1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. carloscepinha

carloscepinha New Member

It is funny for me AMS2 on the G923 ffb was pretty good out of the box with the Default+ setting with the Gain at 93 and LFB at 12 and FX at 30. I could feel so much of the car with such little effort I was impressed. AC, RF2, AMS2 feel kinda great for me. RRRE is kinda vague and unpredictable and sometimes I don't even feel the car loosing grip on slides or lockups or rear wheel spin oversteer. In AMS2 all of that is as clear as water. Even then I came to check on custom ffb files because I never know what I'm missing if I don't try it. (For me, AC and ACC ffb was a bit of a wild mistery to solve in trying diferent configs and only when I got a rasmus Lut file for G920 that FFB became cleaner and more precise and informative.
    Funny that is exaclty the diference I feel from Default to Default+ in AMS2 ffb, def+ making the center less saturated when turning slightly and making the lower and stronger things more separated and detailed. Overall gives a bigger sense of precision and confidence.
    I'm about to try the ATMOS 5.0.1.4

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:;):)

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Ive lost the great FFB from earlier on, ive tried again so man different settings in both default and default + but understeer is gone, the feeling of the wheel loosing weight as the car pushes through the corner and also road texture is basically no existent now. Ive even started increasing LFB to 50+ and FX to 80 but sadly i think im going to have to look to some custom FFB files now.
    Why has the FFB that was so great been toned down so much now? I guess this is a by product of the new tyres but it is a loss for the FFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Now that V1.4+ has dropped, and Reiza is busy hotfixing various issues identified with its widespread deployment, the overall physics & FFB across AMS2 should soon reach Reiza's "mature" target. With that achieved, Reiza ought to able to standardize, for lack of a better word, the state of FFB. The array of customizable FFB options in AMS2 is notably more complex than AMS1--as it should be--but some users will no doubt find a Reiza-authored "AMS2 Configuration Guide.pdf" useful. Until then, certain cars in AMS2 may be among the greatest experiences in sim racing while others may feel somewhat odd in comparison. Keep in mind, AMS2 simulates numerous dynamic factors, so much of the perceived variability in the AMS2 driving experience is simply novel stimuli we are unaccustomed to having replicated in a sim.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

:oops:

6. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I have a DD1, but prefer to discuss settings 'in the open' so other DD1 owners can benefit and contribute :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Yes, yes, when we had the result my idea was publish it here, of course jejeje. That I would like to know are some references of steering torque of several cars, or one without power steering for example, because I think DD1 can show the torque value in real time in the dash. We have to take account that we have two or three torque adjusting bars available (driver, options menu in-game and specific FFB of the car in the garage), so thats why I liked to talk about it in private first, but no problem, we can make calculations from the reference data.

8. torsteinvh

This spreadsheet from @Coanda has a column called 'Steering Wheel Torque':
    AMS2 v.1.3.2.1 - Extended Car Info v1.0.30
    It has values for quite a few cars.

9. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

In this sheet I don't see the steering torque values. I saw the steering torque values of some cars in a similar sheet, but in this case are the real values and considering the column force in iRacing or something like this. The data that I miss is the value showed in the DD1 dash and compare it for example with the measured value with an F3 in Barcelona track, where it reaches 23/24 Nm in the third long turn, for example. I don't know if I'm explaining well, sorry for my poor English...

10. torsteinvh

Ah, OK. Then I misunderstood your question :)
    My DD1 display is blocked by my monitor, otherwise I could have gotten some values for you :(

11. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Don't worry, is my bad English... :/ Blocked by your monitor...? Well, if you have some data sure that it will be useful, and maybe other people can help with more information. :D

12. torsteinvh

Yes, I have my monitor between the wheel base and the wheel, so it blocks the view of the display on the wheelbase...

13. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Am getting serious vibrations on my wheel (T500)coming out the pits or on certain parts of a track, any idea what the cause is or how I can resolve this?

Control Panel FFB 60%
    In-game FFB 80%
    LFB 15
    fx 20
    Individual car ffb

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  14. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Ahh okok :D

15. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I have no idea. Maybe you have the Effects bar at high value in options? Or try to delete the FFB configuration file and reset the configuration. Or don't know... :/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  16. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Fanatec wheel base DD2
    Scaling set to peak
    FFB Strength 36, FEI 90 and Force Effect strength 100. Everything else wheel related ZERO! Brake options whatever you fancy and spring keep to 100 so it matches ams2 menu recentering spring strength.
    Reiza car specific strength gain 94%
    Default Flavour
    Gain 36 LFB 0 FX 0 Damping 16
    Default + Flavour
    Gain 30 LFB 0 FX 0 Damping 24

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  17. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

And how many Nm do you get with these configurations? As more torque references we have more accuracy we could get to adjust our FFB to real values. :D

18. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

hello,
    I've been looking for a custom FFB setting that would make the wheel oscillate a bit when I brake hard. I.e: weight transfer on the front wheels. for those who use RF2, that effect is well represented in that game. I use a VRS base. (DD 20nm set at about 12-13NM)