FANATEC CSW V2.5 Settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RoloFuentes, Aug 31, 2022.

1. RoloFuentes

RoloFuentes Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello!!
    Until now I'm happy with the old setup, but has been a while, and maybe someone has found a better setup or has made a custom setup that could be amazing.

if you are happy with your setup and if it is different from the fanatec recommended setting or if you are using a custom file could you share it?

I still think this wheelbase can deliver a very good experience for a long long time before falling into the DD wheels... long life to this amazing wheel!

Until now using the recommended settings and the "+" flavor

Thanks!!

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From my signature:
    Default FFB: 50/0/50/0/20 Fanatec settings: SEN auto, FF 050, DRI off, FEI 70, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR off, BLI 090, BRF 050

I basically have used these settings since late 2020 and haven't touched them since then. I'd say that DRI and FEI are the most important settings to get right. In Fanatec's official recommended CSW2.5 settings for AMS2 which was made early in 2020 when the AMS2 FFB was all over the place, their DRI setting dampens the wheel too much (and also: AMS2 now has its own Damping setting which is tuned to each car instead of being global)

If the wheel self-oscillates too much, turn down the Gain or increase Damping.

I don't think that Default+ gives much more useful info on the CSW2.5 than what is already there with Default, but rather that Default+ is for Fanatec CSL, Thrustmaster, Logitech, etc. So if you're looking for more informative FFB you may have to start exploring Custom FFB files, or spend some time in AMS2 learning what the FFB tells you (and what it doesn't tell you).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Default+: 65/15/10/0/0
    Fanatec settings: DRI -2

or

Default+: 65/15/10/30/0
    Fanatec settings: DRI off

Do both work well for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After reading Marc's message about FFB I went back to the drawing board last night, deciding to let the game have 100% from the wheelbase and adjust all settings inside the game. Made a night and day difference for me. I can feel the front-end load up again.

With F1 Carbon Wheel

Default FFB: 35/0/20/0/20 Fanalab settings: SEN AUTO, FF 100, DRI off, FEI 100, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR off

With BMW Wheel
    Default FFB: 45/0/20/0/20 Fanalab settings: Same as above

Fanalab Vibration Tab
    Wheel Vibrations OFF

Fanalab Dynamic FFB Tab
    All OFF

Edit: just for clarity, this is on my CSW 2.5

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoloFuentes

I know there is a huge thread about this issue, but not specific to this wheelbase, I really don't know if there is a big difference or not between them (T300, Logitech, V2, etc) but I have had always the doubt.

While racing, on a turn you have the FFB from the wheel, and you can feel dust, bumps, and irregularity on the grip...

Then comes the odd stuff, when the situation is the grip comes and goes, you can feel it in the wheel (understeer) and when the tail becomes happy or sliding (oversteer), you can also feel it, in different ways..., same as when you have a wheel on the air (front or rear, the feeling is different). Same as when you break, the wheel feels harder, and when you accel, lighter... you can feel the weight transfer (sometimes)..

I have try the rfuktor file and both default + and default. If there could be a mix of the feeling of the default +, plus the details that you can find on rfuktor and default + would be great. Overall I like much more default +

Why do some use DRI on -2 and others OFF

6. Marius H

With Dri -5 to -1 you use the damper from the driver itself.
    With Dri off you can use the ingame damper without both conflicting.
    Its what you prefer.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Somehow I can to these settings and they seem to feel good on most cars I've driven lately.
    This is for CSWv2 with on wheel settings at
    SEN Auto
    FFB 100
    DMP 100
    SPR 100
    DRI 0.

In game
    Gain 75
    LFB 20
    FX 80
    Damp 69
    Menu strength 0.

This was tested on a 270mm round rim and 320mm Porsche rim.

8. RoloFuentes

On an easy way... what would be DAMPER??

9. Marius H

Just test it out. Turn on your base. Just sitting there. Then go into the tuning menu of Fanatec driver or the wheel itself. Put Dri on -5. It's heavy. Put it on Dri -2 it's less heavy. Put it on off; There not resistance. It's so some selffriction.

10. RoloFuentes

I thought it was a bit more complicated because some values might cause oscillation, maybe was some algorithm behind that setting more than a constant restriction (selffriction as you menyion)... I change them a few times and try it... I felt like was something more than that behind it, I was wrong.
    For what you say, seems to be something like the friction of the whole steering system and stering rack

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it