Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Nick Bradshaw

Nick Bradshaw New Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP Full Circuit (issue is most noticeable at 200R; the long right hander between Dunlop Hairpin and Spoon Curve)
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2 (2022)
    Applicable Settings: Wet weather and wet tires (may be possible with wet tires on a dry track, yet to test)

: I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was using wet tires for a wet race at Kansai (obviously), but something odd happened coming out of Dunlop and onto 200R. Midway through 200R, I found that my front wheels were skating under hard cornering conditions.

I don't know the name of this effect; the front tires steer hard -- then stop steering -- then steer again, until I remove the high load from the tires. This is the first time I've applied this much work to the wet compound tires on this car, and all compounds of slicks that I've tested don't appear to show the same effect.

I'm unsure if this is correct, but I do recall the effect only arising when I increased downforce levels from around 15 front and rear to somewhere around 25 to 35 front and rear. If my memory is correct, this effect could be amplified by the porpoising phenomenon prevalent in the Gen 2 car. I don't recall receiving any audio cues to suggest bottoming out was occurring, but it is entirely possible I could have missed them.

I am yet to test the wet compound on any other model of single seater car; nor find a different track to test this on, but if it acts in much the same way when you test it then I should think that it's a tire issue, or otherwise a suspension/tire mismatch. A suspension/tire mismatch could be a valid reason, as I have gotten a similar -- albeit much less violent -- effect by altering suspension settings on a 90s single seater car, allowing me to set a class record at Imola. Whether or not this is a bug in the handling model remains to be seen.

If I can recreate this effect, I will edit this reply and post a YouTube link with the effect.

Steps to reproduce:

• Use the Formula Gen 2 (2022) vehicle
    • Enter a track with an extremely long corner with a high tire load throughout (200R at Kansai for this experiment under moist or damp conditions)
    • Switch to Driver view or a camera position that allows watching of the front tires and/or the movement effect on the camera.
    • Observe the front tires and/or the player's camera movement.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A tiny one:
    When doing a championship, game does not show the correct nationality flag on result screen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RolandOfDongworth

RolandOfDongworth New Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: GT3 class (Porsche and McLaren)
    Applicable Settings: Manditory Pit Stop, Tire Change, 5x tire wear, Automated Pitstops (not manual), Race on dedicated server
    Report: 2 users in our race last night (I was one of them) had buggy issues with changing tires and manditory pitstops. This was a league race, and both issues were experienced in the same race. This is new behavior since the release of the 1.3.8 updates.

Specific Details:
    1. For myself, I had preset my pit-strategy (one that I've setup previously, and has worked fine previously) to only change my tires. When heading into the pit, per normal, when crossing the line, the computer took control. Except rather than stopping at my stall (which didn't appear highlighted), it drove me straight through pit lane without stopping at all. I ended up pitting again next lap, and it appeared to work normal again.
    2. For the other user, they had preset their pit strategy with an identical pit strategy (force tire change only - which had also previously worked), and their car stopped at their pit stall, but no tires were changed.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  4. RolandOfDongworth

RolandOfDongworth New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any/All
    Car Used: Any/All
    Applicable Settings: Dedicated server
    Report: We're unable to make AI difficulty settings stick, when setting up the "next session".
    Specific Details:
    1. When trying to set AI difficulty through the server's web UI, it will not correctly apply the saved setting. Initially, I tried setting it to a difficulty of 100, and then had people join the server to initiate the session. After loading through the lobby and getting into qualifying, the AI strength reset to 70. After realizing this, I had everyone disconnect from the server to try again.
    2. On the next attempt, I set the difficulty at 100. Upon everyone loading into qualifying, it set the difficulty at 85.
    I'm not sure why, but it's become a process of trial and error and repeated attempts at setting AI strength before we can get it to correctly apply. It was occasional before the 1.3.8 update, but now it's constant.

5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any/All
    Car Used: Any/All
    Applicable Settings: Set track preset to "wet", let it dry out afterwards.
    Report: When you press "pause" during a race and then go into replay mode, then come back to the pause menu and continue the race, the track, which was previously dry, will now be as wet as in the beginning of the race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RayGun

RayGun New Member

Track & Layout Used: All tracks
    Car Used: All series and cars except Brazilian Stockcars
    Applicable Settings: Latest version of Automobilista 2 - v1.3.8.3.2061.avx
    Report: There is a fundamental problem with custom AI driver files (except those in Brazilian Stockcars).

In every series, we can change an AI drivers name, livery and, notionally, his attributes. The *primary* problem is that AI attributes have no discernable effect. Any attempt to improve an AI drivers attributes does not move them up the grid or to the front. They still continue to qualify and race at the back or in the midpack.

There is one exception though - Brazilian Stockcars. If I award a Brazilian Stockcar Pro Series driver a value of 0.999 across all of his stats, he will persistently qualify in the top 3 on every track. This is the way it should be so, I ask, why are the AI parameters not functioning uniformally across all of the series..? I sincerely doubt this is intentional.

There is a *secondary* problem too and I think this is a consequential one. It is with qualifying and the spread of the field. Personally, I always like pole and last place (in a 24 car grid) to be seperated by no more than 2 to 2.5 seconds. This happens correctly in Brazilian Stockcars but not any other series. The spread in qualifying, for all other series, can be as much as 7 to 8 seconds on certain tracks. Whenever, I try to dial this out using an AI drivers qualifying attribute, the result makes every grid completely random. Fast or slow, it will make no difference. AI drivers will not reflect their true abilities.

I suspect that recent improvements to AI have had an unintended detrimental effect. It's almost as if the parameters affecting the spread of AI race/qualifying are not in sync with the spread of AI driver attributes. Please, someone on the development team, review the calculations/parameters used in Brazilian Stockcar AI and replicate them across all of the other series.

Steps to reproduce: Create an AI xml file for any series (except Brazilian Stockcars) and set one drivers skills to 1.000. These values will have no discernable bearing on their performance in qualifying or the race.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: not applicable
    Car Used: Ultima GTR
    Applicable Settings: Car damage turned on 100% scale
    Report: When the hood comes off, the lights are still working, and also seem to be at full strength
    Steps to reproduce: turn damage on and drive into a wall/guardrail

Clip which shows the issue:
    Twitch

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have about 25 custom AI files and they all work. Just ended a championship with F-Classic Gen 2 and driver's performance was just like determined within the file. Made some changes throughout the season and it had the effect I wanted, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Moved here on behalf of poster new @RaceMeister .
    Floating car. (I have no idea what he is saying in video)

'Hello good morning, after asking where I could find answers and arrived here, I leave you the link to a YouTube video where you see cheating cheats or whatever you want to call it
    What can we do??? Can somebody help me ???'

10. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Can not warm wet tires at Galeao in Stock Car 2022
    Track & Layout Used
    : Galeao
    Car Used: Stock Car 2022
    Applicable Settings: Authentic driving aids enabled, Full rain conditions at start of race, 110% difficulty 100% aggression, 29 car grid
    Report: Wet tyres start green but go blue and I can not get them to maintain temp. Slide all over compared to Ai who seem to warm theirs up ok.
    Steps to reproduce: Rain conditions start in first place w wet tired default car setup. By lap 3 or 4 I lost temp and could not get temp back up.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Version 1.3.8.3

Formula Classic Gen2 Model 3 (V6 Turbo):
    Car selection screen says the car would have a boost button, but it has not when being on track.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That seems the same as when a wet track dried up, then go into pits, switch monitor to another application (like a temetry tool with ALT-TAB) switch back to AMS2 (with ALT-TAB), the track is green and wet as it was at the beginning of the session.
    When switching the screen, AMS2 is in pause.
    A strange bug!

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version 1.3.8.3

Audio Bugs:

• BMW E30 DTM has no sound looking backwards in chase cam
    • Corvette C3 and C3R have no chase cam engine audio (very dissapointing bug, this car should sound mega!)
    • Mini classic has chase cam sound issues
    • F-classic gen2 m3 (the turbocharged one) has strange gearshift noises in chase cam, similiar to how the F-Reiza used to have (which was subsequently patched in a recent update)
    • F-V10 gen1 generic in the cockpit has a strange audio crackle in 7th gear at ~ 15,000 rpm

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Version 1.3.8.3

If an AI in an Open wheeler loses it's nose due to an accident, it does not get visually repaired in pits. They go on driving without frontwing.

15. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

V1.3.8.3
    Formula Trainer won’t automatically put wets on when it’s a wet track
    Tried multiple tracks same result. Formula Trainer Advanced doesn’t do this

• Like Like x 1
  16. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

Low FPS rate at time trial in Río Hondo
    Track & Layout Used
    : Termas de Río Hondo
    Car Used: Mini JCW, Ginetta G40, Chevette (seems to happen with any car)
    Applicable Settings: Authentic driving aids enabled, lightly cloud weather condition, 100% difficulty 55% aggression, 32 car on grid
    Report: at time trial mode in Río Hondo the FPS rate is low. In other game modes the FPS rate is ok, even in races with 32 cars.
    Steps to reproduce: Plays in the Río Hondo track on all the game modes with different cars. The FPS decreases only at time trial.

17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track Bueno A 12
    Car Mp4 Retro 3
    Settings trackside cam in panning mode
    Report player right hand appears while turning
    + visual smearing of front wings all cars same race
    Reproduce. watch replay of player and use pan camera via trackside cam select
    Right hand man2.jpg

edit + point trackside cams now pan more slowly and are far better, less rapid zooming is better, nice improvement.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  18. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t think formula trainer is meant to have wets. It has semi-slicks which are essentially an all weather. Think bug is car detail and setup menu

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

What is this smokescreen that superkart releases when near it's top speed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It begins like a vortex at the bottom tips of the wing and them turns to this smoke that, also, is not related with car temperature. Just tested it at Monza 1991.

20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, thats been there for ages, if i recall correctly i reported that myself as well a long time ago, i dont think these had the recent physics/tyres overhaul, so hopefully they can fix it then, meanwhile as a workaround, turn of particles in your graphics settings to not see it in the replay

• Like Like x 1