1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Low force boost does not contribute to clipping as it's only active when the total output force is below a certain limit. Furthermore, 100 LFB does not equal maximum output torque either. It's capped at somewhere around 25% of the maximum torque as you can observe from the histograms (there will be a very tall bar somewhere in the middle indicating the level at which LFB is applied).

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I agree, the Reiza settings are very light and I don't feel a lot with them, obviously they are just a baseline and you tweak from there but I find Maurice's much better straight out of the box, good feel and I can pick up many details that I don't get with the Reiza settings.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please check your version number in main menu bottom righthand corner and post here?

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Useful info in your post. Azaris
    @Domagoj Lovric Perhaps in your OP you could add full official info on the histograms/graphs feature..Pls
    (its been mentioned before somewhere though is hard to find and time consuming, but here would save people looking for info about the functions of the display.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TKracer

TKracer Member

FFB is subjective for sure.
    I've tried several custom FFB files and its just laughable bad.
    Default+ is great imo.

Also how people set up their simucube. Running super low friction and inertia "to make it less slugish"

Like for real, have anyone of you ever touched a real steering wheel? Its quite heavy and sluggish with lots of inertia when moving it. I have no idea why people set them up to feel so light and "quick".

Guess what im saying is, try out stuff and run what you think feels good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Can not agree more

Been using 100% in the TM control panel on my TSPC RACER for 4yrs without issue
    I wouldn’t see the point of downgrading the torque potential of my wheel for all the reasons you correctly explained

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Who is Maurice ? And Where is the FFB file?
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

9. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you.
    I didn't realize they were fanalab profiles.
    And the custom profile is from Danielkart, which I already use, and it's true that it's excellent.

10. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

With Fanatec DD, Natural damper and friction turned off sure feels more detailed and better, but on high FFB, i found some cars like the retro F1 cars may be a bit unsafe if you turn them off. When you go over some of the bumps on the sausage kerbs like in spa/ It could really injure someones arm or shoulder when you go over them at high speed. Thats just at a 13-14 nm jolt. Imagine a 15+ and the wheel would probably just be knocked out of hands.

This is even with 70-80% Force Intensity. I prefer to stay at least 70 as below that, the details start to get more lost.

A bit of the Fanalab constant damping helps to feel more confident but even then you might need to adjust the amount to minimise bad behaviour in those instances.

I feel the bumps in AMS2 are super jolty in some cars, and knock your wheel like crazy if the fanalab Constant damper/inertia isnt on, wish they could decrease that even at the expense of some realism. As it can be unplayable on formula rims which are especially forceful when they get knocked.

What I've resorted to doing is just creating a Fanlab profile for say modern cars like F-Ultimate which are fine over the bumps, so then removing all or most of the Natural damper makes them feel tons better.

For the older cars like the Retro, use a profile with added Natural damper and friction to keep the behaviour stable, but i guess that mostly applies if your overall FFB is high on the DD wheel and are experiencing the jolts even after decreasing Force Intensity somewhat

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Lots of posts and questions, i'll try to give answers.

Speaking of this, this will be updated. It is true at the moment, in some situations, especially sausage curbs and crashing into walls, erratic jolts can occur.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

thanks for response
    Silly me it was a click to left hiding there ,

Cheers again

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

Hi everyone,

I have read all the discussion and many others posts... but in the end.. what do you suggest as settings for T300 (CP and in-game).
    Do I have to use custom FFB file or default+ is better?

I know that's a personally choice but I will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance!

14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try my suggestion on the previous post. I currently prefer certain custom files over default+

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Build:V1.4.1.3
    T300
    CP Driver:
    Gain 75
    Constant 100
    Periodic 100
    Spring 100
    Damper 100
    In game: Default+
    Gain 74
    LFB 9
    FX 47
    Damp 37
    This is what i suggest, there is very little clipping in some cars in high speed corners and depending on tracks, hope it helps
    EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

My primary goal with the wheel is to feel when the weight has begun to transfer to the outside wheels so that I can then crank on the steering. I also want to feel it go light when I start to understeer. I set my TX (which I think is the same as a T300, but for XBox with 75/100s in the TM Control Panel and then used:

IN_GAME:
    Gain: 75
    LFB: 10
    FX: 50
    Damping: 40

With Default+. I did several laps at Spa and I can really feel it load up as I go up the hill from Eau Rouge into Radillon as well as halfway through Pouhon.

I've tried various custom files, but I like using out-of-the-box functionality whenever possible.

• Like Like x 3
  17. theF1man

theF1man Member

Cool, should i choose the Thrustmaster settings for my T248 or go for the G29 settings as its pretty similar with the FFB?

18. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

Wow! stunning settings. Very enjoyable and precise steering.

Just a little question...

Why this choice in the CP? I never took care about it and I always followed the "recommended" suggestion...

upload_2022-9-7_19-40-22.png

19. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

finally, been waiting for that so long. thanks guys.

20. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly not sure and just switched it based on Reiza’s suggestion in first post of this thread. Didn’t notice any difference with it set either way.