Reiza Membership packages now in offer - what they are and why join

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The beta key also holds your entitlement to the DLC packages so you will need to activate it on Steam to receive those when they are released.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hey, thx dave. could u be so kind and repeat once again what the process was to claim a beta key? for backers i mean

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You should use it to activate the DLCs - it will also list AMS Beta in your Steam library but if you´re not interested in that you can just not install it.

Keep in mind though you dont have to actively participate in beta testing - you´re welcome to just use the beta to give the new cars & tracks an advance run when they make it into the beta :)

Backers should have received the beta keys in their email around the time the campaign ended (check if it´s not in your SPAM box). If you are a backer and somehow haven´t received your beta key yet, please send me a PM with the email you used in the campaign and I´ll sort it out for you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OK my turn now for dumb question. So I should install beta even though I have early access? No problem if so just wanted to make sure.

...and then how will it work? Will I get DLC through Early Access / v1.0 version and I only need to have beta installed to get DLC / discount on DLC?

To clarify, I HAVE activated the Steam key for beta but decided not to actually INSTALL the beta version of the game. Do I need to install it too?

5. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How long will the current DLC pack offer/price last ? Become more expensive with every DLC released or smth like that ?

Thanks

6. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

Oh Yes... oh yes guys... it's Christmas time!!! :D

7. Hippie R

Hippie R DigiRace AMS2 Club Member

Great news and good work. I hope you do not forget the feedback from your fans, this is very important for the future of this great driving simulator.

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista Beta is a "private" title on Steam for campaign backers (and now also for reiza members), separate from the release AMS. AMS Beta receives more continuous updates, development & new content before these are 100% ready for the public version - generally it´s a version of AMS that´s most of the time a little ahead in development, sometimes by days, sometimes by weeks.

So if we having that sort of advanced access interests you, you might want to install the beta. If not, or if you rather just play with stuff that´s completely finished, you might prefer to give it a pass.

Prices (both for the membership packs as well as AMS itself) will probably be upgraded a couple of times before the end of Early Access (so before the initial DLC release). Membership packs will always represent a discount over the content purchased individually, but the best deal is undoubtedly the one in offer now.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jillthanor

Jillthanor New Member

Sorry if its already was asked, but is there a way to buy this without Paypal?

10. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

+1. Would be nice to be able to get membership upgrade directly via Steam (atleast in my case). Will it be possible?

12. yippssy

yippssy New Member AMS2 Club Member

What's exactly Reiza 51?

Is this a development forum of Automobilista beta? Is Reiza51 a new game?

Whith the $19.99 Upgrade, will Automobilista owners get access to a Steam license of a future release of a new game different from Automobilista? or access to Reiza51 is access to a development forum?

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And ...
    ... what's the difference between Automobilista Beta and Automobilista Early Access?

Sorry if it has already been answered.

14. Name

Name New Member

Marketing.

Seriously they keep marketing this private app or whatever.
    Instead of just handing out a beta access password. For the earlyaccess app.
    Also I don't even understand the point about separating the two version.

I strongly believe this is just marketing move. So they can offer one more thing in the reiza membership plan.

See? http://i.imgur.com/rP6lkOa.png?1

15. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry again; I'm somehow not able to edit my posts. :-(

What I mean is ...
    I've now installed both Automobilista (Early Access) and Automobilista Beta.
    Will AMS (EA) stay in Version - let's say - 0.8.6r even AMS Beta is in 0.8.8 or will both versions (EA and Beta) be the same?
    I hope that some of you will understand my question because I'm (unfortunately) not able to pose it any better.

16. Name

Name New Member

So some may find my comment offensive or whatever.
    So I'm asking reiza.
    Why not patreon?

Some say that automobilista is a flop. Also you sell the membership for 20$ for those who already got the ams for free. And it's basically you pay 20$ for the game if you see in this way..

So why don't you set up a patreon? You could get monthly payment form supporters. I support a few game developer on patreon and it's great. 100-200 people on small projects can donate huge amount of money.

Here is an example project: patreon.com/Fortresscraft
    This guy get paid for every patch he make.
    So he is trying to make a major patch / month. And then he create a post on patreon and patreon charge all the supporters.
    The supporters can set up limit on the money. So creators can't rip them off.
    Also this guy asked for private dlc codes like you. And he created a few skin for donators and done. Everyone is happy to support him. Because many understand that you can't live on air.

So I'm suggesting this to you reiza.
    Set up a patreon ask private dlc code. Hand them out by hand. And keep adding skins to the supporter dlc. Like exclusive patreon car skins.
    I would support you too.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It has nothing to do with marketing.
    If you can't understand the difference between a closed beta and early access..... well... can't help you...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Name

Name New Member

fail XD

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, you fail to understand :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Grinkit

Grinkit New Member AMS2 Club Member

If you agree with some that say automobilista is a flop why you would want to support Reiza? I struggle to understand that