1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I have a simagic Mini also, but recommend to keep most settings at standard zero values in the Simagic software aside from a small percentage of friction and damper just to give some mechanical resistance , then experiment with the in game settings from there. Then experiment with the smoothing and suspension filters later on .

I can’t help with best in game settings as I use a Custom ffb file, but if you can’t find what you like with default, you can try it out and it comes with recommended settings for the mini. .
    Find file below or in my signature
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/rfuktor-5-0-1k-zip.22561/

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I have a TSPC racer and have been a firm user of Auto Center By the Game for years.
    then saw the devs recommendation in the OP and gave it a quick try last night.
    dont know if that's placebo or what have you but I then felt it to be easier to catch up oversteer with the setting choice of By the wheel.
    Will do more testing over the weekend and also back to back comparison with 1 or 2 other Sims

3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Posting this here as well. This is the file I use for my T300 by @Danielkart

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Just tried your file with recommended settings and I think something is wrong. There hardly is any feedback? Are you sure you shared the correct files?

To be sure, what I did is copy your settings file and used the readme settings of 60 10 30 30 (top of my head). But it is very weak.

I have more succes with the popular w44 Daniel file that I now use with some small changes.

5. Aditya Dube

Aditya Dube New Member

Does anyone have any FFB settings for Moza R9, pithouse software and in game ones? I would really appreciate it.

6. ArmanLuki

ArmanLuki New Member

Any recomendation for Simagic Alpha Mini ? (In game and SimPro Manager)

7. Kuku Maddog

What wheel do you have ?

8. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Simagic alpha mini

9. Kuku Maddog

Are you using simpro manager or alpha manager ?

feel free to pm me as I don’t want to get into problem solving and settings chat on the forums .

10. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Yes using alpha manager. I would say no need for help now, perfectly happy with Daniel v44 custom FFB. Just wondering if something was off.

11. Kuku Maddog

All good, use whatever makes more sense to your senses. probably just need to turn things up , I have a lighter smaller wheel . Its focus is tyre feel rather than body feel. So don’t expect it to be harsh or overwhelming.

12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

FFB is ultimately a subjective affair without a "one size fits all" solution, yet Reiza's curated selection of FFB profiles may provide a methodology for finding more robust answers. Reiza includes three FFB profiles that interact in a cumulative manner:

1) Reiza's own Custom FFB profile, the "basic" one that is "just barebones steering torque acting around steering (kingpin) axis" provides an interesting opportunity to evaluate different vehicles--and AMS2 itself. In this profile, AMS2's "arm_force" value is equivialent to "max force at steering rack" in AMS1. Despite the lack of bells and whistles, this profile ought to provide, at a basic level, a satisfactory, predicatable driving experience. Using Reiza's recommended in-game settings for a particular wheel, if many cars feel entirely adequate when driven using the "basic" profile, and then suddenly another car feels off in comparison, then something is arguably wrong with the car--not with the profile! This user or that user may prefer the feeling of additional forces provided by either Default or Default+, but the "basic" steering torque profile should generate consistently predictable driving dynamics across all vehicles, ideally without changing in-game settings from car to car.

2) On top of the basic's steering torque forces, the Default profile adds "damping, friction, and a few sources of vibration with a small amount of chassis "seat of pants“ feedback (mainly yaw)" to start fleashing out the framework provided by the basic steering forces. If wheel settings were already confirmed to work acceptably with the "basic" profile, further tweaking with Default should be relatively straightforward. A user has already confirmed what the steering rack experience feels like; Default's extras provide further refinement and clarification. Furthermore, the user can test whether a given combination of damping, friction, and vibration is enhancing tactile feedback at the expense of laptimes or vice versa relative to the "basic" profile.

3) Finally, the Default+ profile additionally adds "some drop-off from understeer as front tires reach a critical sliding point, and slightly more chassis feedback added to the mix from lateral & longitudinal acceleration for a feel of the car´s weight transfer as load shifts in different stages of a corner. Default+ also features drivetrain vibration / pulses while the vehicle is stationary or moving slowly which directly relates to the vehicle engine configuration ( whether a 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine, how many cylinders it has and at which architecture)". The Default+ profile provides opportunities to make further enhancements to the FFB experience. These can be compared against the Default profile to determine which works best with the user's particular wheel (e.g., DD vs G25).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I have the same TS-PC Racer Wheel (Ferrari 488 Edition) and have my gain too at 100%. May I ask please if you're using a new FFB Custom Settings file and if so which one? Thanks.

Roger

14. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I'm a little confused on this. I thought the guy in the GamerMuscle video uses a Direct Drive wheel. How can you use a DD custom file for a Belt Drive T300? I have a TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Edition and I am curious, Please let me know, thanks.

15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It just works for me. The file was designed for DD wheels but I know many that use it just fine with belt driven wheels. Try and and see for yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wheelie man

Wheelie man New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Guys. New to the forum and just received by simagic alpha mini. I’m getting absolutely no ffb signal in AMS2. No issues with AC2 but dead in AMS2. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

17. Kuku Maddog

Have you set up as custom wheel ? Assigned axis and buttons etc ?
    Are you using Alpha manager or Sim pro ?

18. Wheelie man

I setup axis and buttons. I can drive around and everything but don’t feel road, bumps, resistance or anything type of ffb. I’m using sim pro manager beta. Weird that its only happening in AMS2.

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My G29 was just like this after today's G Hub update. Don't know your wheel, but if it is a Logitech, might be worth checking it out.

I'm not sure how I sorted it out, what I did was (in order):
    1. uninstall G Hub
    2. install LGS
    3. uninstall LGS
    4. install both LGS and G Hub
    5. uninstall both
    6. change USB port
    7. install G Hub using an older installer I happened to have
    Got all the vibrations back after that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wheelie man

I don’t have Logitech wheel thought I might uninstall G Hub to see if that works. I’m starting all over again with setting up wheel and pedal. Of course now it can’t seem to recognize my Huesinkveld pedals… sheesh this game can tear ur hair out with its bugs.