1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Coanda,

If they don't already, will all default driver names (as opposed to livery names) in AMS2 lack Latinate orthography as well (e.g., Jose vs. José)? If Reiza were a French software developer, the Académie Française would decry such a purge!

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The standard for this software is to have the names set with English characters only. Furthermore having Latin characters in the livery name creates hook issues in the software.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Coanda

As of v1.4 driver "Uno Pedro Mendiola" will be changed to "Justo Pedro Moreno". Anyone running custom attributes for CART G3 will need to update the string name.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. amidsttundra

amidsttundra New Member

Having some issues. I've created a Custom AI file for the DPi's. I'm using a mix of stock and downloaded liveries. I have created 10 drivers assigned to 10 liveries as I intend to use this for multiclass racing, however when I tried a single race I loaded 10 ai and while the game mostly selected my custom AI drivers (8), I also got 2 random AI assigned to 2 liveries I hadn't added custom AI to. So I tried loading another race and again got 8 out of 10, but this time got the two missing AI from the first race, so it wasn't a naming convention issue.
    Is there a way to have the ten AI and liveries I have assigned attributes to, to be the 10 in the lineup? The OP says to just: Now, to race with a custom grid with only the drivers that you have overriden, you simply start a event in AMS2 with the desired opponent classes and select a number of AI opponents less or equal to the total number of AI drivers that you have overriden for those classes.
    Which I have done, but I'm still getting a couple of random AI loaded on to other liveries.

5. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a difference in the livery_name spellings in the livery override file and in the custom AI file. The default livery_names work fine so I suggest you work only with the custom liveries and add them one at a time until you find the faulty one(s).

6. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

I haven't tried custom liveries, but AFAIK, to make sure all your liveries will be used you must specify every livery to be used, including other classes. For instance, I have done some 30 car races with 10 dpi, 10 gte and 10 gt3. To do it I had to have 1 dpi file with 9 liveries, 1 file with 10 gte and another with 10 gt3. Then I select a dpi car, select the gte and gt3 classes, set the opponents number to 29 and load the race. Every liberty must be valid, so the game uses only those I have chosen and every one of them...

• Like Like x 1
  7. amidsttundra

amidsttundra New Member

So I'm looking to do a similar thing with 3 x 10. How do I specify which liveries to be used? What file have you edited? I see the Liveries_dist files and I've tried putting liveries I don't want in a file outside the games directory, which reduces the games chance of using those liveries, but the stock liveries are still in the game.

8. Romeo Foxtrot

Select which cars you want in the race and give them a custom named driver.
    Remove all other named drivers from all the classes you want in that race.
    If there are fewer named drivers than pit stalls at the chosen circuit then you have to restrict the number of opponents in the race otherwise you're good to go.

If you're using custom liveries then make sure the livery_names used in the livery override file is exactly the same as the livery_name used in the custom AI file.

Livery override folder:
    \steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides
    Custom AI folder:
    \steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers

9. amidsttundra

amidsttundra New Member

I've done this. I've created a custom AI driver xml file with 10 drivers and their liveries. When I run a race with just the ten opponents I'll get 8-10 of the custom drivers, however when I load up two classes with 20 opponents, I'll get maybe only 3 or 4 of my drivers, the rest are stock names in the stock liveries. I'm currently working with the DPi and P1 files. With both I've created 10 custom AI drivers with their assigned liveries (and I know this is working because I'vetested each class on its own in a 10 opponent race), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong unless you're amalgamating your 3 classes into one xml, but I can't see how that would work with the file naming nomenclature.
    I'm fairly experienced with modding, so I'm not sure why the game is pulling up so many random drivers in a multi class event when it's 80/90% of the time finding my custom AI drivers in individual class races.

10. Romeo Foxtrot

You should get the same ten each time otherwise there's a naming issue.

If you want to go step by step load one named driver at a time (comment out the other nine) and race against each opponent one at a time. You'll have to exit the game and reload between each driver change. The game reads the custom files at startup only.

If you're using only stock livery_names you can test all of these at once.

If this doesn't work for you, upload the custom AI files and any relevant livery override files and I'll find the issue.

You're using P1s? AJR-Tubarao #5 has had a recent change to its livery_name. The ã has been dropped and the trailing space removed. There were other changes in the class e.g. the Chevy's dropped the V8 in the name and a Judd dropped the V10.

Have you named only 10 AJRs and checked them?

How are you creating the custom AI files?

11. amidsttundra

amidsttundra New Member

Hey man, thanks for your help. I've not been by my laptop for a couple of days. I'm beginning to suspect it's an issue caused by the naming conventions of some of the custom liveries (I really wish folk would stick to a single naming convention) or I've possibly missed a underscore.

I've complicated matters with the P1s because I wanted 2 of each manufacturer. Thus I've made 5 files with two drivers in each. But again, I got 10 drivers out of ten in my single class test race.
    To make the customAI file I'm using a downloaded customAI file as a template in Notepad++ using the template to create my 10 drivers and then delete everything else but leave the closing clauses.

12. Romeo Foxtrot

There are two things to remember about custom liveries. Firstly, the names chosen by the skin developer needn't be used and secondly, if you do use them, you can use copy and paste to get them into your custom AI files or the source of those files (I use an Excel spreadsheet to generate custom AI files).

When I use custom liveries I change the livery_names to suit my own naming conventions or make them the same as the Reiza livery_names. I never use the livery_names that come with texture override files.

The complications with the P1s are quite easy to resolve, really. Give every skin an easy to spot name (I use A_____, B_____, C_____, etc using a formula in the spreadsheet). Load every car - for Ultimas you can load all the cars in the class but for GT4s, where there are more cars available than pit stalls, I do the same with identical cars. It's easy to spot a default driver name quickly, check which skin is affected using the race Monitor and double check the livery_name in the Livery Select screen.

When every livery_name is right I change the driver names to suit and delete driver names from the skins I don't want in the race. Does that make sense?

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Well...
    Disregard my post. The database expert already made his research xD

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is just freaking ninja quality stuff, well done!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

Why are liveries to be deleted?:(

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  16. Coanda

Mainly becuase the Ai will never select them and even though this is true it still would require unnecessary Ai rosters to be created. There are some other reasons too which comes down to time investment and to alleviate some Ui clutter. As vehicles are added to multi vehicle classes it quickly can blow out our hard cap count and that is why they had a little haircut. Any future skin upgrades by our artists which happens regularly, would require too much work for skins that mainly wouldn't see the light of day...

I wouldn't worry too much our artists kept the best ones :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the heads up regarding the livery changes as well as for the encyclopaedic information regarding the additional driver/team performance variables.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Updated original post with information about vehicle_reliability.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello! New on the forum, have been playing the game for some months now and it's my favorite sim by far. I love historic racing, especially F1 and now that mechanical failures are part of the game, this will be the best sim to recreate historic races.
    Question! As we will be able to set the parameter higher than 1, I assume there will be no perfect reliability? Only by turning it off completely? Thanks!

20. Coanda

As of next beta & v1.4 there will be minor alterations to the livery names for the attached vehicles. Please update your custom packs..

Attached Files: