1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrible sound issues since updating to v1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by T1mko, Sep 16, 2022.

1. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Since upgrading to latest version of AMS2 I have sound issues that make game pretty much unplayable on some tracks as the sound is truly awful. It goes from one ear other, suddenly goes from quiet to loud.This makes racing very difficult as sound plays a big part in gear changes etc.
    To try and resolve this I have done a complete clean install and tried all audio options in AMS2 and Windows. If I revert back to v1.3 it all works fine so the problem appears to lie within the v1.4 update.
    PS: I have no sound issue with any other game.
    See below video from Monza, headphones needed to fully get the full experience.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey,

so you've checked if windows is set to the correct amount of speakers that you use?

(if not, you can reach it by clicking on the speaker symbol and follow the steps in order of the numbers, language shouldn't matter)
    nu.png

3. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Hi, yes checked all the settings and everything is correct, I only have this issue with AMS2 and only with 1.4, 1.3 is fine.

4. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Have now tried a full Windows Reset, still the same. I am going to revert to v1.3 until this is fixed as it's unplayable at present.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your video hints positional audio not applying the engine sound to your output correctly. The issue is not reproducible here.

Please post your hardware specs (good to have it in signature btw.) including your speakers/headphones and what you have set in windows/driver speaker configuration and ingame audio settings.

6. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Hi, Specs are as follows:
    Windows 11 21H2
    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
    RAM: 16gb
    Mobo: Gigabyte B550Aorus Elite
    GPU: Nvidia GTX1080 8gb
    Sound Devices:
    upload_2022-9-18_13-49-19.png
    RIG800HX is set as default audio device with default settings with 2 speakers.

AMS2 audio device is set to RIG880HX
    I have tried disabling all devices other the RIG headphones and problem still exists.
    Problem also happens if using VR and the Vive Pro headphones.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

7. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello,

1) can you try this same thing with front-engined vehicle? (Mercedes AMG GT3 / 4 for example, but can be any front-engined vehicle).

2) I tried to find some info on riggaming.com site but could not, so: do these headphones come with some buttons on them to change audio mode, ie "surround / atmos" setting?

3) What is your ingame "Player Engine Volume" and "Master Volume" set to?

8. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Hi Domagoj,
    1) Tried with suggested car and VW Polo and same result.

2) They have 3 settings that can be changed with a button the headset, same problem whatever setting I try. NB: I also get the same problem in VR when using my Vive Pro built headphones.

3) Master volume was 100 and Car volume was set to 7, tried various combinations and increasing/decreasing all the other audio options too. I tried turning down all the other options including environment volume to 0 but this doesn't help either.

Thanks.
    Tim

9. Domagoj Lovric

Thanks for testing, cam you pls do me one more...
    Master Volume: 100
    Player Engine Volume: 100

10. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Domagoj,
    Tried your settings as above, problem is still there but not as noticeable.
    Problem is worse on tracks like Monza where you come close to barriers and sound suddenly increases in the ear on the barrier side.
    Thanks

11. Domagoj Lovric

That is normal, it's reflected sound of the walls.

Thank you for feedback: there is a bug infact, reflections volume is not adjusted with Player engine volume (when it is set to 100, all is normal).

• Like Like x 1
  12. T1mko

T1mko New Member

Domagoj,
    Thanks for the update and how to mitigate the problem. I look forward to a patch soon hopefully.