Legacy Head Movement On or Off

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaveC187, Mar 4, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Legacy on and all zeros here and I recommend that to all who use a stationary rig. Some can't handle the bumpiness but I think it gives the most accurate to real life view possible in a sim. Real life race cars are bumpy and the brain can only filter out so much and in sim it make the most connected feel.
    Anyway, to each their own.

2. andylugs

andylugs New Member

I’m truly amazed at the different settings people use, I guess you can adapt to anything given enough time. Until then I will keep a sick bowl handy for AMS2, love everything about it except the camera system.

3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I play in VR and I just left it on default. I guess I'll have to play around with the settings and see if it does anything worthwhile in VR.

Luckily, I seem to be completely immune to motion sickness.

4. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

In a real car you body moves with the bump. It really is more confusing in a sim with that logic.

5. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Whatever the default seems to be, as I don't think I've ever touched this.
    That's if it even relates to VR, I don't know.

6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

After meeting with many people and researching settings that suited their individual tastes, we found that people who felt their hands were real outside of the monitor screen preferred camera settings that did not move.
    On the other hand, people who could feel that the virtual hand on the monitor screen was theirs preferred camera movement.

In conclusion, I think the difference is how much you can immerse yourself in the world of the game on the monitor.
    I turned off legacy and set everything to 100. For me, this setup is most similar to the real car experience. As mentioned above, the brain filters it out, so there is no dizziness.

7. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

In a real car, your wheel and seat also move with the bump...
    To me, seeing the interior of the car moving around while my wheel is static, is really of putting.
    But it's obviously subjective and a compromise either way.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I have Legacy on with about 10 movement. I forget why I settled on that because it was ages ago, but I'm happy with it lol :p