1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Harry H it is wet_skill, not wet_skills ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Admiral Loverod

Admiral Loverod New Member

Feeling very frustrated, been tinkering with this AI file for 3 days and am not sure why it's not working. Could someone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

Attached Files:

• P4.xml
      File size:
      12.3 KB
      Views:
  3. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try adding the / to the last line </custom_ai_drivers>

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know the specific track name spelling/format for the Argentinian tracks? I've tried a few of the obvious options for Buenos Aires 6 with an override file but no luck so far.

Maybe we could get the list in the OP updated when time allows? :)

5. gian

List in the OP udated now

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Someone can please tell me what happen with this feature? I've got a list of custom liveries + custom drivers that work perfectly some weeks ago. Now, I re-apply my liveries+driver (using JSGME, thus the update not interfere with my files) and: 1) I still got my livery but 2) no more driver selection (when I race, drivers are choosen randomly). Is it due to the addded custom AI driver names in the last patch? If so, what can I do to solve?
    Thanks

7. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

For me it was the "&" sign in the livery name that made problems, might be the same for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

But my modded livery+drivers works fine last time I play (about some weeks ago), the grid was exactly the one I want. Now, the grid generated is totally randomized.

10. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Yes, came in with the update, one of the devs checked it and said it was because of the "&" sign that makes trouble with the current update for some reason. So if you have any of those in the liveries, try to remove them.

11. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

I've no "&" or other special characters. Furthermore, just one class is with mod liveries (P1), others are with stock ones and custom drivers. So I tried to play just with classes without modded livery (eg. P2 class, with just 4 custom drivers, stock livery), and it doesn't works. Instead of "my" cars/drivers, the grid is composed by 4 random cars.

12. gian

Cant repro the issue but if you share your custom ai files and mods I can check.

13. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Here the whole package P1-P2-P3-GT3-GT4 for 30 cars grid:
    18.16 MB file on MEGA
    However, just P1 have custom liveries. You can just try P2-P3-GT3-GT4 .xml with stock liveries for a 18-cars grid.
    Thank you for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rollo

Rollo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I seem to be getting issues with some multiclass races.. I use 15 custom DPi AI's and 13 custom P1 AI's together in a multiclass race, and it used to work not long ago. Today I get a few of my custom AI's but most of the grid consist of randomized ones.

I am doing 29 cars including myself so settings are put to 28 AI opponents with only DPi and P1 selected but as I stated above, it's not working anymore :(

Attached Files:

• DPI.xml
      File size:
      13 KB
      Views:
    • P1.xml
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

In my opnion, the issue has to do with the recent V1.3.8.2 update. The Release Notes stated the following:

"Added custom AI driver names to F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro (all gens), F-Classic (all gens), M1 Procar, Group C, Group A, GT1, GTE, GT3, P1, P2, P3, P4 & DPi classes"

Out of that list, custom liveries and/or AI seem to work properly for F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro (all gens), F-Classic (all gens), M1 Procar, Group C, Group A, GT1, & DPi. However, some of the GT classes and prototype classes seem to have the following problem:

1) Reiza creates custom AI and updated livery names for the above classes.
    2) Some of them--even if you remove all custom AI files from your setup--continue to display their original, generic livery names (e.g., Mercedes AMG GT3 #5); meanwhile, some aspect of AMS2 looks in vain for the new livery names....
    3) We end up seeing generic driver names, or a weird mix of modded ones and fake ones, etc. until Reiza fixes the issue.

This hypothesis has a flaw, however: GT1 still displays its generic livery names but displays custom names without issue.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  16. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The custom liveries for the P1s shouldn't be a problem because livery overrides use the chassis Id.

The custom drivers have had livery name changes. These need to be updated.

In the P2 Class, for example, the liverynames have changed from
    "MetalMoro MRX Duratec Turbo P2 ##??" to
    "MetalMoro MRX P2 #??".

I haven't had an issue with the latest update other than the liveryname changes (or additions). The worst offender for me was changing Weissbier in the Procars from Weißbier to WeiBbier. That looks more like an optical character recognition failure than human intervention.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  17. Romeo Foxtrot

The DPIs are now increased to 20 cars. If the chosen chassis is a new one it'll have a new name.
    The P1s have had a few name changes. The JLM Racing cars have had the "V8" or "V10" dropped from the names and the Nissans, formerly Powertecs, have dropped the "V6". There are other changes and you need to be vigilant!! Some of the changes are hard to see.
    I've been flummoxed by very minor changes and dreadful spelling errors but I have all the driver names working fine now - not so much the drivers. ;)

18. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've downloaded some custom AI real names but can't get them to show in game. I've extracted then copied to root folder as per instructions but they don't show up, only the Reiza names.

19. Romeo Foxtrot

If you've downloaded names it's most likely that the series has had the livery names changed.
    Changes have been made to names in F-Vintage, F-Retro, F-Classic, Group C, Group A, GT1, GTE, GT3, P1, P2, P3, P4 and Procar classes. Also there's additions to the DPi class.

20. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok these were Ultimate Gen 2 names I'm having issues with cheers