1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion - Nelson Piquet [Keep it civilized!]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GearNazi, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I think Nelson has unjustly fallen into collective forgetfulness a bit.
    He was immensly talented and sometimes arrogant, but he wore said arrogance openly and unashamed.
    Funny guy too, always taking the mickey.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I take that no one can be a pro racing driver without also having serious personality flaws and don't say it lightly.

Specially back them, when racing was much more dangerous, a person with the minimum of self love couldn't be competitive inside a racing car. And, some say is that a person without self love can't fell it for others (what I agree).

But you are right... Piquet, at least, never bother about using a mask.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not sure that being a racing driver is a good excuse for being a racist and homophobe. The language he has used to describe Hamilton was just as wrong in the 1980s as it is today. I don’t think there is a good excuse for it.

• Agree x 12
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Piquet was always kinda provocative. After his career had ended, he once stated that he had said bad things and lies bout other drivers in order to unsettle them and to get into their minds without meaning things too seriously. Lauda sometimes told the media when he was still active:"Ah, Nelson, don't take everything seriously he says, he is just playing his games again."
    Some drivers were really worrying about the bullsh.t he was saying, Senna even sued him, whilst others like Lauda did not give a damn.
    But later on, he had a good relationship with some drivers he had treated badly during his career. Some years ago, I saw him with Mansell in a TV studio after they had done some presentation laps with their historic F1 cars. They were joking and obviously had fun, although Nelson had said real bad things bout Nigel and his wife when they drove for Williams.
    But yes, at a certain age, people should think before they say anything bout others in the medias.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

One of the things I like about Piquet is that he's honest, he says what he thinks, and he doesn't care about being politically correct, imo we need more people like that in the world. :)
    People who don't speak Brazilian Portuguese and didn't watch the full video should not be commenting on it.
    Personally I'd love to see all of Piquet's championship winning F1 cars in AMS2 as well as all of Hamilton's championship winning cars. I don't mind seeing Sochi in the game either. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It's amazing how brazilians go out of their way to justify a c*nt of a person like Piquet.
    I'm Brazilian by the way. Also why are we speaking about Piquet in this topic?

• Agree x 7
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  7. Jugulador

Ok, mate, lets go to the Portuguese class:

Nego = dude, lad, guy, etc. It's an Italian's origin world
    Negro = Dark, Nigro or nigga, depending on the context

"inho" = is a suffix for diminutive, that can be friendly or hostile, depending on context. So

Neguinho is for nego and negrinho is for negro. Are you following up? Ok, let's continue:

Piquet called Hamilton "neguinho". I use the world (both in a friendly and hostile way INDEPENDENTLY of peoples skin color and people call me that way in both ways, also), no big deal. We also have an afro descendent very famous musician (Caetano Veloso) that sang about how beauty this word is.

The thing is, Piquet used in an hostile way, as calling Hamilton a "despiteful folk", not because of skin color, but personality (that is what the word means)... it's not racism, is a driver that, allegedly prejudiced his daughter's boyfriend (what is debatable, but still, just protective) and he called other drivers "neguinho", as he mentioned, in other occasions, Senna, Prost, Mansell, DeCesaris, Barrichello and Massa with the same word... with the same depreciative meaning. So, no racism here, just despitefulness.

BTW: At the same interview, he called both Rosbergs (father and son) "manure", that was, in Portuguese, a very pejorative and undebatable offense... but no one cared about.

So, yeah, Piquet is an A-hole... he always was. He treated the interviewer in this video as a retarded (as he always treated ALL the media) and this is what made it hard to defend him.

IMHO: Oblige people to "take a knee" is way more offensive than using any "n word", and Hamilton suport an extremist racial movement that forced a lot of good people to be humiliated, just preaching hatred and making things way worst. So, I think that Mr. Lewis is way worst than Piquet and don't take me wrong... I'm not defending Piquet (because he is an A-hole) just explaining that THIS time, he wasn't racist. "Why I should care" you may ask? Because I will continue to call people by nego and neguinho and will fight all the Novalingua bastards. They will not take my language away from me!

PS: "Why write this in this topic"? Because Reiza is a Brazilian Studio and they may have to deal with the subject at the time they bring (or don't bring) Nelson Piquet content into the game. I hope @Renato Simioni read this post, don't delete it, and think about if to pay respect for the driver worth the issues of the man... but it would be a quite hard decision, because I believe that Senna was even worst than Piquet, but no one seems to care for whatever reason why.

Grande abraço e bom domingo a todos!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    • Like x 8
    • Dislike x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Well said. I’d just like to add that the interview is from last year and nobody batted an eye until someone in the brazillian media decided to cook up controversy by putting neginho on the same level as the n-word and the rest of the national and international media decided to jump on the train. Other countries, other dictionaries and meanings.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Jugulador

About that, I don't think that the date is an issue in this case (would be if take, for example, an 80's interview), but you are right that it's work of the brown media.

Fells that Hamilton was hungry for a real racism case in the F1 world, to pose as a victim and all that sht.

But, yet, I fell that he wears a mask that other people forced in him... the "SJW of F1". It's a hard debate and fells that this topic isn't the place to carry it on. But, yeah, very right you are in this post.

Cheers!

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

Well at least we can all agree that Piquet is a cunt, no need to drag this around to this forum too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

BS. It doesn't matter when it was said, a month a year ago etc... It is racism. You don't have to refer to someone by their colour, size, hair, sexual orientation etc... I can very easily look at your profile photo and come up with a word for you. From that point I will stop referring to you by your name, you will become a thing.
    Also, the way people refer to others in Brasil can be very nasty. Say you are a bit overweight, your are the little fat guy, you have blond hair, you are the German guy etc.... This shows how far behind a society is in terms of social progress.

I am Brazilian, bu have lived in Scotland for nearly 20 years now. There is no way someone will refer to me as Jesus because I have long hair and a beard. They use my name when talking to and about me. This is respect.

If you live in a country where people use certain words to refer to other people, let's say a black person being called black. Learn their name and next time you see them say good morning Mr. Their name. They will feel respected I can guarantee you that.

And in case people don't know, there is a second interview, I think it is an extract from the same interview, Piquet said Rosberg won the world championship just because Hamilton was taking it in the ass, meaning Lewis was gay. No one should ever try to justify such behaviors.

Apologies for going off topic here. Thanks for the update Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

They probably brought it up on the British GP weekend because Piquet said the accident on Silverstone 2021 was Hamilton's fault. The racist stuff was just extra fire.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have opened this topic, so you guys can talk about this topic in a dedicated space.

Any further insults should be avoided, don't fight and keep it civilized! This is a space for different opinions. Let's try to act like grown up individuals. Thank you!
    :)

• Like Like x 6
  14. Jugulador

Almost all "champion level" racing drivers do or did something to break their competitors. Mansell wasn't a sweetheart when disputing positions and use a lot of politics to be in a better spot inside his team. Senna was a total psycho that did some real murderous movements all over this career, endangering other drivers even when he didn't need and is idolized (even by Hamilton, BTW).

Soooooooo... will we blame all the bad deeds in motor racing or just Piquet? Not making an excuse for him by all means, but exactly the contraire... I would love to have a topic to roast all this guys just for the fun... but if we go there WE WILL HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY THERE. Maybe a lot of people ain't for the roasting as I am and I don't want to conflict with this community members.

• Like Like x 1
  15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This shows how little you must understand about the issue of racism. Who are you to say how offensive the n-word is? And the fact that you felt compelled to not only defend Piquet, but turn it around to make an accusation against Hamilton who had no control over what was said about him, only shows me where your views really lie.

Would you be willing to change your language if people are finding parts of it to be offensive to them? I would be, and indeed I've dropped some words from my vocabulary for that reason.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Turbo Granny

For real, piquet makes it really hard for people to like him. You can be "authentic" or whatever without offending everyone. For me piquet is just a spiteful little man that cant accept that Senna is more remembered than him.

17. Jugulador

No matter how offensive a word can be, physical violence is always waaaaaayyyyyy worst.

About racism: I don't know where you live, but Brazil is very different from USA and Europe in this department. We have racism, but it work completely different. Maybe it's you that aren't acquainted with racism in Brazil and would learn a little more about before talk about it.

Would you be willing to learn my language before tell me what words I have to take as offensive?

E vem nas reviravolta loka dizer que vc é zuka ou tuga, pq se eu descobrir que sabe falar pt-br e não souber da diferença de nego pra negro vou te tirar de comédia. (just ignore this if you aren't versed in Portuguese language.. and don't try to use a translator, because it will translate it all wrong, fikdik).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Now you're straw manning. Lewis doesn't condone or support violence. Nobody has mentioned violence, except you.

The thing about racism, is that if you're a victim if it it makes little difference which country the person who does it is from. Racism is racism.

Again, displaying your lack of understanding about this issue.
    You keep trying to make this about you. This isn't about you. You are not the victim.
    It's not about what you find offensive and nobody is stealing anything from you.
    The issue is about what other people find offensive and showing empathy and compassion towards them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to include the guys not versed in portuguese into the discussion in an international subforum, please consider giving a fitting transcription. I'm sure it would be easier to make your point without being misunderstood. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Chirping in on that: Yes, but only if I, after a personal evaluation, find these demands reasonable. I won't, e.g., refer to anyone ever as "xier/xem", because there is absolutely zero reason to form language after some wishy-washy "social gender" that can't be seen or proven. I will, however, avoid the term "niggah", as it is deeply and inevitably connected to inhuman treatments because of the way someone was born.

Changing language because someone wants you to without evaluating whether he's being reasonable is not being considerate, it is simply being weak and overpowered.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.