1. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

So, it's been almost 2,5 yrs from release date and the very anticipated 1.4 patch is out, but the AI still can't pit properly. It's crazy, it doesn't seem that difficult to make them use the whole fuel tank if there is still time to spend all of it.

My last attempt:
    - Spa 2022
    - P1 class
    - 90 minutes
    - Tyres/fuel "accelerated" (2x the realistic setting I suppose).
    - AI @ 120% strength and max. aggressiveness.

This race should require 2 pitstops, maybe 3. The best AI did 5 pitstops! I checked the replay, and there wasn't any damage or contact in the laps prior to the pitstops to justify that.

Any hope this will ever be fixed? All this good content related to endurance race doesn't make any sense with the AI in this state.

The paragraph bellow from "August 2022 Development Update" made me believe this problem was being addressed. Is this yet to be implemented for some reason?

upload_2022-8-29_12-24-40.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

Better doesn't equal fixed ;)

3. Luciano Santos Filho

Five pitstops in 90 minutes may well be worse than it was before.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How many pitstops would they usually do in 90 minutes on real life?

5. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

it's 90 x however much the accelerated fuel use and tyre wear is, which it doesn't say what the "accelerated setting" is, but the AI seem to struggle on strategy more with fuel and tyre wear higher than realistic

6. Luciano Santos Filho

It doesn't matter, because I had accelerated fuel consumption (a valid option in the game, which the AI should be able to handle) turned on. I could finish that race, in the same car, doing 3 pitstops.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But that is my point, let's say they were to do 2 pitstops in real life over that distance then with fuel use and tyre wear at 2x you would expect 4 in game over that same distance.
    I use fuel and tyres at 5x speed for 30 min races and the AI usually do 2 stops.

8. Luciano Santos Filho

Sorry, but I don't think it makes sense to compare it with real life. Brazilian prototypes don't race at Spa.

Anyway, if you want to consider it, then the Metalmoro AJR IRL pits roughly every 60 minutes. So with accelerated consumption, it should be possible to do this race with 2 maybe 3 pitstops. (Pitting every 30min or so). Never 5.

But I think it makes more sense to compare the AI with the player racing in the same conditions. And I could do this race with 3 pitstops. I could probably do it in 2, but I gave it a large margin knowing that the AI usually doesn't make the better strategy in AMS2.

So, whatever way we look at it, it doesn't look good.