Formula USA Gen. 1 - what Turboboost for a 90 min race?!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Maddin71287, Aug 10, 2022.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

It's an interesting coincidence, but when you do a specific track, you tend to have a consistent shifting pattern lap after lap. F-USA G1 doesn't have built-in auto blip on downshifts so if you don't blip when downshifting it will slowly wear the gears. In general the lower gears have more rev matching to do so those are the first ones to go. So engine wear and gear wear end up being in sync to a degree, but not connected at all.

This happened to me as well in a 90min Laguna Seca race. I lost 2nd at around 50 minutes where it started popping out of it back to 1st when I applied torque. I didn't remember about the lack of auto-blip going into the race. Afterwards I checked with the team and also double checked it with diagnostics that this is the case if you don't blip.

There are a few sequential gearbox cars in the game that don't have auto blip. Of course none of what I wrote applies directly if you had auto clutch enabled. Then it's curious again as that will also auto blip and auto lift for you if the car doesn't have those features built-in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

Thanks Mate!!!
    That must be the problem! I don‘t have auto clutch enabled and i don‘t blip when downshifting. So now it makes all Sense!

Thank you so much, for bringing me on the right way and showing me the awesomeness of ams2.

So, in my first post i asked am i too stupid or is it a bit buggy…
    We all know now, that i was too stupid :D
    I apologize for causing troubles. I really appreciate, that you take your time, to get this solved,even that there was nothing to solve, except my driving ;)
    I am really looking forward to give that f-usa gen.1 another try with this knowledge now :)
    Thanks!!!

P.S. I will erase my video from YouTube

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

No need to for it to be that black and white as I can see why it was easy to assume that the little wear icon and % caused you trouble early :). Something we can read into for future HUD improvements or generally informing our players about detail like this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’d prefer no data about the car until the run or race is over. Those cars didn’t have any black boxes to relay that information to the team or driver

5. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

I am a Petrolhead now for over 30 years, but i did not know, that there are sequential gearboxes where the driver need to blip.
    And guess what, AMS2 simulates this.
    So again thanks for bring this Knowledge to me.
    I know you guys at Reiza are super busy, so i really appreciate this kind of service. I owe you a beer… or two :)
    We probably will never met in real life, so when you tell me your paypal i can send you a digital one ;)

The idea to tell the players about those details is not the baddest one. Not just for the awereness, even for marketing reasons, about how deep and detailed this simulator is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roninho

Roninho New Member

Any advice for the boost setting for the 2000 cart cars? I set it on 35 in the race but then the ai simply blast by on the straights at Road America.

I do real/full laps races so would like to have a competitive boost but with a good chance that the engine survives

7. Scotty22

Scotty22 New Member

Hello Racers,
    I need to bump this thread again, cause I have a very similar issue, but with the Formula USA 2023. And the solution with the auto-blip confuses me even more...

So, I have a custom Indycar-championship with 350km races at road-courses (about 90-120min race-time), and round about the 300km mark in the race my gearbox drops one of the lower gears on acceleration, until I can't upshift higher than gear 2. Engine wear is at 8-10 % every time it happens, but the further I think about it, I have more and more doubts that this is related to this gearbox issue. I even thought about a test-race with reduced boost until i read this thread and the possible solution... The stock turbo boost in the setup is at 90% and I never really touched it. The oval race at Fontana, I did, went without problems with the same engine-wear

Now, the Formula USA 2023 is a modern indycar with auto-blip and not very comparable to the Gen1-3. Has anyone an idea what the issue can be? Or anyone experienced something similar?