Unable to use manual shifting

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Crazy Robots, Sep 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Crazy Robots

Crazy Robots New Member

This used to work but ever since some update I am unable to use any control for manual shifting. Automatic shifting works. Keyboard or wheel assignments do not work, even though the user interface accepts the control assignments. I've reinstalled the game, deleted some config files, problem persists. Thanks for any advice.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Try setting up your hardware with Wheel "Make" "Custom" in the controls settings. You will need to remap your whole setup, so better save a new control preset of the 5 you can save for a test.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crazy Robots

Crazy Robots New Member

Thanks for the reply but there isn't an option to make a new custom setup. All I see is several "user setups", the one I already have customized for my csl dd, and the options to edit name, copy from another preset, or reset to defaults.

I tried again using another of the presets (it was for controller), setting it to wheel etc., manual shifting, mapping the actions as usual, and everything is exactly the same, it doesn't work. And in addition it doesn't recognize the actions of some of the buttons/switches on my Fanatec Mclaren gt3 wheel.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please use a new "USER CONTROL PRESET" (on top) and set the options in the red square are to what you see on the screenshot and map your settings, then try again.
    20220905225407_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crazy Robots

Crazy Robots New Member

OK thanks I didn't understand, that fixed it