1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 13, 2020.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Updated track list, feel free to share it with anyone who wants to know what content is available in AMS2:

2. Heppsan

Heppsan Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Cristiangts

Cristiangts New Member

This was a blast . I often venture to other games but everytime i come back to automobilista i Renner where home is . This game is BOMBTASTIC in everyway. I shot this pov style with my go pro in a triple 55inch Sim rig.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Finally learned Formula Vintage! Since today is the Silverstone GP decided to do a race at the classic layout. Enjoy!

6. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

7. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Matt The Sim Racers Arms Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Intense FUN with possibly some of the best weather effects - well worth a try!!

8. Scraper

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Use Them Curbs!
    Community Hot Lap Challenge.
    Give it a try & let me know in the comments how you got on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BumbleBee_VR

BumbleBee_VR Legend AMS2 Club Member

12. BumbleBee_VR

BumbleBee_VR Legend AMS2 Club Member

13. Scraper

14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Austrian GP:

15. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Cool Classic!
    10 min VW Hot Lap Challenge, give it a try.

16. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Better FFB? Try My AMS 2 & Fanatec Settings.

#automobilista2 #FFB #ForceFeedback

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently had an article published on Racedepartment about damage in sims (AMS2 being one of the examples used). Its been up well over one week and I intended to make a video to go with it but could'nt at the time due to certain reasons.

I finally got round to making it yesterday and im so very glad now that I could'nt make it at the time, because it would have been before the latest AMS2 updates.

The A.I. in AMS2 have been through their rough patches but have got better and better consistently with every update, but this latest batch is simply amazing! The fact that A.I. are now being taylored to each different car type is astonishing! I can't think of another sim that does this, and it really shows!

Previously I could not race F-Ultimate with anything above 0% aggression and 200% damage scaling else I'd loose 2 thirds of the field by lap 3 at Monza because the A.I. would race them in the same way they'd race Copa Classics or Stocks, i.e. they'd race like a little bit of contact is acceptible, well thats just not the case with F1 cars. Even with the agression at 0% I'd still loose a fair amount of cars through contact and moves you just would'nt make in an F1 car.

Since the update I've been able to do this with 50% aggression, 200% damage and the racing has been good!

This video would not have been possible without the amazing work Reiza have been doing with the A.I. and I also have to mention the work on A.I. paths at certain tracks has been fantastic to! In this example im at Bathurst (which must be a nightmare to program A.I. for!) in the V8's. The racing is as close as it gets! The moves the A.I. are pulling on me (and each other) are incredible! The work that has been done on their approach to overtaking have near enough eliminated prior issues and I am very, very impressed! I could not have had a better time making this video!

I know that there are still tracks and car sets that need calibration, I know there will always be room for improvement, but with the increasing amount of combo's that work bloody well now there are more than enough exapmles of how damn good they can be! I also know from the Dev update that theres more to come!
    For instance I'm really looking forward to seeing what Reiza do with their strategy and drafting ability when they release the oval tracks.

Im guessing A.I. behaviour is massively important in this disipline and probably has been a major factor holding up the release of such tracks, but im all for the wait if they get the A.I. right. So many other sims have tried and failed with A.I. Oval racing, but i've got alot of faith reiza are about to do something special.

As I've said so many times in these forums... BRAVO REIZA!!! Amazing job! Thankyou!

Right, enough of my waffle, check this muthafudger out!

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For fans of Both Reiza and S397, if you've not heard it already, here's some news on the Reiza pack for RF2!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

20. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Mikk, nice video and race, I also was there but I almost sure that the race game was ams2 and not rf2 as it's setted on your video.

upload_2022-7-12_19-37-42.png :p