1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed, persistent understeer fast corners (and minor wishlist)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SJors, Aug 29, 2022.

1. SJors

SJors New Member

I have AMS2 since the first public beta, and there is one thing that troubled me from te start. And that is initial understeer in fast corners. It is most noticeable in corners like turn 11 (Kink), road America, turn 4 and 5 (Eau Rouge,Raidillon) at Spa and other corners like these.

I tried everyting in car setup, wheel and FFB setup etc. but I cant fix it. It doesnt feel right and it cost me a boatload of laptime.

Does anybody have tips, car setup wise or other? Would greatly appreciate it!

Or should I reinstall AMS2? I never deleted files after some updates, so maybe that is a possible problem?

And then, little wishlist:

-Car Radar UI
    -Possebility to put car inputs graph on main UI page (throttle, brake, steering inputs)

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a car proximity arrow and an input graph available in the hub attached to the tachometer

• Like Like x 1
  4. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you come off the brakes too early when trail braking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SJors

SJors New Member

A valid point, but it is primarily in fast corners you should not need to break for, only a small lift. Also, vs AI I only loose big in these corners, up to a full second. Online, same issue. I though it was maybe my own fault, but I dont have it in AMS1, ACC, Iracing and RF2. And in other sims I can solve understeer with setup changes.

Thanks for your reply!

6. SJors

SJors New Member

If you put the tachometer on full? Ok, good tip! Did not see that!

7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which car do you need to brake in Eau Rouge?

8. SJors

SJors New Member

Some older cars, like group C. But I only have the extreme understeer problem with corners I dont need to brake, only lift.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really have an issue with the Group Cs at Eau Rouge, a slight lift is enough to push through the understeer. Maybe post an onboard video of it happening (with inputs and speedometer shown)?

10. SJors

SJors New Member

I also have no problems with group C. I have proplems with corners, like Kink on road America that are full throttle normally. Eau Rouge, same problem. The whole field, ai or online, can go full throttle trough those corners, but my car has so much understeer I either lose more then a second, or go off the track. I only have this issue in AMS2.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems that you can't trail brake still with some cars, I tried the new Merc GT4 and on one of the new tracks it just spun me out continually at one corner, that was with a 60/40 brake bias and very light on the brakes.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022