Cant seem to control carts round ovals

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Daniel Green, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Daniel Green

Daniel Green New Member

Hi i had no problem before update but now even in a straight line as soon as i get to 50% throttle cart just spins i use t300 got everything set to 0 sensitivity they just seem really uncountable just wondering if anyone else has noticed this steering is set to 50% but as said earlier throttle set to 0 brake set to 0 also no deadzone on any of above ?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There was another hotfix to address the wheelspin but FUSA are still very understeery, a gremlin sneaked in that set them off a bit too much.

The issues will be addressed with a complementary hotfix, the team needs a break now though, we'll inform you guys in official release thread, when they're good to go again!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Daniel Green

Daniel Green New Member

Thanks for your reply I'll give it another go also is there a separate setup I should use for ovals ?

4. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

There’s the default setup when you load up Fontana. It’s ok, but hopefully this hot fix enables better feel after cranking weight jacker and bars.
    As far as wheel spin, you get that more at higher rpm when the turbo kicks in. Getting off pit lane while the Ai are on rails I’m skating on ice

5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weird, I jumped on an online race with the Gen 2 at Fontana and my experience was backwards: car would go into a spin turning into T3 and would save it from an angle that should have been a wreck. My theory is that loss of DF with yaw is not as big as required for these cars.

6. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

you’re using the Fontana default setup

7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

No, I brought ride heights down, increased bump stops to not let it scrape the floor, reduced front wing and a bit of rear arb. With that last adjustment it stopped spinning, but it's not the point: at some high angles of spinning the car should not be able to be recovered IMO. I would actually like to bring the rear wing down to get higher speeds, as I'm sure the car can go faster. But the minimum angle is capped at 6 in both the Reynard and the Swift.

8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I understand that. The default setup for me pushed like a dump truck, which is understandable for “avg” users. But what you’re saying is like you’ve got a different t version. GPlaps for example put a video out and he had Ai at 120 and his lap times were slower then mine. I thought maybe he was still using the test version since he does beta for them.

9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

With ovals being so sensitive, I think we should state all conditions when we test, maybe there is something else which is affecting the handling. I will tell what I can recall:

I went to a server with USA Gen 2 at Fontana last night, around 22:00 GMT-3 (GRG eSport or something like that was the name), after downloading latest patch, and there was a packed field. Joined with the Swift-Ford, and somehow stuck the car on pole by a good margin, and ran away from the field from flag to flag. I think nobody was tweaking the setup, which I think does not set boost at maximum by default. As it was a 10 lap race, there was no reason to not go bonkers with the engine.

IIRC the skies were clear and time was 10 AM, so track temp was between 30 and 40 degrees. It was during Q (when I joined) that I noticed said behaviour and tweaked the setup to dial it out. The only moment when the car felt truly harsh to control, was in the pits and before speeds went past 200 km/h, but that is to be expected with an asymmetrical setup and tiny wings, the car is geared to be balanced at high speeds only.

10. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

The Reynard Honda is set at 100 boost 80% radiator. Like I’ve said it pushed a lot and conditions with 78f ambient and 114f track condition. I know on rc’s they used from 40-50lbs of boost in rl. I did a 50 lap race in those conditions at 100 boost and didn’t blow up. There’s a lot of work and Reiza is new to ovals, they’ve got group qualifying lol

• Informative Informative x 1