The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Wayne Whitmore well I can't thank you enough for this insight. It has utterly transformed the experience for me. I was so excited I kept trying different combos until my poor old muscles got tired and ached. I used all the best superlatives before so now I'm just speechless and humbled at how informative the FFB now is. Funnily while trying things out I kept thinking, this can't be right, the cars have far too much grip, but lap times were still pretty much the same til I realised it is the feeling coming through the wheel giving a much more realistic sense of grip and everything the car is doing. Wonderful. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

@neal & @Wayne Whitmore Thank you both.

I'd been using Default+ and various in-game settings and had given up on this game as just wasn't 'feeling' it. Vastly improved reverting to Default & 45 Gain and placing all in-game effects to 0.

In SC just have GFFB & GFFB-E at 100%.

Am I missing anything?

• Like Like x 1
  3. neal

I'm using these basic settings in SC4
    upload_2022-7-2_17-18-31.png

4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perfect advice! (Accu V1 here)
    Just did a stint in the Macca GT1 at Silv91 and Jerez and it was sublime.
    40 Gain all others 0.
    The new stiffer tire carcasses are a revelation. :hurrayreiza:
    Thanks Wayne!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks guys , great to hear others getting such a rewarding experience with the Accuforce Wheel.
    So underrated IMO. The greatest like for me is that I can go form sim to sim (and I have a few LOL) and I can keep such a similar driving feel for all of them. The wheel does all the work of transmitting what the game thinks the car is doing to me.
    @Magus no you are not missing anything. As chef would say salt to taste so you could see if any of these refinements are to your liking.
    Important for all cars is to use the per car FFB setting. Mine range from 70 to 85

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. neal

@Wayne Whitmore by per car FFB setting do you mean the in-game gain value?

7. Wayne Whitmore

@neal
    Yes mate that is the one. Adjusted in the setup for each car or if you map keys or buttons you can adjust while driving each car.

• Like Like x 1
  8. neal

yes, I have a rotor control on my wheel mapped for that.

9. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Yeah I must agree, I no longer use Default+ either, just default with 55 gain and some minor tweaks in SC4. Depending on the wheel you use, it can also alter your gain. I find with default AccuForce wheel I used less gain, with my new wheel I use a lot more gain. New wheel has smaller radius and a lot lighter.

10. neal

yes, I'm not using the default Accuforce wheel, I have the Fanatec Formual V2 which is also lighter and smaller diameter.

11. neal

Any of you fellow Accuforce owners taken the outer cover from the wheel base off to clean inside? I notice there is a lot of dust accumulated in there now and I'm concerned this may be the case with the working innards too.

edit: well I needn't have worried, I decided to have a look on YT to see if there was something there and of course, there is Barry the Hair from SRG doing one of his reviews which are excellent btw if you've never seen one. There seems to be very little that can be clogged up with dust apart from the inside of the fan in the power supply which is inside the control box. For the wheel base itself it looks pretty much completely sealed apart from the little sensor unit fitted to the rear end of the shaft of the wheel's motor.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

Do you guys feel tire flat spots?
    I felt it a few weeks ago in the Brazilian Stock Cars for the first time. It lasted a couple days and now it's gone. I don't remember what were my settings then.
    Now, I tried the Stock cars, USA Gen 2 and MCR S2000 and no flat spot effects.
    Maybe it's limited to Default+?

13. neal

Haven't tried recently but no is my answer nor do I remember ever doing so, certainly nothing like you get in RF2. I remember they could be so bad and vibrate my wheel so violently that I would be forced to do a pit-stop and change tyres.

14. Wayne Whitmore

For me definitely yes , all cars some more obvious than others. Pro Car is a good one to use to check. I go to SPA lock up brakes leaving the pits and then flat spots start to be felt. Locking up more on the down hill straight brings them out even more. By the third lock they are easily felt.
    What I am missing is any graphical impression of the tyre being damaged with a flat spot. Driving open wheelers should be able to easily see tyres with flat spots but none appear.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. neal

What flavour of FFB are you using?
    edit: yesterday I was testing out the McLaren GT1 at historic Imola and locked the brakes quite a few times but can't honestly say I felt anything. I'm using the Reiza default FFB and in game gain of 35, the other parameters are all 0. I use SC to launch the game and using whatever default settings SimExperience provides through SC 4.

16. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

I'll try this scenario tonight with the Pro Car at Spa and report back.

17. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

Yep. I can feel the flat spots with the M1 Pro Car at Spa. It's too bad it doesn't work with all cars.

18. Wayne Whitmore

Yeh same for in game settings SC4 settings as below
    upload_2022-8-31_20-47-27.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wayne Whitmore

FX slider will amplify the feeling if you would like it to feel stronger.

20. JF Gagne

JF Gagne New Member

Yes I tried it too but was not impressed so I returned it to 0. I also tried Low Force Boost but didn't like it. I gave another chance to Default+ but it's amazing how I don't want all that noise now that I'm used to the more streamlined Default setting. I'll stick to Default with the 7% Lateral G-Force as you suggested for now. Flat spot effects would be nice but it's not worth all the other interference...

• Agree Agree x 2