Dedicated Server GUI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gbriden, Jan 31, 2022.

1. gbriden

gbriden New Member AMS2 Club Member

So is there any word about a Dedicated Server GUI being in the works. I think a GUI would make it much easier for leagues to concider AMS2 for there use. The current web based app is NOT the most user friendly thing out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

not that i know of, we are using this on our dediserver for our league: Game Server Hosting for Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competitizone, Automobilista 2 and Project Cars 2 / Emperor Servers

allows to schedule races,etc

maybe @Dave Stephenson can ellaborate on if there is something in the works for the near or distant future.

3. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lets hope we do

4. Maarten van Oosterhout

Maarten van Oosterhout New Member AMS2 Club Member

The dedicated server application seems to be in beta phase, still.
    Running dedicated server triggers a quite severe ping increase which in time triggers nasty lagging issues.
    This is even increased when adding AI on the races served by dedicated server. Although the AI cars supposedly are calculated by the PC of the first player connecting to the lobby, the lag with AI cars is insane. Cars are stopping/jumping back and forward every 1-2 minutes.
    Hopefully this gets resolved soon so proper league racing becomes reliable and fun.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  5. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i was thinking of running a server, after seeing the way it's all done through config files i think i'll give it a miss, why is there no gui for this?

6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You do have the http admin panel to set a session up but it won't save it to the config file. Ultimately it's not super complicated. It just requires to put in some time to understand it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

is there a way to export race results for a league?

8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The sms_stats lua addon records your sessions (all of it unfortunately in a single file instead of individual session files like ACC does) and you can upload the file to simresults.net to have it parsed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to run AMS 2 dedi servers I recommend using JustRace.net

[​IMG]

It's free to use. Just download their server management software configure that which is super simple and get an AMS 2 server running in a few minutes. It will also store your results on their website and also locally on your server you're using to host.

JR also has a ranking and safety rating system so you can compare yourself to all members on the platform.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Yeah, i totally agree with you there, the new UI is even better as well, great platform, and great people behind it who are willing and able to help in any way they can, and really listen to their community

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Not sure what you're talking about. There is a DS GUI built in and it should be enabled by default on the "server.cfg" file and listens on port 9000. Super easy to use.

12. DaWorstPlaya

I wondering if you haven't set your "sleepwaiting" and "sleepactive" timers correctly on the server config file to match you compute resources on your server. Or your server might just not be powerful enough to run with the settings you want it to have. I have no problems running a DS and the latency to all my friends in the league are between 30-80ms, however we're also all geographically close.

13. DaWorstPlaya

Yes, just go to the following folder "...Automobilista 2 - Dedicated Server\lua\sms_stats" and grab the "sms_stats.json" file and you can upload it to a site like:
    Simresults - rFactor, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars results log viewer, parser, converter, analyzer and reader
    to view your results.

If you don't want to deal with a manual process I would highly recommend the AMS2 dedicated server manager from Emperorservers.com
    Easy to Use, Powerful, Affordable Server Hosting with Instant Setup / Emperor Servers

Everything becomes GUI controlled and results and everything a super easy to view. Plus they are only a day behind updating their software when the AMS2 server gets an update. You can do a one time purchase for the server software for $12. Those guys are good.

14. Marcos Mirande

Marcos Mirande New Member

The Emperor servers were free when I hosted for AC some months ago. $12 is not expensive, but here in Argentina any number after the dollar sign is "too much" :(
    I'll try to configure the server with Justrace.net. The ours (Mybroga server) is up and working well, but the html-based GUI isn't that friendly, as you said.

Cheers, Marcos

15. Roy Niessink

I would advice you to also join the justrace discord, in case you have any questions, JustRace is entirely free, and also supports multiple sims btw.

New content is added immediately after an update as well.

I have used emperor before for our league, but JustRace offers more options, including running hotlap championships for example, we wont be going back to anything else, thats for sure

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marcos Mirande

Thanks!
    I just joined justrace and it seems great! However I still have to discover how to host. I'm doing something wrong yet...

Cheers! Marcos

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  17. Roy Niessink

You need to install their servermanager software on your server pc, and set that up which is basically a 3 or 4 step process, if your router supports UpNp, you can use that as well, so you dont need to open/forward any ports manually.

Admin Guides

18. DaWorstPlaya

So does the actual DS have to run on your local PC/server? And JustRace builds an interface/pointer that points to your personal server from their website to remotely configure? If so that's pretty neat.

19. Roy Niessink

Yes, they have a servermanager software, which you install on your local server, with that servermanager you can install a dedicated server for Ams1, AMS2,AC,ACC,RF2 and RaceRoom, which it can also auto update, their website communicates with the server manager and allows to run for example up to 10 server instances for AMS2.

JustRace.net | Simplified Event Management for Communities | 100% Free | No Ads

20. Marcos Mirande

Well, I'm still struggling with justrace. I managed to create the community, I shared my server with myself (just inc ase) and schedule a race, but my server isn't it when I open AMS2 and doesn't appear in the servers list within justrace page.
    The Justrace Server Manager says "no server detected"

I guess I did something wrong with my ports but couldn't discover what...

My server ran OK when hosting directly from the steamcmd

I 'd appreciate any tip...

Cheers, Marcos