HUD elements unable to be selected/moved in VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Nooncha, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Nooncha

Nooncha New Member AMS2 Club Member

HUD elements unable to be selected/moved in VR

So I somehow dragged and dropped my Tach element offscreen and it is no longer selectable. I play in VR, but am still able to move the elements normally when not in VR. Moving it when playing on the monitor, saving it and then going to VR does not keep the hud element location from when I was playing on the monitor. The mouse cursor is also misaligned. Where the mouse cursor is is not where its being selected when I click, it is much higher. As you can see in the video, the two elements at the bottom right are unable to be moved.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I tried resetting to default already and what you see on the screen is the default. That setting seemed to have changed the elements themselves from minimal to full, and not the location of the boxes themselves. I also tried using nvidia surround and changing the screen resolutions, and the most I was able to do was one time get the tach box red, but again the mouse location was not indicative of where it was selecting, so I was unable to get the box moved at all. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

2. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I ve Read this is a bug since Pcar2. The pin point to select the element is not aligned with the widget . I have the same issue with some others as well.

However There is some you cannot move

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nooncha

Nooncha New Member AMS2 Club Member

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Yeah, elements at the bottom right are unmovable/selectable. I tried downloading some hud mods for vr that moves the hud closer/further away, but that unfortunately didn't help with the issue.

4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

You can still make some adjustement to make the hud on VR more comfortable

I did reply on this in an another post

VR and HUD

5. Walter R

Walter R New Member

I literally just signed up to let you guys know I may have cracked this. I use a Quest 3 for VR, in my settings I have the headset resolution set at 4707*2528 which comes out as 1.5x (whatever that means?). If I wind it down to the recommended resolution giving me a reading of 1.0x I am able to load the game, set my HUD, save it, then reload my headset with my previous resolution settings.

upload_2024-10-22_18-26-1.png