1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Thanks, I tried "LOW" to no avail, maybe lower case will work, but the #s are what I need, as the old % setting works as high at the moment.

2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

So for "DamageScale" does that mean Default = Medium? Meaning Default and medium are the same?

3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Yes, It was put this way so that the lowest value (0), which is the default isn't Low (1)

• Like Like x 1
  4. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

is there a way to export results for a league? either using the in game setup or dedi server? if not it's pretty useless for leagues

5. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but only when using a dedi. In game hosting does not produce a result file as of yet.. the file is named sms_stats_data & lives or is created in one of the lua. files on the ded.. Its a single file that builds as you go adding event after event to the same file so it can grow to be pretty large if you don't delete it & start over now & then!. We parse ours via time stamps to separate the events & they also can be viewed at simresults.net

6. WhippyWhip

ok thanks, hopefully they add a results file from normal hosted races, it would open accessablitiy so much for people to start leagues, or do what f1 games do and have the league literally built into the game ui

7. WhippyWhip

i just tried using a server and it didn't show in the server browser despite in running, it was visable last night, is this still a bug? if so this makes it impossible to run a league

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Havent had that issue for a long time, we use JustRace as a platform for our league, with a practice server thats running 24/7, but the last weeks no issues with people not being able to see the server

9. WhippyWhip

how much control do reiza have over the multiplayer side of it? i'm really hoping it's not whatever the madness engine had when they licenced it and thats it, the physics are now amazing all it needs now is a mulitplayter system to do it justice,

having a results file from hosting a multiplayer race from the game is a simple thing that would go a long way for leagues

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i really hope that the next changelog has an multiplayer section in it.

Resultsfile for ingame lobby would be nice, although i think a lot of leagues use a different platform to run it on, with a dedi server, we are very happy with justrace.net, you get a nice website where you setup your events, and with their server manager, there is no need to mess with config files, after each session results are uploaded, and they have their own rating system, on top of that they support all major sims, apart from iracing.

I dont see us leaving that platform anytime soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

We just tested our DS last night and no issues with it showing up in the multiplayer browser list.
    We wanted results files as well, so I basically learnt how to use the PCars2/AMS2 Dedi Server. I got pretty familiar with it. However, now I've moved to using Emperor Servers AMS2 server manager and it works very well. It removes the complexity of config files and I don't see myself going back unless it becomes unsupported.

Yea I don't see Reiza being able to make the change for peer to peer multiplayer being able to save results as file as, that might be more of an SMS/Madness engine thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. WhippyWhip

yeah i worked it out, have to use the exe file instead of starting it through steam

i now understand the config files and can set it all how i want now

• Like Like x 1
  13. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Hi there! I was looking about it but I can't find it on forum.. sorry.. its about DateProgression config on server.cfg...
    PracticeDateProgression, Qualy, RaceDateProgression .. on the admin console it appears like Time Progression and you can slect options between 2x 5x 10x etc...
    On the server.cfg file I'm trying using PracticeDateProgression..

it says on description:
    "Race date/time progression multiplier. Only some values between 1 and 60 are valid, the game might change the requested value to closest valid one."

So, I use "RaceDateProgression" : 10, but nothing happens when I load server.. it keeps on Time Progression: Real Time... I tried different values 5 10 20 30 but it doesn't changes when server loads... Maybe it is too easy to solve and I can't see the mistake..

Thanks!

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@kmikiwi tested here with no issue. Could you please attach your full server.cfg file please? (remove any passwords you have in there first)

15. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Hi Dave, yeah here it goes.. thank you.

Attached Files:

16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@kmikiwi your config has sms_rotate lib enabled. You'll either need to do your setup in 'lua_config/rotate_config.json" or remove the 'sms_rotate' element from 'luaApiAddons' in server.cfg to do all the configuration there

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Ohh ... yup! you was right, I was ignoring rotate_config.json because until now it works fine each config into server.cfg... now I just add these lines into the rotate_config

"PracticeDateProgression" : 10,
    "QualifyDateProgression" : 10,
    "RaceDateProgression" : 10,

And it works! thank you so much! I'll make more tests to learn more ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Hi again!! it's just me? or I can't find the code ID in API list for Fontana Auto Club Oval for .cfg server... I tried searching fontana, auto club, speedway, oval... but it doesn't appear...

View attachment 22814

19. drak64

drak64 New Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Thank you, for some reason it doesn't show to me on api list... I make a steam files verification but it doesn't show... thanks for the codes.