IF Reiza gots the Indycar license...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dylan Hale, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So, hypothetically speaking…

Let's say Reiza gets the Indycar license and is asked to make a full Indycar game.What exactly would you want to see? What would be the “Back of the box” details. For the sake of this conversation, this game would be based off the madness engine with all the upgrades seen in AMS 2. Effectively the driving experience would be the same between AMS 2 and Reiza’s Indycar game.

What I would personally like, is a career mode reminiscent of the older EA NASCAR titles where you start in a lower series and work your way up unto becoming a top driver or eventually team owner. So you start in a MX5 (or maybe some Honda Civic Touring Car), then work your way into the Road to Indy Program, and Finally into Indycar proper.

You can choose to run with a team taking the seat of your racing heroes, or start you own team to race alongside them. (With all the team management and sponsor headaches that entails.)

I would like there to be driver retirements, replacements, and injuries. So a driver could have a hard crash 1 week, and then sit out the next race, or have young Road to Indy drivers replace current drivers as the years go on.

I would like there to be track rotations and replacements, Namely Michigan, Pocono, Watklns Glen, VIR, Bell Isle and other non-active but historically visited Indycar tracks that appear randomly in future seasons as you go through the career mode.

Full flag, push to pass, and tire rules, as well as Indy 500 Qualifying procedures

I would also like a 2nd mode called the Brickyard Challenges, where you can relive various epic moments from recent Indycar history. (Malukas’ heroic drive at gateway, Ericson going airborne and coming back to win the race at Nashville, Grosjean tackling Jimmy Johnson at Laguna Seca)

New Brickyard Challenges could come as DLC, and some could go even further back into Indycar history, bringing new cars and tracks to the game to be used in single races and online. CART @ Cleveland, California Speedway, so on.

What's your take,

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Full Road to Indy ladder

3. Dylan Hale

Personally, I'm lukewarm about this just because the Road to Indy is full of the same chassis' with different wings and engine packages. That would get really borning really quickly. Plus RTI doesn't go to enough Ovals.

My Ideal set up, budget aside, would be
    MX5 (or simular entry level road racing car that teaches momentum)
    into
    Radical or Silver Crown (Intro to downforce and oval racing)
    into
    Road to Indy's top level, (Mixing all 3 skills togeather)
    into
    Indycar

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indy Lights + IndyCar + All the tracks they currently race on + Indy 500 qualifying format + Official scheduled races on the same weekend of the real race.

No career mode. No other cars.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dylan Hale

If thats all their going to do then just add it AMS 2 and be done with it. But assuming Reiza got the license to make full Indycar games, I don't think Indycar would accept that.

I would assume Indycar wants a game they could sell on consoles too. Madness can do that afterall and the new consoles have more than enough horsepower to run the game properly now. (Which couldn't be said about Pcars 2) So I would say a career mode of some description is almost mandatory since no one wants a barebones season mode for $60+. (Basically what Nascar 21 ended up being)

Maybe I'm being a little ambitious in including a road car or 2. But f it, this is a wish list.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's easy what I wanted from an Indycar sim by Reiza: all the rules, all the tracks, all the cars. The complete Indycar package. Would be an instant buy, a no brainer for me. Just imagine: a whole sim in AMS2 quality, concentrating on one car / one series. I think this would be awesome.

And if they wanted to make DLC: just add in a early 90s CART + tracks, basically a new version of Indycar Racing 1 / 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Current Indy Car with all the rules, tracks, etcetera.

Plus one notable season from each decade beginning with the 1950s.

Yes, I'm a dreamer, but it would sell like ice water in the desert.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

For me(I’m old) a road to Indy would include what it use to. Midgets, sprints cars, big cars and then Indy. They’d race Indy cars Saturday and Sunday run the “big cars” on the mile tracks on Sunday. If you weren’t versatile you’d be in trouble. That’s ole school baby!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm old too, Don. I'm sold. I'll take your idea! :)