shaders, and we are pushing to conclude work on the cars ASAP.

• Like Like x 19
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Michi Akona

Michi Akona New Member

I just come along to say hi here, looking forward to the updates. Also I noticed 3 tracks of AMS2 are inside Steam on rF2 as AC conversions but it's in fact AMS2 to AC to rF2. Those should be delisted. I found a Road America and Kyalami that are both used a lot in rF2 that actually belong to AMS2, maybe you should include them in rF2 as official DLC's? The mods are not bad but don't match the HQ images you showed here of latest updates.

RA: Steam Workshop::Road America 2019
    Kyalami: Steam Workshop::Kyalami 2016 V0.89
    Watkins Steam Workshop::Watkins Glen International

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Michi and welcome to the forum.
    Pretty sure those tracks are not from AMS2 but from AC. Probably LilSkis versions of Road America and Watkins Glen and the version of Kyalami by _Prototype and Johnr777. Those are among the best mod tracks for AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Michi Akona

Michi Akona New Member

On Reddit someone showed textures that are exact copies and sone meshes. I donno if you are so sure.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not 100% sure but if you look at the links to the tracks in the workshop you'll also see that those are conversions by the authors I mentioned. How textures by Reiza found their way into those conversions - if at all - is a mystery.

• Like Like x 1