1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

This morning, I uploaded an updated edition of my minimalist, but rather comprehensive, custom-AI mod (see my signature, below). I think I got all the updated livery names correct based on initial testing, so others might find them useful when updating their own custom files.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Only four of the Ultimate Gen 2s were changed, the Idex cars are now Full Force and the RafaBin cars are Bond F1.

There are more changes on the Gen1s, though, but it's still the liveryname changes that are causing problems.

3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I would have personally picked a few different drivers for the GT1 class. For example the 1998 GT1 champion Klaus Ludwig. For my file I focused largely on the 1997 and 1998 GT1 season.

4. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

I solve my problem: basically, the last patch changed many stock names of cars. So, my AI driver list don't work anymore.

5. john Ellis

Since GT1 in AMS2 does not include "Niklas Lutz", I guess one could question the choices of Reiza and mine, as NAMeS opts to replace fictional Reiza names with their obvious real-world counterparts. This decision has yielded more than a few surprises. I find some of the NAMeS grids with default skins a bit like a 1970's Tasman series, before venturing into the top-shelf world of the full-on, historic F1 liverypacks w/ jusk AI. For my part, I welcome the day when every series in AMS2 is recreated with astonishing accuracy. In the meantime, NAMeS can do its small part to fill an ever-diminishing gap within this sphere of simulated reality.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  6. john Ellis

Could one of you fine fellows take a look at these two AI files and spot why I'm seeing these issues with them in AMS2:

1) Carrera Cup: Denis Olsen, who drives the #911 4.0 RSR, shows up twice at races, but he's the only one.

2) TSICup: Multiple drivers are showing up as doubles.

Neither of these classes have received updated livery names from Reiza (I think), and I have AMS2 grid settings to Maximum (i.e., maximum for each livery set, so I never see duplicates elsewhere).

Attached Files:

7. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have to look at your files, John. The livery names are duplicated in these two series. The #911 in the 4.0 car is the same as in the 3.8 car. The only workaround I have is to download a custom skin or rename one of the two cars and accept a plain white one (I think it's white).
    The TSI Cup is the same problem - duplicate livery names.

The best solution, if Reiza were to implement it, would be to have unique Ids in each class and use the chassis Id instead of the livery name, next best is to use separate files for each chassis as in the custom skins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. john Ellis

I was wondering about that double #911 thing … thanks for the confirmation.

Also, the poor VW TSI just hit a lower low on the AMS2 charts.

9. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I will change the livery names to incorporate 3.8 & 4.0 so there is differentiation between the two vehicles as they are under the one class. Please be mindful that when this change goes live your p.Cup files will need updating..

Thanks for the report!

• Like Like x 1
  10. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree with this. The livery name system has become too much of an ongoing problem and unique IDs (which already exist) are a much better solution.

11. Coanda

FYI - Livery name changes inbound for the next Beta & Public drop.

- p.Cup will now be differentiated by 3.8 & 4.0 to avoid duplication (see attached)

- TSi will now be differentiated by non GTS & GTS to avoid duplication

- Ginetta G55 GT4 will have 12 out of 24 liveries removed (see attached). This does not effect GT4 SuperCup.

Looking to the future we are trying to get a livery name database/extract available to you guys updated on each release which will be for all classes/vehicles/liveries.. Stay tuned..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Coanda

FYI - Livery name changes inbound for upcoming Beta & Public drop.

- P052 GT5 will have the first name shortened for the successful skin competition users (see attached)

Attached Files:

13. Rollo

Rollo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright, I'll go through the cars and see what I find. I only used the ginettas from P1 previously so I believe the names of the chassis only changed based on the number of the cars but I'll double check. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coanda

The G58 hasn't changed since last November. Attached is the latest P1 livery info...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. john Ellis

Thanks, Coanda, for all of the livery update information you provided prior to release. That gesture is greatly appreciated and made it very easy for me to update my mod.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Coanda

Guys to give you all the heads up for v1.4..

Along the journey as new cars have been introduced to existing classes this has pushed our livery/entry count up a little too high therefore some classes we will be reduced and the maximum slots for each class will 40. At the moment this will mainly effect GT4 although expect some changes to GT3, GT5 and P1.

When we finalize the new livery information I will handball this over to you all which should hopefully be prior to release so that you can adjust your set accordingly in time for the new drop.

We do understand this must be frustration to you although sometimes these things just can not be helped..

Thanks guys for the understanding and patience!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Coanda

Copa Truck - As of v1.4 Mercedes driver will be set as so...

<NAME LIVERY="51" NAME="Pedro Paulo Fernandes #29" />

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Hi guys. Sorry if it's a dumb question, the thread became so long... but is there somewhere an updated spreadsheet with all the livery names? I am having issues with the one I have, because a lot of liveries have been renamed.

Thanks in advance.

19. Coanda

We are hoping to provide you all with a full extract updated to each live build.. If you give me some classes (within reason) you are interested in I can put a list together for you..

• Like Like x 1
  20. john Ellis

Here is a .CSV with all updated livery names through V1.3.8.3 (plus the "Pedro Paulo Fernandes #29" update for 1.4): AMS2 Livery Names V1.3.8.3.csv

Edit: Switched the download link; you should have access now.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2