1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LowFuelMotorsport Considering AutoMobilsta2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jake Attard, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Jake Attard

Jake Attard New Member

Hey everyone,

I have been a huge fan AutoMobilsta2 and the way the updates have improved massively the sim. One of the main areas lacking still is the online multiplayer system. Well this could potentially be changing with Low Fuel Motorsport (LFM) yesterday adding a new poll on there discord asking people to vote on whether you would be interested in LFM adding more sims. Currently LFM is only on ACC and is pretty much a online system like Iracing. If you haven't heard of LFM I recommend going to there website and reading up on it. It has changed the online multiplayer of ACC pretty much reviving it with hundreds of users daily racing.

Low Fuel Motorsport | Sim Racing Team and Community

Currently AMS2 is leading the poll on discord with 557 votes. I know there is many of yous here who would love the addition of LFM to AMS2. So your probably thinking what can I do to help and vote? Well its simple join the LFM discord link provided below and go to the lfm-news channel and vote AMS2. I have attached a image of the discord poll here to the thread.

Join the Low Fuel Motorsport Discord Server!

Please also share the news around the community to your friends. LFM addition to AMS2 would honestly be a game changer for this sim.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

while i love to see more attention and i joined their discord just to vote for ams2, i think if they were to launch a ams2 section there now, it would die quickly.
    netcode is still in a terrible state where u push cars that are still a bit away from you and sessions arent transitioning how they should

id imagine that a few people would try it and get annoyed quickly and never try it again.
    essentially the way multiplayer behaves every update. new update, lots of people in mp for a couple days and then slowly but surely back to a bunch of servers with 2-3 players and maybe 1 full server in prime time(which usually loses half of its players after turn 1).

they should defintively wait till multiplayer matures to a playable state and then offer it on their platform

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Despite ams2 winning the poll, they have chosen rf2 instead because of the state of ams2:
    To me this is a huge missed opportunity and I'm really disappointed. I'm really hoping that after all of the progress in other parts of the game, multiplayer can finally get some love. If the chance comes up again ams2 needs to be ready to take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd say fair play and I was expecting that outcome. Given the number of issues and likelihood of fixes and changes in that area it makes no sense for them to implement the integrations. Wait until the dust settles and that's when people are able to invest time and resources to plug in to AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What was the point of having AMS2 in the poll if they were not going to use it?!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think after the poll they looked into it in more detail and found whatever issues with the server system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sim racing games are nothing without multiplayer, why is it not taken more seriouslt by developers?

our community was going test run ams2 leagues, but after looking into it more now it appears we probably will try it, find it unusable and quit

• Like Like x 3
  8. F1Aussie

They should have researched that before deciding whether to include it or not. That's only common sense

9. F1Aussie

It is taken seriously, there are sims out there that prioritise that rF2 is a good example of it, single player has been almost left to rust on that sim

10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A good decision in my opinion, for both LFM and AMS2. The current state of the multiplayer is mostly fine for casual lobbies, but we're talking sweaty racing here. The issues still there would've left a sour taste in a lot of mouths. LFM can always try again in the future when/if Reiza irons out the rest of the problems.

Hopefully there's a line of communication open between Reiza and Boris so he can give them feedback on what needs to work.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, one can dream but I already lost any hope that AMS2 MP will get to a usable state.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Did they give an approximate rollout date for rF2 at LFM? Just curious...thanks.

13. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider New Member

Very disappointed by that. If ever there was a sign that Reiza need to prioritise fixing their multiplayer this is it. An LFM system would have attracted many more players.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a much needed win for rf2. I think I'll only see modern cars though. Most of the stuff is hit or miss, and the ffb, despite its praises on rf2, is actually a jerky mess. It needs a lot of work on the ffb to feel normal. I would play all of the sims and I think AMS2 would have been the better choice, but then again, I'm not sure what he meant by the state of AMS2. Imo, it's actually more advanced than RF2 in its current form. There must be more stuff at play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

they mean ams2 multiplayer is in a terrible state to use as a service, it's the same mess pcars 2 was

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1