Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

The video is nice but imo it would be even better if one of you had a Ferrari livery.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

First of all, thank you for your kind words and also thanks for sharing your video of our ghost cars driving our so far the fastest laps. That was just beautiful to watch, especially the third sector. The battle to finish line cannot get much closer than that. :)

You definitely have earned your #1 spot in Nurburgring GP, no doubt about it. I'm also very happy with my current lap (especially the third sector) so the #2 spot in the leaderboard is really nothing to be ashamed of. :) After all, I had a honor to be the first person in the leaderboard to achieve a lap time lower than 1:28.000.

However the competitor in me tells me I have to keep trying to take the #1 spot back as long as the possibility is still there. As I see the #1 spot is still within reach I will have one more go at it in next week, after that I'm done with this track as I have no intention to keep this battle going forever. :)

I completely understand if you don't want to improve your lap time (and I know you can do it if you choose to do so) in Nurburgring GP anymore even if you get knocked out from #1 spot in the leaderboard. You're right, it has to end sooner or later. If I can't take the #1 spot back then I'll happily settle with the #2 spot and accept my loss with proud as I know then that I've given my everything. :)

After I've finished with Nurburgring GP (someday during next week) I will focus on Kyalami next as I see we're having a great battle there ahead waiting for us!

At this point I also want to thank you for the awesome competition we've been having so far in AMS2 Time Trial. You're a great opponent to race against with as you don't give up easily, a true challenge and also a gentleman. :cool: I'm certain that we will challenge each other and stretch our personal driving abilities and limits once again in other tracks too in near future. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Nice to see video. Great stuff
    Also watching @nemesis vids is useful/I enjoy, and his early 'turn in' and use of curbs. More so in car recorded as engine is heard.

@tUMi some rig u have in sig, dont know what half of it is though,
    @FS7.. N.A.C .Mmm brings back memories as a co-founder with Aarrron and Shad

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I beat you to it, but ramsaysg has already further improved by 7 tenths. Will try to get him tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Wow, what a friendly comment, I was very happy to read this, thank you!
    I'm not sure I can uphold current resilience, as I will have less time on my hands in the future, but I'll try to give you a good fight as long as possible - these TT "battles" are really enjoyable, especially in an environment this friendly.

I'll try my best to be a little obnoxious on the leaderboard at Kyalami tomorrow :)

You also might wanna have another look at my ghost, too... :whistle: The "setup" the game keeps insisting I've used consists of adjusting the brake bias one click towards the front.

I greatly struggle with the two fast S-corners though; the car just keeps on sliding and losing me time there. It's the only part of the track, where, for the life of me, I cannot keep up with @ramsay .

• Like Like x 1
  6. cpcdem

Will have a look tomorrow! Yeah, I also can't go full throttle through the fast S, but I'm sure it's possible with some practice.

But really, you put the brake bias even further to the front?!? In order to avoid heavy lock ups, I bring it 8 whole clicks to the rear... But it's very interesting what you say, maybe I have followed the wrong path (I'm using this car also in a league), will give a try to your approach as well.

7. Dicra

Well it's a TT setting, so lockups don't really matter that much as long as you don't overshoot. After all, the tires only need to do one lap.

And I'm actually not able to run 8 clicks (!) to the right; if I did that, the rear would get too unstable. With a pad, this is very hard to control because you would have to be insanely minimalistic with steering inputs. This gets worsened by the fact that I tend to get more twitchy thumbs when I'm on a good lap.
    It's pretty much the only compromise I often have to make because of my input device: I tend to need a little more stability of the rear than wheel users in order to be quick. In general, I think that a stable car mostly helps even in a TT setting, because it increases the number of decent laps you're going to get, even if it might not be quite as fast.

Brake modulation, on the other hand, has a lot more room for imprecise inputs to it, especially because one lockup doesn't ruin the lap (as opposed to one heavy slide).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FS7

I know my laptime is not that great but you might want to take a look at my setup, I softened the suspension and decreased tyre pressure and it helped decrease the excessive sliding.

• Like Like x 3
  9. cpcdem

Good points, thanks! I hesitate to get used to full wheel lock mode, because then I will follow the habit also in the races and this would be disaster :). But I will give it a short try, anyway this track doesn't have strong braking except for T1, so I don't think it makes a big difference for wheel users.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cpcdem

Wow, I see you guys are having a big fight, already lowered the lap time a lot!!! Now that the game has been updated, I need to practice for my tomorrow's race again with the physics update, but after that is done, I will try to join the party again! I doubt I can find another 1.7 sec, but will give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dicra

This time a setup was in play though, so maybe that'll help you as well. Not sure if it's the same after the physics changes though.

It's not quite a fight, I think. @ramsay is one of the two best players the game currently has and I'm just not quite in that league. The lap I've got there is one I'm very happy with, but there are some places where I'm just not quite as fast as him and some where I'm very confident he's got room for improvement.

In an honest race we'd probably be around half a second removed from each other (if we have the same setup) so if he tries again, he will take back the top of the leaderboard quite easily, I guess.

However, this is how the current record came to be - I tried to keep it as clean as possible; track limits are absolutely non-existent @Curvelo:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. cpcdem

Very nice, great lap! I'm glad to see I'm also using the same gears in every corner and to be honest I am exploiting the track limits even more than you do :)

I noticed you guys are both using 5 clicks for downforce, is that indeed what you have selected, or is it showing incorrectly like that, due to the changes in the default setup in the new build? I gave it a try, but was understeering too much with it..Instead with 4 it seemed fine and made it more stable in than with the default 3, so I might use it in my race as well, thanks for the tip! Actually one of the reasons why I really wanted to use this car in this competition, was to maybe steal a couple setup ideas from you guys for my league races ;)

13. Dicra

It's not my setup, that honor goes to @ramsay
    I only copied it and found that it made the car a lot more predictable and stable for me, so I didn't try to change anything about it. Within these next days, I'll try to get a bit of a better grasp of what the "advanced" values do in AMS2. I feel a bit bad to mostly rely on copying from others...

However, the values are correct. In my case, what you perceive as too understeery might just be perfect for my way of steering.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FS7

I recommend watching Steelcast27's Automobilista 2 guides on Youtube,

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dicra

So for me it's still the other way around. S1 was good (still almost a tenth left, but very hard to get), S2 still has a tenth left to improve and had little mistakes, S3 was very very good. Your S2 is still the best time anyone has ever done there ^^

However, turns out 1,17's are indeed possible at Kyalami :D

Current world record there is a 1,17,919.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

So, no posts here since March 2022... has everyone here stopped doing lap times in Time Trial on AMS2?! o_O

Anyway, back to business...

So, everyone here propably already knows by now that the Time Trial leaderboards has once again been reset after the V1.4 update. In the early 2022 I had some good competition in Time Trial with some other fellow Time Trial drivers here who also has contributed to this thread, it was great fun. :)

I've been away from sim racing since March (total of five or six month break). During this time I haven't been racing on AMS2 or any other sim. It's good to be back after the V1.4 update, the changes and improvements Reiza have made in car physics and in other aspects of the sim are really good in my opinion.

Well, now after the leaderboard reset has been completed once again, I thought maybe it's time to bring some life back to this thread and start posting some lap times in some good track & car combos anyone can think of. :)

So let me start. I just made a new lap record in Hockenheim within the F-Ultimate Gen2 car class. Really good track & car combo, if you ask me, I've had some good fun in there. This time I also did the car setup by myself from the scratch (using default setup as a baseline, of course). Usually I "loan" someone elses setup but this time I decided to take a different approach. People are free to copy my setup if they feel a need for it. ;)

However, more competition are needed on this track & car combo so maybe someone here who's reading this thread is willing to contribute...? :whistle:

ams2_f-ult_g2_hockenheim_tumi_world_record_10-09-22.png
    ams2_f-ult_g2_hockenheim_tumi_world_record_10-09-22_sector_times.png

17. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Aw, you guys are driving the easy stuff. :p

Let me make a suggestion. Do this with the C3-R Corvette at Bathurst. Full damage and failures.

I want to see those lap times and videos. :D

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

If TT and TTOTW had the same fps performance as the main game I'd still be doing them but as is the frames drop to 60-70 area from a locked 141 in the race weekend.
    I agree with @Oubaas, more fun cars in TT would be great, no TC /ABS, also a wet TT would be awesome.

Edit: I was wrong about TT, the FPS are great in TT but not in TTOTW so it is something in the code for TTOTW.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

TT is boring because of how disperse everyone is... but now with the new Week Challenge, I'm a little excited. Unfortunately, didn't had time to dive on it... yet

20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is car dependent I still have lots of GPU-capping happening in TT

• Informative Informative x 1