Different (lap) times

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wilfred de Ruijter, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

At the moment I use AMS2 quite a lot. But still I don’t know what the difference is beween:
    ‘Best Lap delta’ (a message in the middle of the screen in blue)
    [​IMG]
    and the option to choose from one of the following: Fastest lap, Potential lap en Previous Lap.
    [​IMG]
    I would say that ‘best lap’ and ‘fastest lap’ should show the same time. But quite often I get a red ‘best lap’ and see a green ‘fastest lap’ in a sector of the track.

What is the difference between both times?

2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Wilfred de Ruijter

Yes, that's what I mean. And you also didn't get a lot of replies to your mail:(. So, I guess, nobody knows. And it's very harsh to lose positions due to an unclear timing system. I think it's time for Reiza to explain how this works. Because we all just use it every lap several times.

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the "Fastest lap" delta actually measures against the best lap in the current stint, not the best lap of the session. If you do say a 1:25.0 then return to pits and do a 1:26.0 afterwards, it will measure your delta against 1:26.0 not 1:25.0 even though you are still in the same session. The split times shown however measure correctly against your fastest lap in the session, not just this stint, leading to the discrepancy described.

Also the "potential lap time" is often completely bugged, showing lap times that are one minute faster than what is physically possible.

5. Wilfred de Ruijter

@azaris: Thanks for the explanation. Now, let's see if it makes sense in the way that you described it.

6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I have my own system for this. I turn the HUD off completely, then note whether the other cars are ahead of me or behind me. If they're all behind me, I'm happy. :p

• Funny Funny x 2