Oval wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rmagid1010, Jul 12, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk anything about oval racing, but obvs a lot of people here do. AMS2 will have Daytona, Jacarepaguá and Gateway racepark (the st louis track?) but i want to know what other indycar or nascar tracks are the best ones for oval racing (i.e. whats the silverstone, spa and monza of oval racing?)

(obvs ik about indy and hopefully that one will come to ams2 as well. Even acc has it and ik they committed sacrilege by not having the oval)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When Racin' USA Pt.2 came out last year I watched the entire 95, 98 and 2000 CART seasons and thoroughly enjoyed the racing.

I really enjoyed the races at Phoenix and Michigan so I'd vote for those. I still can't watch NASCAR (I keep trying but just can't get into it) but now I enjoy open-wheel oval racing. I do enjoy the SRX series though so maybe some paved and dirt short ovals are what we need.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gateway is a massive suprise and one I really like because it's a nearly perfect cross of a Short track and a superspeedway (In indycar terms)

Otherwise you can go 3 directions.
    -1.33 mile or larger ovals (Super speedways in Indycar terms) that are wide and fast like Auto Club, Michigan, Texas (When not covered with PJ1), Kentucky, Homestead, Nashville Super Speedway

-Mile or less (Or just over in some cases) short tracks like Iowa, Richmond, Disneyland Speedway, Dover, New Hampshire, Milwaukee Mile Speedway, Phoenix

-Unique courses that don't really fit anywhere. Pocono, Indy, Nazerath, and Gateway (And Twin Ring which has a identical layout)

So assumung we get Gateway and Daytona (Which Indycars don't race at and was supposed to come out in R-USA pt1) I would say we've got 2-3 more considering Daytona was already done and the short length of a Oval vs a road course. So, my bets, seeing what Reiza has already done...

1 Super Speedway
    -Michigan (If they counldn't get Indy because of MSG, this is the obvious 2nd pick for a Super speedway thanks to the USA 500 and 250mph race speed)
    -Homestead (Lots of road courses used for sportscar racing and created very good racing, hopeful historic version)
    -Autoclub (Michigan copy in Californa, usally the finale for CART)

1 Short track
    -Nazerath (Present on the calendar for all 3 years, Unique in design but still a short track, and a fallen flag of racing)
    -Milwaukee Mile (Classic venue with lots of historical significance)
    -Phoenix (Well liked track and very unique configuration with a hopeful histioric version)

1 historic version of a track (As these tracks changed drastically through the years) OR Indy
    -Phoenix Historic
    -Homestead Historic

Honestly, I would be happy for any mix of these, and I can be hopeful for Pocono making a appearance in R-USA pt 4

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree with Michigan which is a wide track with several possible trajectories. Miami Homestead seems to me to be relevant too: the track was a quadri oval in its beginnings (like Indianapolis but shorter) before being reconfigured into an oval. Phoenix is shorter and will be the final of the NASCAR championship again this year (it was Miami before). In addition, these three tracks are also run in the Nascar championship if Reiza had the good idea to include American Stock car. I will also consider Bristol for Nascar racing. It's a spectacular short track in a Coliseum, the atmosphere is great. Additionally, there is a Bristol Dirt Race that might be suitable for the Extreme Pack DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Taking into account the oval cars that we have (CART 95, 98, 00) then I would say Indianapolis is the most important and historic venue (a 1995 version would be cool). The other ovals that CART consistently raced on throughout it's heyday are Phoenix, Milwaukee, Michigan and Nazareth. So if we could have a few more then I'd vote for those (Phoenix, Milwaukee and Michigan would make a good combo).

If we got those tracks and there was NASCAR (assuming we already have Daytona) then I'd add Bristol and Charlotte (at least).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Miami ?

7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Miami ? Sorry, 2xpost

8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Talladega! Because it's the one i always raced in Nascar Racing '94.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Texas and Indianapolis

10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which Texas? Texas Motor Speedway or Texas World Speedway?

11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Texas Motor Speedway

12. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

13. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's all good, but ideally I'd like one of Indy/Michigan, plus one of Nazareth/Milwaukee/Phoenix (to add to Gateway and Daytona). Can't imagine we will get more than two extras at this point. Might even just be Gateway, Daytona oval plus one other. And historic versions of any ovals would be a nice bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Personally, I'll be disappointed if the DLC doesn't include Gateway and 2 other ovals other than Daytona. Daytona Oval is 99% complete if we consider the existing road version. Moreover, Daytona is already part of a DLC. In my opinion the ideal would be Gateway (1.25mi), Miami (1.5mi + historical versions) and Michigan (2.0mi). Phoenix would also be interesting because the circuit is smaller. In my opinion, the important thing is the diversity of the ovals offered.

15. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Aren't all ovals the same?

I'm joking, I'm joking - please don't kill me :D

I'm not an oval racer, but, I'm quite excited by the prospect of ovals, as long as the AI are sensible and can utilize their tires, pit stops, drafting etc - it could be quite fun, looking forward to what v1.4 has to bring...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm keeping track of votes on a track wishlist thread, but I agree that ovals deserve their own wishlist :)

Right now the closest thing we have to an oval is Jacarepagua CART layout, and I would say that both Daytona and Gateway are in, it's a matter of time before we get them. Let's say that, realistically, the best we could get is 5 more oval tracks in form of DLCs outside the current season pass, so it would be a bigger financial gain for Reiza. My wishlist would be

Indianapolis
    Fontana
    Charlotte
    Dover
    Martinsville

That would bring the oval track count to a total of 8, and would mean having stock car's most important oval track, open wheelers's most important oval track, one fast 2 miler, a very important 1.5 miler, a monster mile, and a classic short track, altogether with Gateway, a 1.25 mile asymetrical track, and Rio being...Rio. It would give variety and personality to the oval side of Reiza, and would be enough to create oval only championships, using all 8 tracks for the schedule.

17. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have never been so excited to drive around in a circle. Really looking forward to how this oval racing may work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

I mentioned Fontana, and then I read the new dev update, I didn't know it was already hinted that it is coming! WOOOOOOOOOOO :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok so Fontana and WWT Raceway are confirmed, as well as Daytona oval and Rio oval support.

However, this thread cant be closed just yet, as we can still speculate on Racin' USA part IV. Whilst I am hoping that that pack will feature Sebring, Road Atlanta and LMDH, my gut feeling is that reiza will make it a stock car racing dlc which means more ovals.

I've done my research and I think I know the tracks which should be brought for part IV:

Charlotte Motor Speedway
    Phoenix Raceway
    Pocono Raceway

These seem to be interesting nascar oval tracks. Whilst I would put Texas Motorway Speedway in the list, apparently Texas has this 'PJ1' problem which I dont think people here wanted simulated in ams2. Whilst Indycar has never raced at Charlotte, Charlotte has the longest race so is a noteworthy track in that regard.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

I stand by my original wishlist

Indianapolis
    Charlotte
    Dover
    Martinsville

:)

• Like Like x 1